Mcdonalds burgers

The_Gabe

I don't eat McDonald's, mainly because it caused me a weight problem as a kid. On the other hand, I imagine that french fries, as opposed to chips you find in a fish and chip shop, don't break down in air because of the much higher concentration of salt to mass volume. Any water that's present in the fries becomes saturated in the salt, and bacteria/fungi can't use it to reproduce. I can't explain the burgers though, I guess it depends on how they were stored?

Fries don't hold a lot of appeal to me, they just seem like an attempt to get as much seasoning, fat, and salt on as little potato as possible. It's the inside (unleash your inner potato) that's the best part, which is why we in the UK use larger cuts for fish and chips.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmmm, ice cream

tumblr_l9hc319GNU1qar86bo1_500.jpg

I really don't want to know what goes into making that... o_O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat

Some of this stuff goes on your dollar menu burgers. Enjoy

Congratulations, you've just put me off fast food.

And hot dogs as well?

Anyway, to those saying that they try to stuff as much fat and stuff as possible in the potatoes, it's very untrue. In fact, when I visited one of their plants when I was taking a course from college that I later dropped out from, I've seen it from the potato to the cooked fry. The only thing the do that changes the potato, after cutting it in fries, they change the potato starch to one that's better for the health, meaning it's less fat, but that also makes the artificial taste in those fries. It was a McCain plant making fries especially for McDonald's somewhere in the states, although the plant is in Canada.

Mmmmmmm, ice cream

http://en.wikipedia...._separated_meat

And hot dogs as well?

Anyway, to those saying that they try to stuff as much fat and stuff as possible in the potatoes, it's very untrue. In fact, when I visited one of their plants when I was taking a course from college that I later dropped out from, I've seen it from the potato to the cooked fry. The only thing the do that changes the potato, after cutting it in fries, they change the potato starch to one that's better for the health, meaning it's less fat, but that also makes the artificial taste in those fries. It was a McCain plant making fries especially for McDonald's somewhere in the states, although the plant is in Canada.

But completely logically speaking, if you use smaller cuts, then you've got much more surface area per unit volume of potato, or maybe just per potato. You can therefore get more fat, seasoning, and salt on (not in!) less actual potato without it falling off. It's just cheaper and unhealthier.

EDIT: Also, I'm still trying to work out the logic of putting something that's partially liquid in a plain cardboard box container. Won't it leak out of the sides or soak into the cardboard? And why is there more 'ice cream' going into that box than it looks like it could ever possibly hold? There's so many things that are wrong with that picture.huh.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

McDonald's is good once every 4-5 months.

Any more than that is overkill.

It's a good thing my dorm is far away from one. Otherwise...

Otherwise you'd turn white and look like the kid in your sig

Mmmmmmm, ice cream

And hot dogs as well?

But completely logically speaking, if you use smaller cuts, then you've got much more surface area per unit volume of potato, or maybe just per potato. You can therefore get more fat, seasoning, and salt on (not in!) less actual potato without it falling off. It's just cheaper and unhealthier.

EDIT: Also, I'm still trying to work out the logic of putting something that's partially liquid in a plain cardboard box container. Won't it leak out of the sides or soak into the cardboard? And why is there more 'ice cream' going into that box than it looks like it could ever possibly hold? There's so many things that are wrong with that picture.huh.gif

I agree with you for the fries though. Putting on and not in :P.

As for putting that processed meat like that in the box, it will all fit in the box after it rests and that the box is closed after a few hours. And yes, there's going to be blood leaking from those boxes, and I know that, since I've worked in the meat dept of a few grocery stores and even having a plastic bag between the meat and the box doesn't stop the blood from leaking, w/e's in the box if it's unpackaged.

Our shakes are cheap. It costs roughly 80 cents in raw products to make a large shake. We sell large shakes for 2 dollars more. I never liked McDonald's products anyways. They went away from pleasing the customer to a new goal of making money. Products are not as good as they were 15 years ago when I used to get happy meals when I was 5. Everything was fresh and people wanted to work there for fun, not just a pay check.

[hide=lol]

After seeing 2 girls one cup, I will never consume a chocolate shake at McDonald's, because it brings back bad memories

[/hide]

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

[hide]

Mmmmmmm, ice cream

And hot dogs as well?

[/hide]

I agree with you for the fries though. Putting on and not in :P.

As for putting that processed meat like that in the box, it will all fit in the box after it rests and that the box is closed after a few hours. And yes, there's going to be blood leaking from those boxes, and I know that, since I've worked in the meat dept of a few grocery stores and even having a plastic bag between the meat and the box doesn't stop the blood from leaking, w/e's in the box if it's unpackaged.

Glad we agree about the fries. tongue.gif

Won't you get health inspectors all over your proverbial arse if you do that? Surely there's a way to keep it contained. I don't mind blood, after all I like my steaks medium-rare, but it just seems like a stupid way of doing things. It's almost as if they want people to find out and go 'eew' and never eat at McDonalds again.

EDIT: Think I'll hide the vast quote pyramid that's developed here.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think I'ma go get a bigmac, I kid you not. This topic makes me want to eat Mcdonalds.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I think I'ma go get a bigmac, I kid you not. This topic makes me want to eat Mcdonalds.

Same here, I went to mcDonald's yesterday lol.

At least have some self dignity

Go to Burger king :twss:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Tomorrow: Big Macs and Four Lokos.

Can I wait? I THINK NOT.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I went to McDonalds for the first time in a few years: the burgers still look only vaguely food-like to me, so I went with the salad: it was tiny for about $6, and for some reason, there was bacon along with chicken in it.

On an interesting note, I remember reading that the "health salads" added to their menu were just a clever ploy: very few people actually attended a MacDonalds and purchase a salad instead of a burger - what it did was lure in people who normally wouldn't have eaten there: such as myself.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Curses! Those devilish scoundrels, attempting to make a living by selling food that many people think tastes good! The bastards!

Dirty capitalists.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Mmmmmmm, ice cream

I actually thought that was ice cream for a second. Disgusting.

I haven't had McDonald's in over a year.

Mmmmmmm, ice cream

I actually thought that was ice cream for a second. Disgusting.

I haven't had McDonald's in over a year.

Same... That isn't meat to be put simpley.

Tomorrow: Big Macs and Four Lokos.

Can I wait? I THINK NOT.

Give us a call when you get to Paradise so we know you made it all right.

I wasn't ready for the trip to paradise. So instead:

cfa-chicken-strips-salad.jpg

anddd a red bull.

Yea. I couldn't stomach mcdonalds to be honest. Why? THe person making the food was sweating like it was going out of style. So I walked out and went to chick fil a, where they ran out of chicken patties... :XD:

I never understood the movie Supersize Me anyway. It is clear the food is not the healthiest choice and of course eating it for a month will make your terribly ill. Do they want all restaurants to be healthy food? They'll go all out of business, damn.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg