Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Crossed Body

When you're like 16-17 you try to deny playing it when friends ask you. Eventually there's a point when you just say f it and don't care who knows.... They'll just have to get over it.

When I was 16-17, most of my friends also played.
Posted Image

Samaster
[ Display Name History ]

Samaster

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • RSN:Samaster

Calling someone a nerd for playing a game loosely translates to "I think the game you like is crap therefor I am insulting you for playing it."

I like this however it should be...

"I don't understand the game you play, and when I tried I failed horribly. I'm also a little bit jealous on how perfectly formed your [cabbage] is" <--- cabbage being the actual word in this case. Don't we all grow cabbages for sport?
user1-dark.png

zotto
[ Display Name History ]

zotto

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts
I'm 40.

My wife makes fun of me for playing runescape.

Mostly because she knows all the young kids in the neighbourhood play runescape. That includes one of my children.

I don't care. I like playing the game.

Iglw
[ Display Name History ]

Iglw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • RSN:Iglw
  • Clan:The Order of Cabbage
20 and still playing.

Fun/addiction knows no age limit.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

3nslavE
[ Display Name History ]

3nslavE

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RSN:Morghuul
I've been playing since 2004 and I'm 22. I always end up coming back after a break because of how RS is built. Sure, I played LOTRO, RoM and PWI for a bit, but RS blows them out of the water as far as I'm concerned.

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
I do feel a bit old now I'm 18, at University, and still playing. I got the "LOL I played RS when I was a kid" reaction from my new Uni mates when I told them but otherwise they don't mind. Since I fish a lot, I've come across quite a few people who are around 18+. Woodcutting and Fishing are heavenly skills for those who have a lot of reading to do :P

I was called a 12 year old the other day at a TET event for making a load of your mum jokes but bleh :P

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Al Bundy
[ Display Name History ]

Al Bundy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:Al Bundy
I'm 30 years old and have been playing since the start of 2005. I was already old when I started playing. I never bother telling people my age in game anymore since I get alot of you're old, what are you doing playing the game type comments. I usually respond by saying when I was a teenager I never wasted my time playing game, I was busy having fun with real life(getting girls/doing the fun underage drinking thing/etc).

Now I'm not an old man, but I'm the only 30 year old I know that has gray in his beard(alot of gray :(). I still have fun playing the game so if I'm too old for whoever has a problem with it, oh well. I'll play this game until it dies. That is all.

al_bundy.png

Jaffy1
[ Display Name History ]

Jaffy1

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 3,556 posts
  • RSN:Ms Julie

Now I'm not an old man, but I'm the only 30 year old I know that has gray in his beard(alot of gray :()...

My uncle is 34, plays RuneScape and is a little grey here and there too, so no worries, you're not alone. ;)
He's actually the one that got me playing when I was younger. I am 19 myself.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image Tip.It Website Crew Leader
Quotes

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Now I'm not an old man, but I'm the only 30 year old I know that has gray in his beard(alot of gray :()...

I got some gray hair up in my head, but it's so little that you wouldn't notice it. I'm 20.

Do you have any white spots in beard area? Like white skin?

P.S The shoe salesman rocks!

zoth01
[ Display Name History ]

zoth01

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • RSN:skiller11101
First, a curiosity: did u realize most of posters have +19? Thats because the "mature" part of the rs players tend to use forums. Not everyone, but the major part.

I'm currently 20, and played runescape for several years. Sometimes, myself ask myself if i'm not too old to play (usually when i rage about soloing stomp). Then i realize: who cares 0o

Tbh, thats one of the few things that make me like wow over runescape. In wow, majority of people you gather with are 20+, lots of women and old guys, lots of married ppl and ppl with kids. And yet, they can nerd as much as a 15 years old boy, even more sometimes.

Posted Image

Sheep Tails
[ Display Name History ]

Sheep Tails

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • RSN:Sheep Tails
Honestly? That is just about the rudest thing I've seen in a while... and yet the most common. I agree with you totally...

Some kids are really dumb. I'm 13 and a ten year old called ME old. What does that make you lot, ancient? Just kidding. But this stuff seriously ticks me off for many reasons, not the least of which being it gives younger players a horrible name with older ones. (Not saying the name isn't deserved, but there's always someone who doesn't fall into the stereotype.)

Solution: (Practical joke) if someone tells you runescape's only for kids, you say: Compared to me, you're a baby. Therefore, you shouldn't be playing. At all. And you shouldn't be insulting people with more brain cells in their skulls than in your underdeveloped cranium.

(Actually, I might just try that out myself. Interesting to see what answer I get. XD)
Posted Image
Follower of Guthix
The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Shadow37
[ Display Name History ]

Shadow37

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts
I'm almost 16, and I've had lots of friends who played and then stopped at 12-13. One kid told me just a few months ago that he ragequitted after he died and lost his granite platebody and dlong. Lul

Teshiburu
[ Display Name History ]

Teshiburu

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • RSN:Teshiburu
Saying all this about age got me thinking again, i remember seeing on RSOF a while ago about an over 40s clan, is it still around? my mum plays but wants other people to play with

Stats & Goals

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar
99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

NewBee
[ Display Name History ]

NewBee

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Comatorium

Solution: (Practical joke) if someone tells you runescape's only for kids, you say: Compared to me, you're a baby. Therefore, you shouldn't be playing. At all. And you shouldn't be insulting people with more brain cells in their skulls than in your underdeveloped cranium.

While I totally agree with your sentiment, truth is, the "kids" are more likely to have more brain cells. The brain starts losing neurons as early as 17 in some people. :)

I'm 22, I've been playing RS sporadically since 2002. I don't feel old, though it is frustrating to deal with younger people sometimes.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte
I made this comment on a similar thread in the general discussion forum, and I thought i may be appropriate here:

It's always funny. People look at my combat level (138) and the gear I'm wearing and usually tell me, "Nerd. Get a life."

That's the point where I usually reply: "I've got a husband, three kids, a job, a house, a mortgage and a monthly car payment. How much more of a "life" do I really need?"

:P

nyuseg.png

I_am_Geed
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Geed

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
  • RSN:Feel
  • RSN2:Doc Roe3

I made this comment on a similar thread in the general discussion forum, and I thought i may be appropriate here:

It's always funny. People look at my combat level (138) and the gear I'm wearing and usually tell me, "Nerd. Get a life."

That's the point where I usually reply: "I've got a husband, three kids, a job, a house, a mortgage and a monthly car payment. How much more of a "life" do I really need?"

:P

Dayum. Well said.
Posted Image

TaylorSwift
[ Display Name History ]

TaylorSwift

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RSN:Taylor Swift
I've talked to Runescapers on Teamspeak and stuff, and the truth is that in the better organised clans, there's no shortage of "wrinklies" :P
Posted Image

Vio
[ Display Name History ]

Vio

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 227 posts

I've talked to Runescapers on Teamspeak and stuff, and the truth is that in the better organised clans, there's no shortage of "wrinklies" :P

You would have loved it at RuneFest then :P

Monky
[ Display Name History ]

Monky

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • RSN:Mr Monky
  • Clan:Bodism

I'm a 14 year old guy who played runescape for 2 years. That makes me one of them?

But anyways, yeah I'm kinda disappointed of how RS players nowadays act so childish... then again this isn't the first time this happened.

You sound like one of the decent teenagers to be honest. I started playing in 2003 when i was 14. I didn't have any issue with older people playing the game with me, for that matter my closest friend iv had on runescape was in his 40's. It didn't matter, we were both playing a game, we both had a good maturity (him obviously more than me :P).

But now its 2011, im coming up to the age of 22 so you can imagine, i have grown up with this game always being something to fall back on be it if my xbox gets boring, had a rough day at work... i can come play some relaxing, nostalgic gaming with mature people holding the same intent. The generation of teenagers who play now, as a whole i struggle to get along with mainly due to they always have something to hold against me, even if i had not said a word ingame.

If anyone feels like adding me in game feel free, i know how hard it can be to find decent people to play with on here if you dont already have them befriended.

But yes I fully agree with OP, Your never to old for anything.
Posted Image
"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
I think people that are 18+ should have something recognizable.
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users