Dungeoneering shouldn't be a skill

iiLy

I agree that Dungeonerring shouldn't be a skill since it deviates from the other skills and lacks specific uses besides accessing hidden dungeons

and wielding chaotic weapons but do we really need dungeonerring for that? I can imagine requiring a slayer level to wield particular weapons but dungeonerring

should only be for activities relating to Daemonheim so it would make more sense to make it a minigame.

dungeoneering is the only true skill in runescape

its the only skill that you actualy improve at yourself, not just gain xp

from 1 cookin to 99 cooking do you realy get any better at cooking? no u just decided to afk for 3 days

from 1 dung to 70 dung to 120 dung, theres monumental differances in your actual dung abliitys, you go from not knowing what the hell is going on, to taking 2 hours, till eventualy by 120 you can do larges in under 20 minutes and barely get touched by monsters

lvling dungeoneering doesnt make you better in the rest of rs, but leveling dungeoneering makes you better at dungeoneering, thats how a skill should be...you actualy improve...not get a differant number by the skill icon

a_final_name.png

try powerslaying and tell me you don't get better at it the more you do it.

other examples: construction and drop fishing or backwards making.

you do get better, but you can master powerslaying in 100 tasks....definately not as an extreme example as dung

a_final_name.png

it was better to begin with I think, the OP just edited his first post since he didn't originally realize the subject was a few months old, since he hasn't played in a year.

Shady, always the cream of the troll :thumbup: (you make things fun though, so don't stop)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Ask yourselves this: Would it be weird if strength wasn't a skill? or woodcutting? Now what about dungeoneering?

There's a few things in it that shares relevance as a skill (leet rewards from grinding... XP.. etc.) but a few things don't (it is it's own game, alas, the minigame label it gets... training it takes place in ONE area.. although this can be fixed later- I remember reading once about someone saying there should be dungeoneering at the elf city, cloud dungeons or such that go up into the sky. Very cool).

All dungeoneering is are instanced dungeons that you cannot even loot directly from..

Think about it- As with Jagex's million other mini-games, XP and levels could been replaced with a scaled system of "ranks", "points", "tickets", whatever arbitrary token it may be. The leet rewards are actually already obtained through a point system.

Personally, in it's current state, minus the areas you can go to now (which really are similar rewards as from agility, thieving, etc. just on a larger scale), I would of more so respected the decision for Jagex to make it a super end-game mini-game. This is because something within me is upset it is gonna be year(s) until the next "real" skill comes.

Don't get me wrong- it's brilliantly executed. I'm just let down it took the place of a skill.

The last mini-game I needed was Castle Wars. I know I'm not like everyone, a lot of people like mini-games. But the minigame thing definitely has diminishing returns of satisfaction for everyone as the game gets more and more saturated with them.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Ask yourselves this: Would it be weird if strength wasn't a skill? or woodcutting? Now what about dungeoneering?

There's a few things in it that shares relevance as a skill (leet rewards from grinding... XP.. etc.) but a few things don't (it is it's own game, alas, the minigame label it gets... training it takes place in ONE area.. although this can be fixed later- I remember reading once about someone saying there should be dungeoneering at the elf city, cloud dungeons or such that go up into the sky. Very cool).

All dungeoneering is are instanced dungeons that you cannot even loot directly from..

Think about it- As with Jagex's million other mini-games, XP and levels could been replaced with a scaled system of "ranks", "points", "tickets", whatever arbitrary token it may be. The leet rewards are actually already obtained through a point system.

Personally, in it's current state, minus the areas you can go to now (which really are similar rewards as from agility, thieving, etc. just on a larger scale), I would of more so respected the decision for Jagex to make it a super end-game mini-game. This is because something within me is upset it is gonna be year(s) until the next "real" skill comes.

Don't get me wrong- it's brilliantly executed. I'm just let down it took the place of a skill.

The last mini-game I needed was Castle Wars. I know I'm not like everyone, and this all just opinion. But the minigame thing definitely has diminishing returns of satisfaction for everyone as the game gets more and more saturated with them.

There's definitely an oversaturation problem with activities in Runescape. I actually think that's one of Runescape's biggest problems (for a player who wants to have fun playing activities). It's impossible to have 20 really well executed, fun, balanced minigames. I think they need to cut what doesn't work and focus on making the minigames as good as possible (Dungeoneering would be a good example of an extremely high quality minigame).

To the mod who deleted my post:

Continue to appease the 12 year old masses who think they can call people trolls when they don't know what the definition of a troll is. I'll continue to call out what I see, at the expense of "being nice".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The last mini-game I needed was Castle Wars. I know I'm not like everyone, and this all just opinion. But the minigame thing definitely has diminishing returns of satisfaction for everyone as the game gets more and more saturated with them.

There's definitely an oversaturation problem with activities in Runescape. I actually think that's one of Runescape's biggest problems (for a player who wants to have fun playing activities). It's impossible to have 20 really well executed, fun, balanced minigames. I think they need to cut what doesn't work and focus on making the minigames as good as possible (Dungeoneering would be a good example of an extremely high quality minigame).

Continue to appease the 12 year old masses who think they can call people trolls when they don't know what the definition of a troll is.

Ye, you are definitely a troll. I can stand a dissenting opinion. Trolls are another story.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Continue to appease the 12 year old masses who think they can call people trolls when they don't know what the definition of a troll is.

Ye, you are definitely a troll. I can stand a dissenting opinion. Trolls are another story.

I'm a troll because I disagree with 12 year olds with bad opinions? Sorry, take a look at my post history, I've had plenty of mature discussion with those worthy of intelligent discussion. One example is in your very quote.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Locking this thread since the first post has been edited out and a large portion of the replies are spam anyway. If someone wants to create a new thread to discuss the original topic, they are welcome to do so.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog