National Coming Out Day

Saru Inc

Ok, before you post, read the topic. It's not long, but if you don't read, then... I mean you won't really know what you're posting about.

Ok, so October 11th celebrates cleaning your closet of secrets, along with a guy who is more famous than he should be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coming_Out_Day

The link doesn't really say anything, since it's like 3 paragraphs... It's just proof I guess that I'm not lying? Idk. This forum sure loves it's links. Anyways,

This thread is not about the discussion of coming out, having pointless holidays, where the euphanism came out, or why doesn't *my* school give us Monday off.

It's about whether or not you think sexuality should be a factor of your life. I'm not merging this with the is Homosexuality right or wrong thread, because it applies to all spectrum of the sexual attributes thingie.(Forgot the exact word I wanted to use... :D ) Is there a need to come out? Shouldn't you just be out? Should you tell anyone? Is sexuality important to you? Why? Why not? Does sexuality play a big factor in your life? Are you usually timid about the subject, or are you "expressive?" Do you revere it? Trash it? Should you be ashamed of being different from anyone else? If not that, do you feel awkward if your the sexual identity minority in the group?

Discuss.

And while I don't find it necessary to post, please, keep it PG for our younger posters.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

None of these questions apply to me, but I would like to know how you felt when you came out to friends, etc. How you felt throughout the whole situation, basically. I mean, I know your family thinks your a heathen, whatever. So everything besides that basically.

wat. How do those questions not apply to you? Maybe I should rephrase them.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

OK, OK, OK.I admit it. I'm straight. I'm sorry bonkers.

:thumbup: This thread can stay open, I think.

fml.

i totally just bought like, 30,000 business cards

"Saru Inc, a Shiny Corporation"

but now that we ain't an item... We certainly can't be printed on an item either... ummm... There's always Bows I guess. But sometimes he be messing with his bows and arrows too much, I do not like going apple buying with him.

Like ballerplaya said, sexuality is just part of your personality. It shouldn't dominate your life, nor should you ignore it. You shouldn't be ashamed to be different. Rather, you should be ashamed to not be different at all.

I treat sexuality as a joke for two reasons. The first is that pretending to be homosexual or bringing it up is a great way to troll. The second is that where I live homosexuality isn't a huge issue. People know I'm straight, so I can joke about it. It's like making a joke about how you're really black when you're actually a stereotypical white guy.

No person ever made money soley by beinging straight/gay/whatever. So its pretty useless, really.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No person ever made money soley by beinging straight/gay/whatever. So its pretty useless, really.

I beg to differ. I don't have any statistical links to back me up, but I know there has been surveys that have shown a correlation between income and sexuality/gender/ethnic origin. Like how skinny people average more money than Obese people, pretty sure it would apply to sexuality too if you're really open about it

I beg to differ. I don't have any statistical links to back me up, but I know there has been surveys that have shown a correlation between income and sexuality/gender/ethnic origin. Like how skinny people average more money than Obese people, pretty sure it would apply to sexuality too if you're really open about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberace

You guys just love to make arguments, don't you. Just [bleep]ing love it.

That guy made money because he was a pianist, an actor, and whatever else he was. I'm talking about, sitting on a couch, being gay, do you make money?

No.

Playing the piano, makes money? Yes.

But no ones going to give you a check because you're gay or straight. They'll give you money for the work you do.

I will though agree with sexual orientation discrimination, but, they shouldn't be talking about it in work.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberace

You guys just love to make arguments, don't you. Just [bleep]ing love it.

That guy made money because he was a pianist, an actor, and whatever else he was. I'm talking about, sitting on a couch, being gay, do you make money?

No.

Playing the piano, makes money? Yes.

But no ones going to give you a check because you're gay or straight. They'll give you money for the work you do.

I will though agree with sexual orientation discrimination, but, they shouldn't be talking about it in work.

I love debating :) Err more like nails in the eyes i'm right you're wrong...

But yes, actually. It's called LGBT scholarships.

Is there a need to come out? Shouldn't you just be out? Should you tell anyone?

I think some people emphasize coming out just for the sake of it... or for the sake of being honest about who you are. But I think you should do whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If coming out will take a huge weight off your chest and living openly and honestly will make you feel better about yourself, then go for it. But for some people, coming out could be a huge burden, especially in societies where homosexuality isn't understood or accepted. Sometimes the stress of coming out and the attention you would receive can make you feel worse about yourself than hiding the fact.

So rather than coming out just for the sake of doing so, I think people should do it if that's what feels right to them. But in the end, I do think everyone should, it's just a matter of waiting until you're ready. While keeping something like that may not be a huge deal for a few years, I would be an ENORMOUS deal for a lifetime. I think going your whole life hiding your sexuality would put a constant strain on you.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Not to trivialise this, but how many of these official days are needed? There seem to be one for almost everything.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Not to trivialise this, but how many of these official days are needed? There seem to be one for almost everything.

Well, there are lots of different types of things in the world. And seeing as there are 365 days in a year, and trillions of everything in the world, I'd say we have barely anything.

Is sexuality important to you? Why? Why not? Does sexuality play a big factor in your life? Are you usually timid about the subject, or are you "expressive?"

Sex is one of the best things life has to offer so it is pretty important to me. My girlfriend is a huge part of my life and she's hot so you could almost even say my life revolves around my heterosexuality. I'm not really expressive about my sexuality but I do enjoy bragging about how hot my girlfriend is (10/10).

I'd say we have barely anything.

Still too much. Maybe if Pirate Day died I would be more understanding, but anything with "Day" after it just naturally gets shunned by me.

Is sexuality important to you? Why? Why not? Does sexuality play a big factor in your life? Are you usually timid about the subject, or are you "expressive?"

Sex is one of the best things life has to offer so it is pretty important to me. My girlfriend is a huge part of my life and she's hot so you could almost even say my life revolves around my heterosexuality. I'm not really expressive about my sexuality but I do enjoy bragging about how hot my girlfriend is (10/10).

I'd say we have barely anything.

Still too much. Maybe if Pirate Day died I would be more understanding, but anything with "Day" after it just naturally gets shunned by me.

Good man.

I mean to be honest, I don't think a national coming out day is needed... at all. When I saw it I was like "whats the point... honestly...?" I just used that as a topic, becuase I know many people who while in tune with their sexuality, kind of keep it behind closed doors. While others flaunt it in front of everyone, and I wanted to know what it was like with you guys.

I mean to be honest, I don't think a national coming out day is needed... at all. When I saw it I was like "whats the point... honestly...?" I just used that as a topic, becuase I know many people who while in tune with their sexuality, kind of keep it behind closed doors. While others flaunt it in front of everyone, and I wanted to know what it was like with you guys.

I know you didn't want to discuss the day itself, but I must say I find it a bit silly. The whole point of coming out is that a homosexual should do it in a time and place that they feel comfortable, so setting up a specific day for it is just dumb.

Yea. And if anyone actually comes out tomorrow, everyone will be convinced that they just did it cuz they thought they should. I honestly HATE entitled people, and homos can be the most flippin entitled people on the planet.

Except it's not just about having people come out on that specific day. As far as I can see (I don't really follow the HRC) it's more about having more stable GLBT's reach out to the less experienced, etc., and show a little visibility. I don't know about your specific case, but I know that seeing other "normal" gay people would have helped me as a kid back in Catholic Costa Rica.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Except it's not just about having people come out on that specific day. As far as I can see (I don't really follow the HRC) it's more about having more stable GLBT's reach out to the less experienced, etc., and show a little visibility. I don't know about your specific case, but I know that seeing other "normal" gay people would have helped me as a kid back in Catholic Costa Rica.

And I completely agree, however I am becoming dismayed at how again, privileged and entitled the homosexual community is becoming. And they're so self destructive, if you go on (not sure if you do) any predominantly gay forums, you will usually see a lot of just topics "hate fems" "why are _______ so _________ [bleep]ing ruining our image" etc. etc. etc. It's really bizarre. I think just a national gay day :D would do so much better for the cause, just because... It's a turning point in a man, or woman's life, but so is college, so is marriage, etc.etc. etc. where are those days? I don't think people will respect the GLBT community much if they just keep on becoming more, and more.... Ahhh. Can't even think of the word. [bleep]y.

And I completely agree, however I am becoming dismayed at how again, privileged and entitled the homosexual community is becoming. And they're so self destructive, if you go on (not sure if you do) any predominantly gay forums, you will usually see a lot of just topics "hate fems" "why are _______ so _________ [bleep]ing ruining our image" etc. etc. etc. It's really bizarre. I think just a national gay day :D would do so much better for the cause, just because... It's a turning point in a man, or woman's life, but so is college, so is marriage, etc.etc. etc. where are those days? I don't think people will respect the GLBT community much if they just keep on becoming more, and more.... Ahhh. Can't even think of the word. [bleep]y.

Flamboyant.