OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

GlowinRedM

I do feel a bit old now I'm 18, at University, and still playing. I got the "LOL I played RS when I was a kid" reaction from my new Uni mates when I told them but otherwise they don't mind. Since I fish a lot, I've come across quite a few people who are around 18+. Woodcutting and Fishing are heavenly skills for those who have a lot of reading to do :P

I was called a 12 year old the other day at a TET event for making a load of your mum jokes but bleh :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 30 years old and have been playing since the start of 2005. I was already old when I started playing. I never bother telling people my age in game anymore since I get alot of you're old, what are you doing playing the game type comments. I usually respond by saying when I was a teenager I never wasted my time playing game, I was busy having fun with real life(getting girls/doing the fun underage drinking thing/etc).

Now I'm not an old man, but I'm the only 30 year old I know that has gray in his beard(alot of gray :(). I still have fun playing the game so if I'm too old for whoever has a problem with it, oh well. I'll play this game until it dies. That is all.

al_bundy.png

Now I'm not an old man, but I'm the only 30 year old I know that has gray in his beard(alot of gray :()...

My uncle is 34, plays RuneScape and is a little grey here and there too, so no worries, you're not alone. ;)

He's actually the one that got me playing when I was younger. I am 19 myself.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Now I'm not an old man, but I'm the only 30 year old I know that has gray in his beard(alot of gray :()...

I got some gray hair up in my head, but it's so little that you wouldn't notice it. I'm 20.

Do you have any white spots in beard area? Like white skin?

P.S The shoe salesman rocks!

First, a curiosity: did u realize most of posters have +19? Thats because the "mature" part of the rs players tend to use forums. Not everyone, but the major part.

I'm currently 20, and played runescape for several years. Sometimes, myself ask myself if i'm not too old to play (usually when i rage about soloing stomp). Then i realize: who cares 0o

Tbh, thats one of the few things that make me like wow over runescape. In wow, majority of people you gather with are 20+, lots of women and old guys, lots of married ppl and ppl with kids. And yet, they can nerd as much as a 15 years old boy, even more sometimes.

Skiller11101.png

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly? That is just about the rudest thing I've seen in a while... and yet the most common. I agree with you totally...

Some kids are really dumb. I'm 13 and a ten year old called ME old. What does that make you lot, ancient? Just kidding. But this stuff seriously ticks me off for many reasons, not the least of which being it gives younger players a horrible name with older ones. (Not saying the name isn't deserved, but there's always someone who doesn't fall into the stereotype.)

Solution: (Practical joke) if someone tells you runescape's only for kids, you say: Compared to me, you're a baby. Therefore, you shouldn't be playing. At all. And you shouldn't be insulting people with more brain cells in their skulls than in your underdeveloped cranium.

(Actually, I might just try that out myself. Interesting to see what answer I get. XD)

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

I'm almost 16, and I've had lots of friends who played and then stopped at 12-13. One kid told me just a few months ago that he ragequitted after he died and lost his granite platebody and dlong. Lul

Saying all this about age got me thinking again, i remember seeing on RSOF a while ago about an over 40s clan, is it still around? my mum plays but wants other people to play with

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

Solution: (Practical joke) if someone tells you runescape's only for kids, you say: Compared to me, you're a baby. Therefore, you shouldn't be playing. At all. And you shouldn't be insulting people with more brain cells in their skulls than in your underdeveloped cranium.

While I totally agree with your sentiment, truth is, the "kids" are more likely to have more brain cells. The brain starts losing neurons as early as 17 in some people. :)

I'm 22, I've been playing RS sporadically since 2002. I don't feel old, though it is frustrating to deal with younger people sometimes.

I made this comment on a similar thread in the general discussion forum, and I thought i may be appropriate here:

It's always funny. People look at my combat level (138) and the gear I'm wearing and usually tell me, "Nerd. Get a life."

That's the point where I usually reply: "I've got a husband, three kids, a job, a house, a mortgage and a monthly car payment. How much more of a "life" do I really need?"

:P

nyuseg.png

I made this comment on a similar thread in the general discussion forum, and I thought i may be appropriate here:

It's always funny. People look at my combat level (138) and the gear I'm wearing and usually tell me, "Nerd. Get a life."

That's the point where I usually reply: "I've got a husband, three kids, a job, a house, a mortgage and a monthly car payment. How much more of a "life" do I really need?"

:P

Dayum. Well said.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I've talked to Runescapers on Teamspeak and stuff, and the truth is that in the better organised clans, there's no shortage of "wrinklies" :P

You would have loved it at RuneFest then :P

I'm a 14 year old guy who played runescape for 2 years. That makes me one of them?

But anyways, yeah I'm kinda disappointed of how RS players nowadays act so childish... then again this isn't the first time this happened.

You sound like one of the decent teenagers to be honest. I started playing in 2003 when i was 14. I didn't have any issue with older people playing the game with me, for that matter my closest friend iv had on runescape was in his 40's. It didn't matter, we were both playing a game, we both had a good maturity (him obviously more than me :P).

But now its 2011, im coming up to the age of 22 so you can imagine, i have grown up with this game always being something to fall back on be it if my xbox gets boring, had a rough day at work... i can come play some relaxing, nostalgic gaming with mature people holding the same intent. The generation of teenagers who play now, as a whole i struggle to get along with mainly due to they always have something to hold against me, even if i had not said a word ingame.

If anyone feels like adding me in game feel free, i know how hard it can be to find decent people to play with on here if you dont already have them befriended.

But yes I fully agree with OP, Your never to old for anything.

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

It IS sad guys. Allow it.

Im 19, its so lame of me to play RS a lot of the time. theres so much to do at this age. Id say RS shouldnt be played by anyone personally because there are almost no positive influences on your life. and people who say its fun, is it really? is it as fun as skating down a hill, or poppin a wheelie, or getting some love? no.

im gunna try and quit in the next week cos im moving to france an wanna make the most of it yeah, i know i dont have much fun anymore, other than it being like a second life.

i personally think anyone playing over 6 hours a day at weekends is damaging their lives, no matter what age. i think your lying to yourself if your 138 and playing 10+ hours at weekends. Ive spent 250 days on my account. Do u no what i couldve done wit that? like io just started guitar and am playing like 3 hours a day. i couldve played 6000 hours of guitar and be absolutely killer now! to be fair i probally wouldve spent 1000 hours watching tv but yeah whatever.

but look, if you have kids and oyu play on rs thats something i have a personal problem with. becuase your not just ruining your life, ur ruining thers. I used to know someone with 4 kids who all played rs, from like 6-12. the mother played 10 hrs+ every single day. she encouraged the kids to waste their life, making them nerds/socially inept and ruined her own.

im gunna assume that all the people that grind will all have the same thing, even if their in denial. you may not cancel things to play runescape, but your more inclined to turn it down, or have a night in.. i think runescape is escapism at its worst.

like i said im 19, i havnt played for the last year (just started again) and my life significantly improved. in the past week or 2 ive been out a lot less, got a lot less done in general (am unemployed so its pretty important i actually do something) and had a nocturnal lifestyle. and ive acheived practially nothing in game! its taking me like 15 hours to get from 82 dung to 85. and that gets me the ability to make 4m an hour, except i dont ahve yac. which would take like 100 hours more grinding. its just silly.

i think the older you get the sadder it gets playing, i dont understnad how a 40 something year old couldnt understand this.

if anyone has an argument about why its not sad to play at 40, or if anyone genuinely plays in moderation (like 6/7 hrs a week) id love to hear from you. or if anyone with kids can tell me why its not detrimental to their childhood to play with them.

x

truth be told, this guy ^ just called it how it is

speaking as someone who once played way too much RS and WoW, took a long break and enjoyed RL only to get back into them when i stopped working - it aint cool yo

YES - you can balance your playtime and enjoy a healthy and productive lifestyle whilst playing RS, but due to the fact that mmo's are addictive by nature it requires a modicum of self control that many people seem to lose when they get 'wired in'

thankfully i start work again on friday, and i'm hoping i'll be able to employ this self control - else my studies will suffer and scape will once again have to go

THAT BEING SAID - it gets easier to be an 'older' gamer [with less time / more responsibilites]when you've already played the game through your youth and already developed decent accounts - you can just hop on for an hour of pking or staking and hop off again without having to worry about the lifesucking grind - whether there are 'better' recreations you 'should' be enjoying in that hour instead of scape is a murky area with all sorts of arguments to consider...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

is it as fun as skating down a hill, or poppin a wheelie, or getting some love? no.

That's like, your opinion, man.

yeah but its a fairly standard opinion that its better to get laid than play rs lol!

fair about the skating an stuff, i dunno i find it a looad more fun than runecrafting lol

fair about the skating an stuff, i dunno i find it a looad more fun than runecrafting lol

Everybody has their hobbies. If I enjoy playing a game more than knitting, why should knitting be more acceptable just because of my age?

yeah i just said i find it more fun than runecrafting. are you quite old then?? i personally dunno what i think about over 65s playing runescape.. i might well, i dunno. im still sure its better for you to be active at that age than play RS. like my gran is 78n and she bikes everyday, walks, hikes, gardens you no shes jus healthy. but my grandad (rip) couldnt really walk by 70 because of his lack of exercise after about 60, he jus sat and watched tv, which just made it worse.

if your talking about knitting i assume ur like 65-75.. i dunno. if you want the last years of your life to be invested into a game then fair enough. i mainly have strong opinion that 20-50 is a terrible time to play rs obsessivley, or more than 2 hours a day. hell read my other post, i said most of what i think lol.

the only time i ever think its acceptable to no life tho is if your badly disabled.

Everybody has their hobbies. If I enjoy playing a game more than knitting, why should knitting be more acceptable just because of my age?

yeah i just said i find it more fun than runecrafting. are you quite old then?? i personally dunno what i think about over 65s playing runescape.. i might well, i dunno. im still sure its better for you to be active at that age than play RS. like my gran is 78n and she bikes everyday, walks, hikes, gardens you no shes jus healthy. but my grandad (rip) couldnt really walk by 70 because of his lack of exercise after about 60, he jus sat and watched tv, which just made it worse.

if your talking about knitting i assume ur like 65-75.. i dunno. if you want the last years of your life to be invested into a game then fair enough. i mainly have strong opinion that 20-50 is a terrible time to play rs obsessivley, or more than 2 hours a day. hell read my other post, i said most of what i think lol.

the only time i ever think its acceptable to no life tho is if your badly disabled.

I guess my twenty-two year-old sister who knits is actually a little old lady. I'll be sure to tell her that. -_-

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one