06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

What am I doing so wrong that I take like infinite damage @ the 4 void creatures and don't seem to hit them at all... :unsure:

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I doing so wrong that I take like infinite damage @ the 4 void creatures and don't seem to hit them at all... :unsure:

The first bunch? They have like 99,000 Defence. >_>

What's the Book of Equilibrium do?

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The staff of light’s effects now work in all scenarios

This includes non-combat spells?

EDIT: @Xecer (i haven't done the quest but I'm going on past experience) try talking to EVERYONE who you even saw during the quest. That's how extra rewards are usually given out.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Nice quest, fairly short and straightforward although the puzzles at the start were a bit of a pain. The Boss is easy as long as you have a good amount of food (a spec restore would be useful too). Fitting end to a amazing series imo :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

so this is some 1h quest that gives a 100k xp reward and 4-8 more pray bonus on a useless armor set? i wont be doing this quest

the boss fight doesnt even comapare with nomad

That's a pretty negative way to look at it, but to be honest, I agree. There really isn't anything that makes this quest Grandmaster level. Nomad's Requiem had a dam hard boss, WGS had an epic length compared to every other quest. TVSB has...nothing. The puzzles weren't as hard as what has come before and neither was the boss. I'm not dissapointed with the quest itself or the story, I just don't understand why Jagex slapped the GM label onto it as it clearly isn't of that level.

Sylpheed.png

so this is some 1h quest that gives a 100k xp reward and 4-8 more pray bonus on a useless armor set? i wont be doing this quest

That's a pretty negative way to look at it, but to be honest, I agree. There really isn't anything that makes this quest Grandmaster level. Nomad's Requiem had a dam hard boss, WGS had an epic length compared to every other quest. TVSB has...nothing. The puzzles weren't as hard as what has come before and neither was the boss. I'm not dissapointed with the quest itself or the story, I just don't understand why Jagex slapped the GM label onto it as it clearly isn't of that level.

Requirements.

Requirements.

exactly, as i said in the bts, even the reqs are nooby and worthless

a_final_name.png

Requirements.

Higher than WGS and Nomad's Requiem.

Requirements.

This is where the problem lies. If Jagex made a quest that had a requirement of 10 attack and made the boss Nomad the quest would be classed as a begginer level quest even though the consensus would be that it was the hardest one in the game. I loved TVSB, but the requirements didn't need to be that high. The reward wasn't even great at all, this is a Master quest with the wrong label.

Sylpheed.png

I completed the quest now too and I have to admit that it was kinda disappointing... The puzzles are OK, but not THAT challenging, there isn't much of a story involved in the quest (you only get to know who released the pest, woo-hoo!) and the boss is somewhat challenging, but nothing compared to Nomad. Don't get me wrong, the quest isn't BAD, but it doesn't deserve the label of GrandMaster Quest imho, although the requirments are, indeed, very high.

Now onto getting another 50 Commodations to upgrade my Void Legs :rolleyes:

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

What color armor did you get at the end? and who did you choose to kill?

I got the grey armour (thought it looked blue) and chose to kill Jessika since Korasi is probably my favourite NPC ever. Shame Jagex couldn't be bothered to put the person you saved into the game after the quest (as far as I can tell) though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Oh jesus, I've been waiting to enter the strange world of the void for ages now and when we finally do, the grand explanation behind the pests is...

[hide] A wizard did it. Herp derp. [/hide]

And neither the puzzles or the boss was GM'ish. Only the reqs.

"A quick option has been added to altars in Daemonheim to allow you to quickly restore your Prayer points. Thats particularly useful if you're in combat at the time!"

^ Was looking forward to this. :thumbup:

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead