Will Jagex nerf the Sling?

Undo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ SirIzenhime, these topics go on and on because they're free post count and easy as hell to troll. I really haven't figured this Undo fellow out. He posted as a girl for awhile then changes to a myspace photoshoot guy, now he is spamming the boards with all sorts of rare topics, ect. I have to say this topic is probably comparative to TheAncients informative comparison posts which actually are interesting. However, the sling to 99 range.... Who the hell would want to do such a thing.

Then the threads should be locked...shouldn't they?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

@ SirIzenhime, these topics go on and on because they're free post count and easy as hell to troll. I really haven't figured this Undo fellow out. He posted as a girl for awhile then changes to a myspace photoshoot guy, now he is spamming the boards with all sorts of rare topics, ect. I have to say this topic is probably comparative to TheAncients informative comparison posts which actually are interesting. However, the sling to 99 range.... Who the hell would want to do such a thing.

Then the threads should be locked...shouldn't they?

No one can be bothered reporting.

so instead they troll, possibly creating flame, 'cause that makes sense :rolleyes:

Welcome to tip.it. It's been this way for awhile now and it's only getting worse. Strict moderating such as when the moderators tackled the pictures thread would be beneficial to both the General Discussion board and the Help and Advice board.

Low_C.png

On topic... I think using the sling was intended for low levels to train up without having to worry about ammo. Not for people with a method of making 300k gp/hr who can afford better ammo/weaponry.

You thought I photoshopped myself?

It was actually done in my latest version of paint, tbh.

I'll take that as a compliment though, thanks sexy<3

OT:

It's meant for low-leveled F2Pers.

It's pretty much the best wep to use in F2P.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

On topic... I think using the sling was intended for low levels to train up without having to worry about ammo. Not for people with a method of making 300k gp/hr who can afford better ammo/weaponry.

You thought I photoshopped myself?

It was actually done in my latest version of paint, tbh.

I'll take that as a compliment though, thanks sexy<3

OT:

It's meant for low-leveled F2Pers.

It's pretty much the best wep to use in F2P.

Read his post next time, kiddo.

And no, it's not the best weapon to use in f2p, the maple short bow with adamant arrows does exponentially more dps than the sling and therefore saves a lot more time. Even using iron or bronze arrows would still be 10 times more effective.

And no, it's not the best weapon to use in f2p, the maple short bow with adamant arrows does exponentially more dps than the sling and therefore saves a lot more time. Even using iron or bronze arrows would still be 10 times more effective.

Although I do agree that the maple shortbow is far more accurate and has more dps, Kayle's sling can save you ~5m in bronze arrows if you're going for 99 in f2p.

Sure it might be around 4k exp per hour less than maple shortbow w/ bronze arrows, but the higher your range level or bonus, the difference gradually diminishes especially with 0 def monsters (flesh crawlers).

Still, the range of Kayle's sling is ridiculously short for a weapon. If you value time at ~100k per hour or more, then it's not worth using the sling because you make more money than you lose.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If you value time at ~100k per hour or more, then it's not worth using the sling because you make more money than you lose.

And it's very difficult to do less than that, even in f2p. I can easily do double that on my level 24 pure with 400 total.

Undo,

Go kill 100 men with iron knives and measure the xp/h and then repeat

and then kill another 100 men with iron knives and measure xp/h and then repeat.

Then post your results and we can have a proper discussion instead of a huge flame war.

Pls L2Read.

I said the Str Bonus comes close.

The speed also comes close.

Did I say they were exactly like Knives?

No, I did not.

Nor did he say they were exactly the same, just told you to conduct a test as to which would be better xp and by how much, allowing calculation rather than trolling to take place. Why did you flame one of the few constructive posts on your thread?

so instead they troll, possibly creating flame, 'cause that makes sense

It's far more interesting than the thread itself. Also, the thread could be locked, but he's still going to find something else stupid to post about.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Didn't someone figure him out? Then he disappeared for a couple months and now he's back :lol:

Anyways, why don't slings require ammo, last I checked slings had to fire pebbles or something.

Staurolite.png

Didn't someone figure him out? Then he disappeared for a couple months and now he's back :lol:

Anyways, why don't slings require ammo, last I checked slings had to fire pebbles or something.

Perhaps it's because you pick them up from the ground. It's similar to those skeletons in dungeoneering who toss skulls at you xD

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Undo,

Go kill 100 men with iron knives and measure the xp/h and then repeat

and then kill another 100 men with iron knives and measure xp/h and then repeat.

Then post your results and we can have a proper discussion instead of a huge flame war.

Pls L2Read.

I said the Str Bonus comes close.

The speed also comes close.

Did I say they were exactly like Knives?

No, I did not.

Knives will end up being more cost-efficient by far, simply because they are faster. Faster weapon means you have more time to make money to make up for the knives you lost, and then some - as opposed to taking longer to get the same amount of xp with a sling, and not having to earn money to make up for lost supplies.

So yes, str is very close. But when factored in over even a moderately small scale, like, say, 10k range xp, the speed is different enough to count. Different enough to make the Sling inferior by far.

a70c7.png

I'll just leave this here....

pwntg.png

Jagex neglects to say longbows... they really know how useful they are.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

It's extremely weak regardless...

This.

The firing rate is slow, and the max damage I think is 20lp. Members would rather stick to knifes / F2P with shotbows for better speed and damage over the sling.

Popoto.~<3

It's extremely weak regardless...

This.

The firing rate is slow, and the max damage I think is 20lp. Members would rather stick to knifes / F2P with shotbows for better speed and damage over the sling.

Actually it can hit for more than 20lp. I'm not sure on its max, but I decided to test it out after seeing your post to see if 20 was really its max.

sling.png

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

First? Maybe? Idk, maybe I'm the only person stupid enough to try it lol.

2crrojl.jpg

n3q43n.jpg

Game.

Worked amazingly well tbh, not quite as good as crossbow but sling is really fast, and as you can see, only 4 brews were eaten the first kill and arma was downed before overload ran out. I managed 3 more kills after that, only stopping because I only brought one overload, with 15ish brews left over. With an inv rework, it would probably be possible to solo 10+ armas with a sling, a wep specifically designed for level 3's lol. The only major downside to using it is the fact that you give up your shield slot, so you'll take more damage. But it's super fast, dart speed i think, and can hit 200, and requires no ammo, so kinda cool.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Considering Kayle's sling gives +5 range attack +6.5 range strength (KB) surely you could do even faster actually using knives/darts? Like the common steel knives are +8 and +7 allowing the shield boost. Dragon darts would be +18 +20 and not an awful price.

Not only that, but darts/knives are 1 speed faster than Kayle's sling. The downside to them is the ridiculously short range they have.

As for the Arma test, use Kayle's sling instead of regular. It's very slightly better than the regular sling.

(Wow, if the sling really is this good... then even members CAN consider infinite ranging :blink: )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog