Space

archimage_a

India almost had one, but everyone ganked me.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty, ever since the space stage began I kept my budget like this:

[hide='Income]Taxes

Human

71 000 000 000

50 000

30 %

1 065 000 000 000 000

Jaffa

28 000 000

60 000

25 %

420 000 000 000

Goa'uld

59 000

1 500 000

10 %

8 850 000 000

Loan

1 500 000 000

5 %

75 000 000

Building company

Apartements

5 000

30 000

40 %

60 000 000

Townhouses

2 500

75 000

40 %

75 000 000

Farms

125 000

40 %

45 000 000

Mansions

1 500

1 000 000

40 %

600 000 000

Pyramids

5 000 000

40 %

100 000 000

Skyscrapers

1 000

40 000

40 %

1 600 000 000

Trade

Ring transporters

500 000

Naguadah bars

1 000 000

Drone sets

2 000 000 000

Tel'tac cargoships

5 000 000 000

Sales

Ross

500 000 000

Archi

1 000 000

Income

1 065 431 906 000 000

Budget

10 %

106 543 190 600 000 [/hide]

My growth rate was 5% for humans, 2% for Jaffa and 10% for goa'uld.

If I could have bought ships then it would have been different, remember we had that system for ship production? I used that.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yeah I know Rocco, I came to terms with it. I just said almost until I got ganked, meaning I admitted deafeat.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I had little soldiers and has just started ship production, but if one could hire mercenaries and you hadn't done a sneak attack then I would have won, or at least stalled the battle until I could hire more mercenaries. When it came to military money was useless, except for WOMDs.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

This is like when Icu tried to convince everyone that he could've taken on the entire world in a fight and won.

This is how the first hegemony ended:

Military Hegemony: Terran Federation

Economic Hegemony: Terran Federation

Population Hegemony: Terran Federation (because Retech's egg mine got destroyed by Rocco)

Production Hegemony: Terran Federation

Technology Hegemony: None/Tied (Between TFed & some giant robot brain thing)

That's pretty much it.

I believe Ross had the most population too, wasn't it like a huge number cause he could just manufacture people?

Also I stood a rather nice chance in some respects, and you were like 5 strong nations, and I was surrounded by you guys.

You guys still did it for no reason, I would have seperated if you had a problem.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Dusty, that's because you killed me. More than once did you say I had way too high GDP, I downgraded my numbers and you still said so, it was simply because of my well-kept budget that I had so. I had economical hegemony until you decided to gang on me. And before you claim I should have been able to defend myself, remember that I was the second newest player.

Discussion ended!

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yes, because when you set the profit you gain from something yourself, and you have no limits on said profit aside from pestering by the other players (Which, be serious, you payed attention to about as much as a butterfly pays attention to the australian stock market. "Don't like this? I'll lower it by 5%. My tax margins are still absurd, but whoo, who cares about things like balance!") things have absolutely no chance of getting out of hand.

Lets be serious. The economy system was messed up. I was a prime example of that. I dictated my population growth rate, I dictated how much I taxed them, and I dictated how much the average income was. This was so incredibly exploitable that you could put the goddamned pope in front of it and even he would give in to the temptation and abuse it.

So when you say "My economy was best" you are, in essence, saying "I was brave enough to put slightly bigger numbers where my money should be than the rest of you."

Christ, strawman arguments are fun. So are tortured analogies.

Saying "Discussion Ended!" is a terrible way to try to end an argument. It's basically asserting yourself as the winner with no feedback from anyone else. Putting your hands over your ears and closing your eyes, basically.

2Xeo5.png

This was so incredibly exploitable that you could put the goddamned pope in front of it and even he would give in to the temptation and abuse it.

:twss:

No more needs to be said. Now, getting back to the topic of the actual game... has Archi set a starting date?

a70c7.png

Tommrow, 5pm GMT.

Hard at work stocking stores and such...make sure we don't have another:

'You walk in to a shop'

'I ask what he has for sale.'

'He looks at you nervously..."What do you think I have for sale?"'

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Oh noes, 5pm GMT. That's like noon for easterners.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well two weekend sessions would be nice, and maybe 8PM GMT on fridays?

In general weekdays are really hectic, because of school and sports. In the spring, I won't be able to come at all on the weekdays because of Varsity tennis.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well two weekend sessions would be nice, and maybe 8PM GMT on fridays?

In general weekdays are really hectic, because of school and sports. In the spring, I won't be able to come at all on the weekdays because of Varsity tennis.

Conflicts with BG2 sessions.

Indeed. One at the weekend is most sensible...least of all because it gives me time to update and recover between sessions.

I am thinking 1 session starting at 5PM running till it finishes, 1 session starting at 10 PM and running till it finishes and one that runs Saturdays...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea too.

Not to beat a dead horse arch but in the hegemony where you redirected the rhine I believe I had put up two "special" stations into orbit. By special I obviously mean freaking huge ion cannons (made to strike from orbit) I don't think they had all too many shots in them but still... if I had given contingency orders for an attack on Franco-German soil (ie Japan's anthrax bombs) they would have been able to [bleep] [cabbage] up in a very efficent way.

LNYvk.png