Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts
No its supposed to be the grammer fail 12-year old ;)

I'm a 14 year old guy who played runescape for 2 years. That makes me one of them?

But anyways, yeah I'm kinda disappointed of how RS players nowadays act so childish... then again this isn't the first time this happened.

No it doesn't if you aren't insulting people.

I'm just sick of the fact that, just because I am in college and work, I am assumed to be boring and not be able to have fun with a game.
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnÂ’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

wcingisbad
[ Display Name History ]

wcingisbad

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 678 posts

I bet he's trollin anyway.
Posted Image
Posted Image
R.I.P. Neko :[
5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting
Blogs are dead

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

I'm a 14 year old guy who played runescape for 2 years. That makes me one of them?

But anyways, yeah I'm kinda disappointed of how RS players nowadays act so childish... then again this isn't the first time this happened.

Im almost 15, playing for 4. Honestly, when I started playing as a kid, I was naive and just assumed everyone was my age =P. I've never actually met any runescape players older than 25 in real life.

I met the 50 year old guy a few years back. He got into the game when one of my friends showed it to him. Their families are friends, or so I have been led to believe.

I started in late 2004, it's nearly been 6 years to the day (October 24, I *think*), I started when I was 10.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

Cubewarrior1
[ Display Name History ]

Cubewarrior1

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Cubewarrior1
  • Clan:Titans Revolution
When you first start playing Runescape, normally at a young age, you tend to criticise older players, foolishly. Personally I can remember mocking players foolishly who were maybe even only in their late teens for playing the game. Then when I got to around 16 I realised that I was what I had been criticising lol and became enlightened in knowing that there's absolutely nothing wrong with playing at an older age aswell as the fact that alot of the players in Runescape are older than you would expect. Although I seriously doubt i'll still be playing in a few years; the only reason I play now is because of my clan.
Posted Image

Jagex Community Cup Winners 2010

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
How old was Theoldnite before he passed? Definitely one of the respectable ones.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS
Ive played this game since 04' and even back then i didn't criticize someone based on their age or some other stupid reason... Immature kids need to learn to keep their lame/annoying comments about other players to themselves.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

I'm 20. Perhaps we should start an Old Men and Women of Runescape Alliance. :thumbup:

This, I'm 19

"While our games are created with adult gamers in mind, we do appreciate that some younger players also enjoy them."

http://www.jagex.com...arents_guide.ws

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Fools_Taco
[ Display Name History ]

Fools_Taco

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • RSN:Fools Taco
  • Clan:Skilling Guild.
Im 33 and i dont care who knows i play. Almost everyone my age has never even herd of runescape.

DuckyTheSwan
[ Display Name History ]

DuckyTheSwan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • RSN:Ducky Lecter

Im 33 and i dont care who knows i play. Almost everyone my age has never even herd of runescape.

My cousin's almost 31 and he plays Runescape too. He introduced some of his friends to the game and they all play together lol. I'm 21 and I don't see any problems with older people playing. The leader of the clan I'm in is a mother of a guy who also plays rs (not sure how old he is but I'd judge late teens/early 20s) and she's really cool.

I've been playing since 2003, making it almost 8 years I've been playing now. I was 13/14 when I started, and I never criticised anyone for their age. I listened and learned, and probably matured faster due to being around older players so much. There is no excuse for the amount of rudeness that people encounter for simply stating their age, and it seems worst in either Catherby or f2p. Just because I like a game doesn't mean I like kids in *that* way thank you very much :rolleyes:

Ugh... This post is ranty but it drives me mad. Seriously, if they made Runescape 18+ (or even 16+) it'd be so awesome. It's rare to encounter a player in-game (not talking about forums here) who's younger than that who can string a basic sentence together.

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

Ugh... This post is ranty but it drives me mad. Seriously, if they made Runescape 18+ (or even 16+) it'd be so awesome. It's rare to encounter a player in-game (not talking about forums here) who's younger than that who can string a basic sentence together.

I was about to flame you hard for that statement, but it's sadly true.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

I believe people only type like that on Runescape, because face it, there's not really a lot of time for you to be chatting.

I fit into this category since I type 90 WPM but make lots of mistakes on the way. It would be better if I were accurate AND fast at the same time (I would pwn Typeracer).

What really shocks me though, are people who type 60 and below WPM and STILL make so many mistakes. I'm assuming most of the Runescape population are snail-paced typers, which pretty much explains what you keep on seeing all day.

@ K4ylan: I was about to as well. But then I decided it's not worth it. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Interestingly enough, it's because of Runescape that I can type 80+ WPM. I started playing in 2001, and you had to type fast to talk to people (you still do, of course), so I did.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

Interestingly enough, it's because of Runescape that I can type 80+ WPM. I started playing in 2001, and you had to type fast to talk to people (you still do, of course), so I did.

That's actually also one of the reasons I learned to type so fast. ;D It's really handy outside of rs as well.

I just wish the general Runescape population would follow suit...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(
Random guy: "Omg, you're 16 and play Runescape?!"

Me: "16 is not old and why does it matter?"

RG: "Runescape is little kids game."

Me: "And what exactly makes it a kids game?"

RG: "..."

Exactly how it goes. Every. Single. Time.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
I'm 18, and I'm certainly not too old for this game. I still suck at it.

I figure the main age demographic is 16-18 year old male casual players, although it can accommodate broadly above and below that age range. The thing is, it's probably people who are in that demographic that act as if they're 12 or younger. To be honest, I don't see what's wrong with playing it when you're 50, at least it means you aren't one of those stubborn people who refuse to enjoy the technology of the next generation.

Also, Runescape taught me to type quickly as well. It's like being in a foreign-speaking country and learning the language really fast out of necessity. Runescape is just a world where people communicate by trying to type at about 70+ WPM, so you learn how to do that naturally after a few months. It doesn't help when your cat falls asleep on the keyboard though.

~ W ~

Posted Image

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RSN:Pere Grin

That's actually also one of the reasons I learned to type so fast. ;D It's really handy outside of rs as well.

I just wish the general Runescape population would follow suit...

Runescape is where I learned to type period. Lol. Been playing for 7 years, and I'm 20 now. I think that while the majority of the total population of RS is younger then me, after you get into the higher total levels, say 1900+, the age goes up. This is simply because anyone with 1900+ total has been playing the game for some time.

Thisbenathan
[ Display Name History ]

Thisbenathan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Thisbenathan
  • Clan:Downfall

now i find it VERY hard to believe since you misspelled grammar...

sorry i don't sit on forums all day to reply instantly; rarely post at all on this website anyways.

Posted Image

Downfall since day 1.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

sorry i don't sit on forums all day to reply instantly; rarely post at all on this website anyways.

:huh: I believe there's already a thread about grammar. I could pick your post apart, too, but that has nothing to do with this thread. He was obviously kidding. Calm down.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Vio
[ Display Name History ]

Vio

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 227 posts
I'm a 12 year old girl and I play RS, are there any other 12 year olds who want to-- no, just kidding :lol:

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,468 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Not everyone here is a depressed english major. Calm yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users