What is your definition of a noob???

eastonj7

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, the term "noob" if used, truely, signifies a "noob". It is like someone stated earlierm the equivalent of a grown, mature (or maybe not mature) adult calling another adult a "doodoo head". It is essentially, purely childish and completely useless as a self-esteem negator.

http://Loving_Brah.png

I always see people call each other noobs and it gets kind of annoying. Actually i call people noobs too so i'm not perfect. We all have different reasons for calling someone a noob and i would like to know what your reasons are. For those of you who somehow don't know that in runescape we call new players noobs. If you didn't know that get out of this forum and go play WOW>

WOOT MY THIRD POST

I'm such a noob at the tip.it forums..........

1. Grammar

2. Exclamating

3. Too many periods

4. Unaware of stuff

5. Asks for favours on a regular basis whilst they can get special help somewhere else, e.g. 76k tricking

6. Not capable of listening

And so on.

At this point, Noob = Runescape Player

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

I only say it to friends.. Strangers who are actually noobs I usually call idiot or [bleep]

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I always see people call each other noobs and it gets kind of annoying. Actually i call people noobs too so i'm not perfect. We all have different reasons for calling someone a noob and i would like to know what your reasons are. For those of you who somehow don't know that in runescape we call new players noobs. If you didn't know that get out of this forum and go play WOW>

WOOT MY THIRD POST

I'm such a noob at the tip.it forums..........

a noob= a person who starts the game new , or begs you to buy their junk or beggs for money, and all bots.

bigdog1470.png

My definition of noob is an annoying [wagon] player. A newb is a new player. A noub is something else entirely, as is a nuub...

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Newb/Newbie= a new player

Noob= anyone who is either, idiotic, annoying, a troll, or is inferior to you.

No lifer= someone worse than a noob, or is far more superior to you.

Simple concept, made into these few sentences. Of course there are more definitions, but this is the most logical definitions that can be defined in a few minutes.

• 1 month later...

Definition 1:

The Noob is a rather somewhat peculiar animal, who claims they have the power to 'trim' armour, when there is clearly no such thing.

Definition 2:

Noobs are funny little creatures that beg for cash and have bad grammar/English.

Definition 3:

Noobs are clumsy little goblins who troll on internet forums and insult others for things that don't matter the slightest teeny-weeny little bit...

Those, my friends, are my definitions of a noob :thumbsup:

archsupportei2.png

Guest jrhairychest

There are plenty of definitions of noob but there are better names for those who call people noobs. Usually the 'noob callers' are witless wonders with all the creativity of a dose of piles. If you really have to insult someone do it properly, although I admit mine are unprintable. :blink:

Definition 1:

The Noob is a rather somewhat peculiar animal, who claims they have the power to 'trim' armour, when there is clearly no such thing.

Definition 2:

Noobs are funny little creatures that beg for cash and have bad grammar/English.

Definition 3:

Noobs are clumsy little goblins who troll on internet forums and insult others for things that don't matter the slightest teeny-weeny little bit...

Those, my friends, are my definitions of a noob :thumbsup:

A noob is someone who necros a thread after 1 and a half months.icon_thumbsu.gif

Newb/Newbie= a new player

Noob= anyone who is either, idiotic, annoying, a troll, or is inferior to you.

No lifer= someone worse than a noob, or is far more superior to you.

Simple concept, made into these few sentences. Of course there are more definitions, but this is the most logical definitions that can be defined in a few minutes.

I agree other then the no lifer part.

If I have much higher stats then someone else, that makes me a no-lifer?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Newb - A new inexperienced player. For example Jimmy has ten hours in Runescape, he is a newb.

Noob - A player who should have experience but is a dolt. For Example Rhonda has played Runescape for 250 hours but can be found flirting and begging.

Generally speaking noob in terms of real life is like calling someone an idiot in real life.

Edit - No-Lifer is a term that people use to try and get under your skin. Like using the word nerd back in 1970.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Since the ability to turn off the filter has appeared, I don't call people noobs anymore. I just call them [developmentally delayed]s or sometimes idiots.

Noob is a new player to the game, sometimes they're annoying, because they ask alot of questions about the game. I don't know why doesn't Jagex just send them to the RuneScape wiki, before even playing the game. They'd save us alot of frustrations and also save noobs some precious hours. :-P

Terravir.png

Don't regret anything you do. Cause in the end, it makes you who you are.