06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woot, let the black knights torture him

the fight was weak, took 1 ovl dose and 3 brews

they key to speeding it up is to outdamage the healers, heres some tips on how to

the sword spec is guaruntee 450 dmg, use it as much as possible since its only 15% spec, that menas ull be using it even if she isnt doing her spec, ull do it when she specs, and between her specs fror more dmg

a charged helmet effect works based on how many monsters are attacking you, between the queen and defilers youll have 3 on you which is decent, meaning ur helm will be scrolling plenty, mix helmet scrolls which dont drain spec bar, then use your own scrolls to fill the gaps, and your iron titan will be constantly speccing. in my queen fight my iron titan gained me 3668 def xp, meaning it did over 9000 dmg

"this is an endurance fight, dont bother with piety and things like that" no, turmoil and ovl and you can beat the healers, from my experience they healed about 250 hp per lap, thats 1k dmg per lap, laps took about 10 seconds for a healer, this means if u can beat 100 dps ull beat the healers, this is only 240 dmg per combat turn, which is managable between specs, titan, and you maxing about 450 nonspec = about 85 dps if u hit

basicly if ur not patient just go wreck this weak piece of crap, then go solo corp with ur leftovers if ur bored

Man, I wish I did it like that. I just grabbed a yak full of sharks and did the endurance thing. Twas pretty boring. :thumbdown: Also:

meaning it did over 9000 dmg

WHAT NINE-THOUSAND?!@@!@!!!>!!>?!?!?!?!?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Also the irony of the quest name.

I kept enjoying thinking it will be over soon, then bam! Another guy needs a favour.

Most fun part was I didn't tele during the quest, I walked to all locations, didn't cast a single teleport.

The quest is built to tempt you to walk. Look how close together everyone is! It's only a short walk from Port Sarim to Draynor, right? Or from Draynor to Lumbridge...or across the River Lum...or to Varrock...or to Barbarian Village...or to OH GOD I JUST WALKED ALL THE WAY TO THE OPPOSITE END OF THE MAP

792px-1SFMap.png

Jagex has already said that it was the whole point of the quest. They wanted to get people to explore and go to places they normally wouldn't go. Every MMO has tour quests, but Jagex just tried to disguise this one as an actual story, so I give them props for the effort. Most MMO developers just call it "Tour of _____" and make you walk around different landmarks.

I agree though, it's a bad quest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can honestly say I loved One Small Favour, the humour in it was great and the story was good.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I can honestly say I loved One Small Favour, the humour in it was great and the story was good.

Me too. After that quest I always imagine that my character has some kind of psychological trigger whenever anyone mentions a 'small favour'. He just stares for three seconds, perhaps with an eye twitch, before snapping back to reality and resuming dialogue.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Me too. After that quest I always imagine that my character has some kind of psychological trigger whenever anyone mentions a 'small favour'. He just stares for three seconds, perhaps with an eye twitch, before snapping back to reality and resuming dialogue.

"I wonder if you could do me one final favour"

"Wait... this sounds familiar..."

priest_wiz.png

Cutscenes:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

A strange thing: at 1:50 of the third cutscene, Grayzag says "I have detested you for many years".

It has been year 169 of Fifth Age since the game was released, so every quest has happened during a single year. Is Grayzag a time traveller from the future or did Jagex make a mistake?

• 3 weeks later...

I may come a little late but I'd really like to express my opinion on this.

This quest was ridiculously easy. Any Master quest is far harder. The Pest Queen was easier to kill than the Kalphite Queen. And the puzzles? Please. Mourning's Ends Part II took me TEN hours. While Guthix Sleeps took me eight hours. Legend's quest, Monkey Madness & all those old master quests took me over 5-6 hours. This new Grandmaster quest barely took me two or three. It's built in the same, lame way as Nomad's Requiem, except the boss fight in Nomad's Requiem was epic, while the boss fight of Void Stares Back was the equivalent of hitting a sand bag for 15 minutes.

This may be in the grandmaster quest list in game. But that doesn't make it a grandmaster quest. Because this doesn't meet the expectations of a grandmaster quest.

Also, if I may add:

^a little downfall parody, reviewing the quest. Enjoy. :P

signaturemw.png