Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Middle

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Earth Poet
For some reason, you reminded me of that old Alice Cooper song:

Personally, I've felt the variety in the game has a pyramid effect, with fewer options for higher level content. Jagex has been addressing this issue much more in the last couple of years though, so maybe you are right. For a long while, I was struggling to make money as well. At some point, you start developing a pattern to make money, you FINALLY get that high-end drop you were waiting for, or you just wind up in the right place at the right time (such as holding an item that sharply increases during an update).

As far as the gaps are concerned, they only get wider and wider as you progress.
Posted Image

Mr_Muto
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Muto

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mr Muto
  • RSN '07:Mr Muto
  • Clan:Libra
I still feel like I'm in that middle area, it's like by the time I finish one thing I'm stuck grinding for the next thing. 95% of the time I enjoy it though, so I guess all is good.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Wingless
[ Display Name History ]

Wingless

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Nephilim

A giant puberty analogy, I get it.

If you have nothing to say that would contribute to the topic, then don't post anything. You made yourself look [developmentally delayed]ed.

OT: I've never really noticed it - although I do remember quitting for a certain time between 85-95 because I felt that RS became to hard. So... that was probably it. An interesting topic :thumbup:

Posted Image

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Luckily, with dragon bones as expensive as they are nowadays, this is MUCH less of an issue than it was when some of us were mid level. I used to fletch and alch yew longs for 50gp profit a bow when I was a youngin.

I remember the good 'ol days of w132 Yanille bank, selling yew longs to make my first mill at around lvl 90. Ahh, good times.

I smelted steel bars, had a perm buyer and supplier for the ores /nostalgia.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
I'm probably in the middle right now. I have to agree, these "middle" levels are probably the toughest part of leveling and making money. I've rced for ~2 hours and only used up about 2k-ish essence, for ~10k exp =\

But when I get into the high levels, I know that there will be more benefits (more profit, dungeoneering). Don't even get me started on combat skills.

Perhaps when I get p2p everything will be a breeze for me since I prepared so much in f2p :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Riemis
  • RSN2:Wow a 2
  • Clan:RSR
I'm in the 80-100 period right now, and I've been in it for a looooong time. You summed it up perfectly :)

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

I'm probably in the middle right now. I have to agree, these "middle" levels are probably the toughest part of leveling and making money. I've rced for ~2 hours and only used up about 2k-ish essence, for ~10k exp =\

But when I get into the high levels, I know that there will be more benefits (more profit, dungeoneering). Don't even get me started on combat skills.

Perhaps when I get p2p everything will be a breeze for me since I prepared so much in f2p :thumbsup:

You're gonna read a bunch of guides saying how monkey madness/ desert treasure is very hard, but it's gonna be the easiest quests you do :razz:

Staurolite.png

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RSN:Pere Grin
I remember playing during the 80-100 period. Things seemed to take forever. One strength level was 250k xp, sooooo much at the time. Now, when I get within 250k from a level, I feel close to leveling. I remember after I hit about 115 combat, things really took off and i basically blitzed through to lvl 130.

I think that once you hit level 120 or so, you feel more committed to the game, like you have to finish your character off. So you play more, and you level much faster. By level 120, you also know lots more about how to do things, so you don't camp chaos druids for xp and money anymore.

Really, my combat level took off when I started slaying. I found that I liked it, and I wanted to unlock Kuradel. By the time I hit 75 slayer, I was hooked. And then I really started gaining combat levels.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,468 posts

You're gonna read a bunch of guides saying how monkey madness/ desert treasure is very hard, but it's gonna be the easiest quests you do :razz:

once upon a time it was hard.

The reason its easy is because of all the new updates, and because the once hard lvls to get are extremely common place (im ranked in the top 500k in strength again since then...only 30-40 level increase on that rank, also prayer is much easier now too)

Oh and no home port, you forget your anti poison you die, on top of that no grave so if you died you lost something. And 1 click teles were rare if non existant so 3 inventory spaces there are gone + anti poison, plus prayer potions and food costed much more (in comparison to ge value) back then, then now.

once upon a time legends quest had tougher requirements then WGS for its audience when it was made.

And combat was so much harder to lvl back then, there werent these 150k an hour training spots, there wasnt soul wars or pc or any of that. [/rant]

Very off topic though

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Game was different when I was those levels so I never had that experience.
My combat level slowly evolved as I tried to get 85 slayer as alot of people did back then.
After I got 85 then pest control came out and the rest was easy.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Bini
[ Display Name History ]

Bini

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 561 posts
  • RSN:Eminem777
  • Clan:TFS
80 - 100? I went very fast from 76 to 100. Piece of cake. Until i got 100.

I started slaying at around 80 combat, so I never experienced that. For me, it was hardest from 100-130 because I wanted to get to higher levels so badly, but there's a massive difference between 100 and 130+. I didn't feel like a high level player till 135, actually.

Same. I'm 103 and trying to get 120+ (f2p). It's harder but I don't feel stuck, I'm progressing pretty well unlike how it's going for me with the Mining skill. :-w
Yes, I have a high Mining level but that doesn't mean I progress fast. :P

CharlieBrown
[ Display Name History ]

CharlieBrown

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • RSN:CharlieBrown

i never really noticed anything like that.

was too busy having fun killing stuff to notice if i was a noob or needed to grind moar.

String babe, you still are a noob :).

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Racer434
[ Display Name History ]

Racer434

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Hegiran
  • RSN2:sirfights5

Agreed those were a breeze with 80ish range. The hardest quests are probably scarab quests imo or barellchest anchor boss. He kinda scared me with a couple 300ish hits

The real annoying thing for me is that I want to get my range and mage to 99 already and I don't have the money or patience to do anything besides slay and quest. Also a good addition would be prayer and herblaw but those are pretty much crazy expensive for everyone.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

manitstinks
[ Display Name History ]

manitstinks

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:manitstinks
Around level 110 was so frustrating. I thought I was so pro but the higher levels shunned me. I had no 99s but thought i was still decent lol.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Trollface
[ Display Name History ]

Trollface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:RandallFlagg
  • Clan:DGS
I began slaying at 75 combat all the way up to 130. From then on I only bothered to train summoning and prayer. The 130s/late 120s are the hardest, because you're pressured to have the best equipments and skills (94 magic, 95 prayer, 96 summoning and herblore) You're constantly at bosses trying to get more. Even then, there's still better armor to get that requires more time invested (divine, etc). Finally, when you get everything, you can run around killing random people in pvp worlds with a VLS or some other overpowered weapon.

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly
Only quest I EVER had any sort of problem with, difficulty-wise, was MEP II.

I did it without a guide so it was sorta rough. Beat Nomad my second real try, only lost the first time because my ruby (e) didn't activate once.

I piety the fool.

jsboutin2
[ Display Name History ]

jsboutin2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 768 posts

I still feel like I'm in that awkward area, and I'm level 115

123 and the same thing, here.

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
i was 73-100 cb in the whole 10th grade then 11th grade i got 134 cb lol.....then mid12th grade lvl 138

but ithink thiers a point at 138 were u have to decide if your maxing total or not...2228 total/2376 was pretty midlevelish to me as u realize its so much more time req for the totle lvl portion of your account..

effigies kinda changed it.

then thiers 120 dg >.> lol 2475 total still has that 2496 to shoot for...

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
i was 73-100 cb in the whole 10th grade then 11th grade i got 134 cb lol.....then mid12th grade lvl 138

but ithink thiers a point at 138 were u have to decide if your maxing total or not...2228 total/2376 was pretty midlevelish to me as u realize its so much more time req for the totle lvl portion of your account..

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,468 posts

yes i suppose lvl 92 in every skill is exactly half way to maxing out.

However the difference being is the last half is much easier then the first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users