Combat triangle discussion

iiLy

PVP.

There is no combination of 150 attack and strength which matches the accuracy and power of 99 ranged without stupid things like risking chaotic.

Ranged is probably the best for edge.

Mage is the best for hybriding, used rarely in edge as everyone just runs.

Very true, also you could add that range risks much less as a rule of thumb, although void is sometimes risked.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP.

There is no combination of 150 attack and strength which matches the accuracy and power of 99 ranged without stupid things like risking chaotic.

Ranged is probably the best for edge.

Mage is the best for hybriding, used rarely in edge as everyone just runs.

Very true, also you could add that range risks much less as a rule of thumb, although void is sometimes risked.

Well, Ranged is only good against it's own levels. I would like to see a maxed ranged tank beat a maxed warrior 'tank'. Hell, maxed ranged tanks even have difficulty downing maxed zerkers.

Sir kurtiy, at around 70-110 range is decent, above that, it sucks. I can't remember the last time I fought, or saw someone level 125+ in edge fighting with pure range.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

this may just be me, but i dont think there should be a combat triangle.

each class is ok vs each other. think void armour, same stats.

ok i would never want rs to be that boring, but the idea i like, this would remove melee owning mage just by equiping range armour (range and melee armour being just as efective more or less)

there should be some form of combat triangle in some ways, but the core idea of melee>range>mage>melee does not work very well. at least not in its curent form.

you do realize that melee beats range, range beats mage and mage beats melee :wall:

though I do agree with your point about the combat triangle not being needed

unless you mean the > symbols as an arrow, then I'm the idiot.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

ok i would never want rs to be that boring, but the idea i like, this would remove melee owning mage just by equiping range armour (range and melee armour being just as efective more or less)

there should be some form of combat triangle in some ways, but the core idea of melee>range>mage>melee does not work very well. at least not in its curent form.

you do realize that melee beats range, range beats mage and mage beats melee :wall:

> means greater than...

Melee is greater than range

Range is greater than mage

mage is greater than melee

He did it right.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

> means greater than...

He did it right.

but the core idea of melee-->range-->mage-->melee does not work very well

now we can all be happy :P

i would just like to mention, im not totaly with the idea of "no combat triangle", but i think it will grately help balance. both for now and future updates.

even with the triangle staying where it is, each class is still to difrent for it to work.

think about it

melee: short range high and fast hits with few, but strong, side efects (special attack, poison etc)

range: long range low/medium hits at medium speed(darts/knives are more of a training weapon then pvm/pvp) with very high accuracy, with fery few side efects (besdies bolt's)

requires your armour to be range based as your attack power comes mostly from your armour, not you weapon.

mage: exspensive long range with low hits at medium speed, comon and strong side efects (ICE BARRAGE! RAWR! :grin: ). requires low defence to be accurate.

now thay all have things in comon, but man do thay have there Differences.

its hard to balance the 3 styles when there so totaly difrent.

in short: combat trianlge, not needed. combat classes, to hard to get right in there curent setup.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

> means greater than...

He did it right.

but the core idea of melee-->range-->mage-->melee does not work very well

now we can all be happy :P

i would just like to mention, im not totaly with the idea of "no combat triangle", but i think it will grately help balance. both for now and future updates.

even with the triangle staying where it is, each class is still to difrent for it to work.

think about it

melee: short range high and fast hits with few, but strong, side efects (special attack, poison etc)

range: long range low/medium hits at medium speed(darts/knives are more of a training weapon then pvm/pvp) with very high accuracy, with fery few side efects (besdies bolt's)

requires your armour to be range based as your attack power comes mostly from your armour, not you weapon.

mage: exspensive long range with low hits at medium speed, comon and strong side efects (ICE BARRAGE! RAWR! :grin: ). requires low defence to be accurate.

now thay all have things in comon, but man do thay have there Differences.

its hard to balance the 3 styles when there so totaly difrent.

in short: combat trianlge, not needed. combat classes, to hard to get right in there curent setup.

When you're talking about balancing the combat triangle, it really depends on what context. If you're talking about PvP, that would require alot of balancing, and any further updates can ruin the balance pretty easily, because it would almost always be in favour of one style more than the others. I do agree that there isn't that much point in creating a perfect balance.