The Wilderness

Vio

The only danger in the wildy comes from stupidity, myself included. Ie I was testing out my super antifires for the first time on the kbd, didn't repot soon enough and died. I got everything back, but I realized that if a rev had found and teleblocked me I easily could have lost my claws. But like I said, that was my own stupidity/inexperience, and 99% of the time the wildy poses no serious threat to me or my bank.

More OT: I do support having a more isolating wilderness and moving the more player/community friendly content elsewhere as it really does destroy the atmosphere of a cursed, desolate, charred wasteland.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the wilderness is supposed to be a wild and dangerous area in Runescape lore.

So the KBD Lair is supposed to be a schoolyard playground, then?

IMO the KBD should be f2p, but that aside, I agree with Dangazmlp that revs are too weak to pose a threat at higher levels. Mainly, their max hit isn't up to par. Whether you like this or not, is another isse.

My point is that very few enemies are going to pose a serious threat to high-level players anyway.

But this isn't about what things currently can do, it's about what we would like things to do. Would you want a more dangerous wilderness?

Yes, I would. The Wilderness should be very likely to kill you if you're unprepared, and a challenge if you are prepared, equipment and food wise. I think giving revenants the ability to run will fix a lot of that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

But the wilderness is supposed to be a wild and dangerous area in Runescape lore.

IMO the KBD should be f2p, but that aside, I agree with Dangazmlp that revs are too weak to pose a threat at higher levels. Mainly, their max hit isn't up to par. Whether you like this or not, is another isse.

My point is that very few enemies are going to pose a serious threat to high-level players anyway.

But this isn't about what things currently can do, it's about what we would like things to do. Would you want a more dangerous wilderness?

Yes, I would. The Wilderness should be very likely to kill you if you're unprepared, and a challenge if you are prepared, equipment and food wise. I think giving revenants the ability to run will fix a lot of that.

Yeah, the day pking was removed from the wildy was the day that I stopped fearing it.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

So the OP is telling us that he likes a useless area of the map filled with scammers and other low forms of life.... nice =D>

One could say the same about free trade. Or Lumbridge. Or just about any aspect of RuneScape. In fact, does scamming not still exist, in the form of price manipulation clans (no need to reply to this question)? I used to PK back in the days of yore, when the Wilderness was a PK area, but so did I do clues, and killed green dragons, and went to the KBD, etc etc. All of these were generally dangerous back then, but now I can walk through the wilderness without even worrying if I'll die, and consequently, I risk a relatively large some (to me) just doing clues there.

ozXHe7P.png

The current Wilderness is already as dangerous as it needs to be.

I'll certainly concede that the giant Clan Wars arena is a waste of map space, though.

I dont see any evidence proving that the wilderness is even remotely dangerous

Do you have the scripture to support this?

287b5w.jpg

The wilderness is ruined.

How can you ruin something that has never been good?

On topic; The old wilderness will never come back, why do people actually like the PvP in it? If you like the thrill so much, go to W18 and do your clues there or something

Make it so you don't get a gravestone in the wild.

That would probably make things a little bit more interesting and make it so people won't risk too much, even if they don't make reverants stonger.

I personally like the idea of letting players just kill other players for the lulz without getting any loot.

@Troacctid

It's not hard to make an enemy that poses a threat to higher levels but not to lower levels, through the wilderness level or through lp-x attacks (as Nomad or mourners use) or other such 'proportional' attacks. Also it should be noted that revenants cease to be lethal from 100ish combat onwards, which is still quite far from being a high level. I'd be ok if a level 130 could walk through the wilderness without fear, but not 100 or lower (as you'll often see on penguin hunts, where lower levels chase the peng though rev routes without a thought).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

On topic; The old wilderness will never come back, why do people actually like the PvP in it? If you like the thrill so much, go to W18 and do your clues there or something

It used to be a thriving area, until destroyed during the God Wars. In fact, it was described as "heaven on earth".

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It used to be a thriving area, until destroyed during the God Wars. In fact, it was described as "heaven on earth".

Ah. But that's RuneScape mythology, not ingame content that has been explored. I still think it's silly how people actually enjoyed the old dump of the wilderness. I agree that it shouldn't be like a massive city like it is now, but I don't believe it should revert to the way things were.

Ah. But that's RuneScape mythology, not ingame content that has been explored. I still think it's silly how people actually enjoyed the old dump of the wilderness. I agree that it shouldn't be like a massive city like it is now, but I don't believe it should revert to the way things were.

I enjoyed it, mostly because you NEVER know when a pker will show up. That makes it very different than w18, where there's people everywhere because they're all cramped in one world. When you see a white dot on a random world in the old wilderness, you don't know if he's a level 50 pure or a level 126 maxed hybrid, and when you're around level 100, its gets the adrenaline rushing and that's what was fun.

Staurolite.png

I enjoyed it, mostly because you NEVER know when a pker will show up. That makes it very different than w18, where there's people everywhere because they're all cramped in one world. When you see a white dot on a random world in the old wilderness, you don't know if he's a level 50 pure or a level 126 maxed hybrid, and when you're around level 100, its gets the adrenaline rushing and that's what was fun.

This.

It also reminds me of a memory that happened about a half a year before Pking was removed from it. Some guy posted a thread on a RSOF, it was to make a new account and go into the wilderness (Bandit Camp) and the goal was to all work together and try to survive. All items we had could only be gained in the wilderness, and same with skills save mining as there is no tin/copper. We had around 90 people at one point. I wonder what the eyes of some level 100 seeing a few white dots appear, than a whole army. Being terrified but it turns out they are just a bunch of low levels trying to live in there. Was amazing.

vizardsig-1.png