1 Def Pure in F2P

Sinkhan

I've been working on an account for a little while and was wondering how viable a 1 def pure is in F2P.

Stats are currently:

40 atk

52 str

43 ranged

1 def

50 mage

13 pray (I got this for lummy ring and for 10% str pray, don't tell me I should start over because of this)

Goals are probably 45 atk, 70+ str, 60+ ranged, and 85 mage for teleblock if it's necessary.

Do 1 def pures do well in F2P PVP? I'm assuming I would range 2h with this guy. I was also considering raising his def to ten to open up a few more training options because the only things I can see worth training on at the moment are minotaurs :/

Moved this, hoping you'll get more answers of players experienced in PvP.

As for Defence, don't raise it.

1 or 10 defense barely makes any difference but the combat levels.

When ranging, you don't wear black anyways, the best you can take is a hardleather body, which is useless or a black chainbody, which is pretty expensive for its stats and again, not that much better.

And for Range-2h, 60 ranged is too low with 70 strength. Certainly with 85 Magic as you'll be magic based. You'll have a higher combat but will be using inferior stats. Personally, I think Ranged should be either the same as Strength or higher.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

start over tbh :P those stats take 2 days to get and prayer is a [bleep] in f2p unless you are 31 so u can use monastery. Else you have to suicide after every fight in edge, and how fun is that?

High ranged is very good in f2p, and it should be higher or same as your strength at least. Consider getting a gravite 2hander, it is a very good weapon for pvp. Defence is either 1 or 30+ imo, anything between that doesnt protect well enough. I am at the moment using a 30 defence pker with g2h, and it is very good actually. But I am also creating a new account, that will be 1 defence with g2h and I think it will be great fun pking on! The 85 magic for teleblock is very useful if you multi pk a lot, but then you should have 80+ ranged too. Ive had loads of 1 defence pures in f2p, and it is great fun pking on them :)

lurifax.png

I really don't want to start the account over and the prayer is still useful for the 10% strength as I've heard/seen.

I also don't have much xp with actual pking. Would it be better to just wing it when I think my stats are adequate or practice somewhere safe like the DA?

As for the g2h, isn't dung a pain with only 1 def? I thought you pretty much had to skill at that point.

Quite easy, really.

I'm 65 Dungeoneering with 1 Defence and mainly trained it at 55 Combat with ranged as my primary combat skill.

Prayer doors are the only big problem. I had to restart several times because of them. But it's better than gaining a prayer level imo.

Furthermore, practice is key and all bosses of themes one and two shouldn't be a problem at all.

Of theme three, only the Ranger-one should be a problem (atleast for me). Others can be ranged or maged (if you have 59+ magic).

Another problem is finding a team if you want to play in team. You combat is too high for being a skiller (and a lot of pkers don't have good non-cb skills) and it's too low to be a fighter.

Being lucky is important here and being able to show that you aren't entirely useless.

And pking experience: Get it in real PvP. When you die, what do you lose? 50k in a protect world?

Well aside from 49 smithing for all fractite equipment, 65 rc for deaths (I'll probably just get 54 for laws though. Rcing in F2P is just awful <_< ), and then maybe cooking and FM for making food, what other skills would I need?

As for making money, I'll do something silly like smith gold amulets or train on Al-kharid guards and sell bones. There really aren't too many ways to make money in F2P :unsure:

Mining. Runecrafting. Perfect money-makers for F2P.

Gold Amulets, very changing. Gold Necklaces sell for 135 minimum in the shop in Port Sarim, so are a safer option. But not fast money.

Runecrafting! And Fishing aswell. It doesn't require much attention.

Mining. Runecrafting. Perfect money-makers for F2P.

Gold Amulets, very changing. Gold Necklaces sell for 135 minimum in the shop in Port Sarim, so are a safer option. But not fast money.

Runecrafting! And Fishing aswell. It doesn't require much attention.

Well I was under the impression that rcing in F2P wasn't very profitable either. Most methods I researched weren't much more than 100k. Same goes for lobby fishing. But maybe I'll look at some more guides to make sure before I totally rule it out.

And another thing, where would be some other good training options? Minotaurs are starting to bore me and a change of scenery would be nice :/

Well I meant 100k an hour.

Iron arrows minos are a pretty steady income, but it would be nice to have alternatives just so I don't have to look at the same minotaurs all the time. Maybe dark wizards outside varrock?

Well I meant 100k an hour.

I believe with 50 Runecrafting and playing the Great Orb Project, you can make 150k - 200k an hour via Water Talismans. I'm creating a pure (though it's also my main account) currently and training Mining really adds up. From 41 - 60 mining I made around 1.5m; good starting capital for whatever you want to do, and there's always the options to raise it to 70/85 if you're a nutter :3

• 2 months later...

101106161508.png

This is one of my pures, He does really well and I can't wait until i can use gravite. I've mostly quit though, If this new wildy thing comes back theres a good chance ill get gravite and be pking again. Hes 63 combat btw :D

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P