Korasi's Sword: is it Balanced?

TheAncient

Is Korasi's sword balanced?

With near if not actual 100% accuracy and high hits, is it a reasonable reward for a relatively low-level grandmaster quest?

Does it destroy certain elements of PvP for you?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With dragons claws already around, it's say no. The max hit is lower, and so i'm guessing is the potential for a KO(only one spec in a row). The only way i can see the spec being overpowered is when you consider claws+KS+vigour for KS+claw spec in a row, but that's quite extreme.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

With dragons claws already around, it's say no. The max hit is lower, and so i'm guessing is the potential for a KO(only one spec in a row). The only way i can see the spec being overpowered is when you consider claws+KS+vigour for KS+claw spec in a row, but that's quite extreme.

Dragon Claws -> Korasi rushing might be overpowered, if Protect from melee doesn't affect the special of Korasi sword. Could down Dhers too, I guess

It's good fun at tds if you can spec over 300 with ease, as you can then continue meleeing (saves a helmet switch if using void). Other than that I think it has a (far) lower max, but higher accuracy than claws, and requires 78 atk/str to obtain. I think it's only useful for chaotic pures because of that level, and it protects over chaotic weapons. In safe pvp, the spec would change stuff I suppose.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

i don't really pvp, so i can't say anything about its effects there

however in pvm, i'd hardly call it game breaking. claws average higher, so really the only circumstances where you would use it is if you don't want to risk a 30m pair of claws

How does the spec work in clanwars? Does it hit 3 opponents? If it does, its a nice way to open up the fight and decimate some of your opponents :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

How does the spec work in clanwars? Does it hit 3 opponents? If it does, its a nice way to open up the fight and decimate some of your opponents :D

What it does it hit one opponent at full damage, call it x. The second opponent gets hit for x/2. A third gets hit for x/4.

Hey there lil' Timmy I'm gunna' contribute some Algebra2 into your silly little Thread for ya', mkey?

D2H + Whip = Your weakass little GrandMaster'dEd Sword.

The only good part of this Sword is it's Special.

All else fails.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Wait its initial hit lowers if it is in multi? sad

Well, the initial damage it does to your first opponent doesn't, but to the second and third, yes.

It's like claws.

Hey there lil' Timmy I'm gunna' contribute some Algebra2 into your silly little Thread for ya', mkey?

All else fails.

Just being wrong isn't considered an effective method of trolling.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

All else fails.

Well duh, the spec is what people are talking about :rolleyes:

And why would you even mention the D2h, that sword is, and has always been, crap....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

All else fails.

DUDE NO WAY

Good analogy, though.

clansig7.gif

I used to have this idea that the d2h might be a good spec weapon for multi tasks. It wasn't. :P I'd like to try Korasi's sword in the same scenarios. I think that'd be fun.

As far as balancing, it's hard to say. It's super easy to get, which I think is a problem. I don't really know how dangerous it is, but I read on another thread that it's the bane of Dharokers in pvp.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I used to have this idea that the d2h might be a good spec weapon for multi tasks. It wasn't. :P I'd like to try Korasi's sword in the same scenarios. I think that'd be fun.

As far as balancing, it's hard to say. It's super easy to get, which I think is a problem. I don't really know how dangerous it is, but I read on another thread that it's the bane of Dharokers in pvp.

I said the part about Dharokers, but I haven't actually tested it. It just makes sense! ;)

I think it's rather okay for how it is now, or actually, if they made it degrade or cost something to use the special, it probably wouldn't be worth it!

To be honest, they should have made it a drop from a new boss monster in the chamber there with the giant turtle after the quest.

2dgucz6.png

Guest tip3074

Single combat spec hits very hard. I have hit up to 58. But the multi combat spec hits around 20-30, and then second spec will be half that, and third spec half of second spec. So it's balanced.

That's true. It's balanced for sure.

it basically kills you in 1v1... 100% of the time...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top