OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

GlowinRedM

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 20. Perhaps we should start an Old Men and Women of Runescape Alliance. :thumbup:

HAHA this ^

i'm 25, and i got friends on my list i talk to regularly that are 35-40...

Tweens don't know any better yo :shame: I just ignore them

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 12 year old girl and I play RS, are there any other 12 year olds who want to-- no, just kidding :lol:

I'm not even barely the oldest ones but here goes.

My name is Sydan, I'm 18 years old and I play RuneScape. :)

To be honest, one of the other games I've played for few years is Travian, which also gets called "the kids game" alot. However at the alliance discussion boards/skype etc I hardly ever reckon seeing anyone younger than eighteen. Majority of the players is atleast 25-30. Boys, girls, men, women, grandpas and grannies altogether. I've bet I've got half a dozen friends there who are two or even three times my age. And we get along just well.

Actually speaking, in pretty much every game that I play, I end up meeting (and making friends with) alot of older people than me. And like I said, we get along just fine. Kids are kids and I know what it's like. Back in the 2001 when I started (9 years old!!) I could've sweared that no one older than 13 is playing this game. How wrong I was. :lol:

u5zhkTY.gif

Don't worry mate, I'm 26 myself and I stopped telling those kids how old I am.

So tired of the reactions I'm a no-lifer or an idiot for playing child's games.

I've tried many many games and still I keep returning to RS.

It has everything I need in a game.

It's nearly impossible to have achieved/done/seen everything there is in game.

So I don't mind whatever they say. In 5 yrs I'll still be around, but I doubt they will be :)

Just enjoy the game and don't bother bout those kiddo's :P

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Don't worry mate, I'm 26 myself and I stopped telling those kids how old I am.

So tired of the reactions I'm a no-lifer or an idiot for playing child's games.

I've tried many many games and still I keep returning to RS.

It has everything I need in a game.

It's nearly impossible to have achieved/done/seen everything there is in game.

So I don't mind whatever they say. In 5 yrs I'll still be around, but I doubt they will be :)

Just enjoy the game and don't bother bout those kiddo's :P

I knew some people in my old clan who were quite old, they had a section of the clan devoted to people over the age of 30 and there were at least 15-20 people in it

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

I am 19, and most of my RuneScape friends are either my age or older, ages ranging from 14 (by far the youngest, and the only one under 17) to 57.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I'm 19 and have been playing since around 14/15ish. I have noticed that over the years that Runescape is becoming more and more appealing to people over the age of 18.

e.g. The graphics are getting better, some or the creatures/monsters are harder to kill/survive against (requiring more patience), some of the jokes in quests have more than one angle, some more mature humour but in a subtle way and some of the items are starting to look a bit more sinister (such as the new Cyclossus mask).

I personally don't care if a younger player starts "lol-ing" at me for being a "nerd", i am sure that most of the users on here are not "nerds" we just enjoy the game. Its funny that if you play Runescape your in the "nerd" group however if you play call of duty or halo then you aren't, they are both games...

[/rant]

user1-dark.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 13---yes, dem tweenz---and I have no problem with whoever plays the game, whether they are 10, 20, 30 or 40. They like it, they can play it. It's not all tweens who are idiots, just about 60% of them :)

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

i'm 19, and i'm more disappointed with the fact that you used the wrong "you're" in your title than your age.

The title is ironic. It's supposed to be a 12 year-old talking.

I could type when I was 12. :/

I shouldn't talk, I'm 14, but really, who cares how old one of us are, we all just play, lol.

discoshazamsig-1.png

I hate those guys who say RS is for kids, to me actually worse than PJ'ers or spammers. Those guys are probably 8 year olds who should play club penguin instead (which in my opinion is one of the worst game ever), or they are WoW fanatics going to RS to convert others to playing WoW.

I hate those guys who say RS is for kids, to me actually worse than PJ'ers or spammers. Those guys are probably 8 year olds who should play club penguin instead (which in my opinion is one of the worst game ever), or they are WoW fanatics going to RS to convert others to playing WoW.

I think WoW players are too busy playing WoW to do that.

discoshazamsig-1.png

I think WoW players are too busy playing WoW to do that.

Who cares how old you are?

Kensei99.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 31 years old and have been playing Runescape since I was 23 or 24. I still watch cartoons, eat cereal, play board games, colour, eat candy, play in the snow, and smack my best friend with a foam noodle when he isn't looking (hehehe). Why? Because it's fun. If I want to play a pixelized game on the computer, I will. And maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that the older I get, the higher the age for being considered "old" gets. :wink:

Now someone please tell me where I left my walker. :P

lanabyte.png

I started Runescape when I was 11.

I will turn 17 in february.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Calling someone a nerd for playing a game loosely translates to "I think the game you like is crap therefor I am insulting you for playing it."

I like this however it should be...

"I don't understand the game you play, and when I tried I failed horribly. I'm also a little bit jealous on how perfectly formed your [cabbage] is" <--- cabbage being the actual word in this case. Don't we all grow cabbages for sport?

user1-dark.png

I've been playing since 2004 and I'm 22. I always end up coming back after a break because of how RS is built. Sure, I played LOTRO, RoM and PWI for a bit, but RS blows them out of the water as far as I'm concerned.