Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mierin
I know at least 4 mothers in-game, one of which had a surprise birthday party arranged by her son (where she got 99 hp, he got untrimmed prayer). Seems to me all older people are DIYers as well :P.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly
I know of 3 30+ players. They're all really cool. Honestly, I'm 17 and I've met like 3 or 4 people younger than me that aren't annoying. Most of my friends are in the 17-21 age group.

I piety the fool.

Thisbenathan
[ Display Name History ]

Thisbenathan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Thisbenathan
  • Clan:Downfall

Not everyone here is a depressed english major. Calm yourself

i'd just add to the suicide rate if i was an english major. while i do agree with the main purpose of this topic, i can't avoid attacks on 'your and you're's. much like there, their, and they'res.

Posted Image

Downfall since day 1.

Ezz
[ Display Name History ]

Ezz

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • RSN:Ez
They're just being naïve. At least 75% of my friends list is now 18+ and I got several friends who are 30+ and even a friend who is turning 71 soon. I don't really make friends so well with people younger than say.. 16 or so nowadays. There are quite a few cases though of course.
[Insert birds flying in a circle here]
Yes, that sig was annoying.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

i'd just add to the suicide rate if i was an english major. while i do agree with the main purpose of this topic, i can't avoid attacks on 'your and you're's. much like there, their, and they'res.

Similarly, I can't stand when people disregard capitalization.

Posted Image

Just kidding. But seriously, take the grammar fascism elsewhere.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS

Similarly, I can't stand when people disregard capitalization.

Posted Image

Just kidding. But seriously, take the grammar fascism elsewhere.

First part of what you said owned him.
Second part I agree with completely. If someone doesn't want to talk perfectly on a post, and it's not a guide or something official, don't nag them for it...

DiRtYDeViL
[ Display Name History ]

DiRtYDeViL

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • RSN:DiRtYDeViL
I'm 38 and play everyday several hours in fact :)
Posted Image

FooK-A-Ji
[ Display Name History ]

FooK-A-Ji

The One And Only

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:FooK A Ji
  • RSN2:Flyingtoilet
Games getting pretty old. So theres bound to be alot of "old" people. Or can't we just use the term adult :)

PrincessSparkles
[ Display Name History ]

PrincessSparkles

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I feel so young compared to everyone. >: (

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
I know quite a few adults in-game, I don't see it as any anomaly.

It's probably just because all their friends are the same age they are, thus whenever they meet someone who is older, they flip out. It's the same reason why people who never saw a skillcape before flip out at the sight of one. It's something new to them.

And with the grammar, if you REALLY want to get picky, you could find a grammar or technical error in every sentence. There's no need to drag out any grammar debate to that point.

meili
[ Display Name History ]

meili

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,556 posts
I'm too old for Runescape, too. Hehehehe. It makes me laugh sometimes when they put in some kiddy content in the game (wilderness ditch, for example).

257zrc3.gif

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
@ 19, I have no problem playing Runescape whatsoever. It's highly unlikely that a 8 year old can grind lvl 99 skills or
beat lvl 500+ monsters. I started playing at 13 and I always felt too young to play infact.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

I know quite a few adults in-game, I don't see it as any anomaly.

It's probably just because all their friends are the same age they are, thus whenever they meet someone who is older, they flip out. It's the same reason why people who never saw a skillcape before flip out at the sight of one. It's something new to them.

And with the grammar, if you REALLY want to get picky, you could find a grammar or technical error in every sentence. There's no need to drag out any grammar debate to that point.

I like it when people capitalize sentences, put in commas and periods and spell with like 90%-99% accuracy. (Depends on if they have internet spellcheck, like me :P)

I'm not concerned about some of the finer grammar points, but things like capitalization, periods, commas make sentences much easier to read; you aslo need to mkae sure taht wodrs are splet well enough that people know what word your trying to use. (Those 5 spelling errors were purposeful; most, if not all of you will still understand the word - trying to point out that I'm not spelling, to a certain extent, doesn't matter.)

Er, anyhoo...

Back on topic. Many people in my clan are in my age group, in the 17-19 range and, like me, many are starting post-secondary. My clan leader is a 30 something year old woman (don't actually know her exact age.) But I do know my clan leaders MOTHER also plays RS. ("Wil u b my gf?" "I'm probably old enough to be your grandma.")

Some variation on that happened to her once, although it's just here-say now.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
I don't get it. If the RuneScape population is growing older, why isn't there a system that allows little censoring? I mean, cussing should be allowed moderately, but advertising Url's not.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
My opinion with the censor? It should be removed completely.

Adding a censor to the game just adds on to the childishness of runescape.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

My opinion with the censor? It should be removed completely.

Adding a censor to the game just adds on to the childishness of runescape.

There's good reason for certain Url's to be censored. Complete removal of the censor would be silly, because it's so easy to advertise a malicious site which can harm a computer.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
Common sense would tell you that you shouldn't just go on random sites.

I believe a lot of the kids would fall for it, but the game's meant for older players right?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

I believe a lot of the kids would fall for it, but the game's meant for older players right?

Well, most games are aimed towards the 12-16 year old players, and I think even Runescape is too. And I can even see some adults falling for it.

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RSN:i_trollz_u
plus the GE needs anymore people with autotypers advertising things. Especially websites.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Well, most games are aimed towards the 12-16 year old players, and I think even Runescape is too. And I can even see some adults falling for it.

A lot of games have adult players in mind, runescape being the exception is aimed for 12 year olds, which a lot of us started when we were 12-13 and stuck around til were adult players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users