If you could bring back one thing from the past what would it be?

They_Call_Me_Riley

*Puts on nostalgia glasses*

Definitely the removal of the GE and the price checker. I loved B sales, got some great deals there and made a killing with them (well a killing in low level f2p wise, aka 200k).

Nowadays with the GE all I have to do is tele varrock, my tele is set to the GE, and walk a little north and BANG! semi-instant buy.

Was also fun buying vials at 100 ea then selling water filled vials at 250 ea.

Also a lawless wild, where the only sort of rules were the sometimes followed by PKing codes and the chance of wandering by the random fallen player.

There was this one time where I took only a lobster pot, axe (not a hatchet cause that's too new) , tinderbox, and my trusty steel longsword and braved it out in the eastern wilds for a week.

Now even if Jagex brought pking back into the wild like it was it wouldn't matter, a short run and you would be in a safe zone.

*takes off nostalgia glasses*

ahem..what was I saying?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be bad if I said that I absolutely hated hustling because you'd just watch merchants who did practically nothing but stand there and spam going around pressuring skillers into taking a big loss in profit on their goods so that they could then go and get rich without having to spend the time to run down to the docks on Karamja (or heck, walk because there was no running) and haul a sack of cooked fish (not burnt or raw! nobody wanted that) back to the mainland?

Meanwhile, this ensured that skillers would fight each other on price and systematically devalue their own product, which meant that without some kind of unionizing force, they were eventually doomed to ruin their own moneymaker in the first place.

Sounds as bad as flipping in my eyes.

What I want Back?

Having all the extra clicks needed to force Runecrafting tiles in Dungeoneering, with increased HP damage, infact remove the option to force that puzzle altogether, or give us the option to 'force' guardian rooms, and every single other room that is 'too hard'. One of the few things that required logic in that skill and it's nerfed away becase people with developing brains don't wish to strain them.

1yrb49.jpg

Would it be bad if I said that I absolutely hated hustling because you'd just watch merchants who did practically nothing but stand there and spam going around pressuring skillers into taking a big loss in profit on their goods so that they could then go and get rich without having to spend the time to run down to the docks on Karamja (or heck, walk because there was no running) and haul a sack of cooked fish (not burnt or raw! nobody wanted that) back to the mainland?

Meanwhile, this ensured that skillers would fight each other on price and systematically devalue their own product, which meant that without some kind of unionizing force, they were eventually doomed to ruin their own moneymaker in the first place.

Funny ... thats not quite how I remember it.

Also I would like to reconsider what I said - I would like to see skill capes removed. That would be cool. And someone mentioned pre MSB spec nerf, that would be good too... To many choices for me to decide.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Jad only using range. :D

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

defenitely real wildy where u get what u killed, and random event monsters pwning noobs and autoers

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

I miss everything on early RS2 and I also miss when the game was played for fun, not for the grind of reaching a certain goal or obtaining a skill cape, which now have become so common that they are not even considered an achievement anymore...

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Unrealistic: Free trade

Realistic: Unbelievably, no one has mentioned this yet: Things automatically dropping when your inventory gets full. Would make so many skills less irritating

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

Danger which i would resume in no graves, dangerous randoms that pown afkers with phats, a wildy that isn't a big Disneyland filled with CWs, FOGs and other SC, all those stupid warnings everywhere and the safe zone for newbs... Only danger for your items that is left is a bad connex lost or a server crash...

nasty_jenny.png

Unrealistic: Free trade

Realistic: Unbelievably, no one has mentioned this yet: Things automatically dropping when your inventory gets full. Would make so many skills less irritating

tbh free trade is more realistic then automatic dropping coming back.

That would make things too easy

People with mousekeys have +- automatic dropping.

If this would be implemented again, it would even things out.

I'd bring back Naval Slacks when they actually looked decent on males. I remember when Jagex said they had fixed them by bringing flared ankles back, but it looked even worse. I know I shouldn't prioritise such a crappy item but it has really annoyed me how much Jagex messed them up.

redarrows-1.png

Bring my white partyhat back please. :boohoo:

Other than that i'd say the only thing I miss is limitless trade. It's becoming clear that no matter what Jagex does to fight botters, it just does not work long-term. As we all know, trade limit was one of the more extreme approaches. The whole game suffers from it direly, and it gets worse over time. Maybe if the previous free state of things were to be restored (with a certain catch of course), it would also solve the current ridiculous state of the runescape economy. No need for junk then. ;-)

dontfearthereaper2.png

Saw this rather interesting topic and decided to start my postcounting with it.

When I read the question, after about ten seconds I figured out the one thing I would want back. That would be the time before the Grand Exchange. Why, you ask? Because I made my first 100k with fishing lobsters and merching(in 2007. I asked my friend to sell them for me. Might sound noobish, but I didn't know much about trading then. Of course I offered him some profit from it. Actually I could call it some sort of business. Thinking it now makes me want those times back. G.E. has sure made earning a lot easier thank back then... Would the new players be able to earn anything? <_<

Justfor99.png

Justfor99.png

Bunny ears.

The day they were dropped, i was camping on RS for the whole morning so my mother forbid me to use computer for the rest of the day...

The only holiday item i don't have -.-

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]