18-Oct-2010 - Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow (Halloween 2010)

Michael

18-Oct-2010 - Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow (Halloween 2010)

Halloween has never been a particularly enjoyable time for the Grim Reaper. Last year, his home was taken over by spiders; the year before, his manservant inexplicably died. With such misery around this time of the year, its no wonder that the Grim Reaper does his best to forget the Halloween season.

As such, Pumpkin Pete has given himself the task of showing the Grim Reaper just how fun Halloween can be, by throwing him the Halloween party to end all Halloween parties. He just needs your help to do it...

Join Pumpkin Pete and help to organise a truly spook-tacular Halloween party; meet the Grim Reapers musical idol; help werewolf backing singers get their throats ready for the big performance; and give an old friend eight hands as you work to get the musical entertainment in order.

This years Halloween party is set to be an impressive one and the musical entertainment is certainly not to be missed, so make sure to play it with your background music turned up to 11 and your candles held high.

For those that manage to get Grim back in a rocking Halloween mood, the reward of a bone brooch awaits, as chosen by you in a Guaranteed Content Poll held earlier this year.

Oh, and if you liked Eek, the spider you carried around with you during last Halloween's holiday event, you might want to take her back to Grim's house this year. She's sure to have plenty to say.

Mod Raven

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow:

Find the black portal to the Grim Reaper's house north-west of Port Sarim, then talk to Pumpkin Pete.

Requirements to start Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow:

None.

In other news...

The Halloween event will be in the game for two weeks, until the end of October.

Oktoberfest has now been removed from the game. We hope you enjoyed it!

Adjusted the recent Make-X change to better handle beast of burden inventories. Make-X will now count items in this inventory, but you'll still need to take them out manually.

We've increased the clickable area for the following Slayer creatures, as they were not always easy to click on: aberrant spectres, banshees, gargoyles, lizards, turoths and warped terrorbirds.

Before today, all of RuneScapes sound effects were made using a synthesiser. While this tool is great for a variety of sounds and effects, it is particularly hard to make voices and real world sounds with it. We have now updated the game engine to allow us to add real sound effects instead of synthesised ones.

We have wanted to improve our sound effects for a long time, in particular the sound of human combat, so we are delighted to announce the following updates to RuneScapes audio:

* New player hit/death sound effects (for male and female characters)

* New human NPC hit/death sound effects

* New armour sound effects (for players and NPCs)

* New sound effects for cows, sheep, chickens, goats, bears and unicorns

* New sounds for Woodcutting and Mining

* Sound effects are now in stereo

This is only the start of the updates we plan to do with audio thanks to this technology update. We are really excited about this process and also want to get all of you involved, so will be running some polls in the near future concerning upcoming audio updates. We hope that you enjoy the new sound effects and we welcome your feedback.

Mod Bond and the Audio Team

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

• Fixed a problem with heraldic items while in player-owned houses.
  • Corrected the look of grass and the floors in your POH.

Miscellaneous

• Removed mention of the staff from the Third Age druidic set's Grand Exchange description, as it wasn't part of the set.
  • Added Wind Rush to the list of spells you can talk about in Quick Chat.
  • Kayle's sling can no longer be used in PvP, consistent with the behaviour of the Wind Rush spell.
  • Corrected the Make-X/Make-All text when creating shortbows

(added the Patch Notes - Red Tanya)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ur fast

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Not all that bothered about the reward seeing as how it's a copy from a few years back, but I'll get round to it sometime just to make sure I have all the possible holiday items I can get.

Another boring update week for me then, and assuming they take next week as their week of seeing as how the event will still be in place, that'll make it 3 weeks of boring updates for me... The joys. :rolleyes:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Patch Notes 18-10-10

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

•Fixed a problem with heraldic items while in player-owned houses.

•Corrected the look of grass and the floors in your POH.

Miscellaneous

•Removed mention of the staff from the Third Age druidic set's Grand Exchange description, as it wasn't part of the set.

•Added Wind Rush to the list of spells you can talk about in Quick Chat.

•Kayle's sling can no longer be used in PvP, consistent with the behaviour of the Wind Rush spell.

•Corrected the Make-X/Make-All text when creating shortbows.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Time to dust off my full skeleton costume...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

DO NOT PK EVERYTHING PVP COMBAT RELATED IS BUGGED

My friend just got piled by 3 people in single and is now being hit without a timer in the bank. theres mad weird bugs atm

Red team in soul wars is invincible atm

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

DO NOT PK EVERYTHING PVP COMBAT RELATED IS BUGGED

My friend just got piled by 3 people in single and is now being hit without a timer in the bank. theres mad weird bugs atm

Red team in soul wars is invincible atm

The forums are going crazy atm about this. I always laugh when stuff like this happens.