Fallout: New Vegas

pennywise

I mainly just explored today. Just got to the mojave desert outpost. Loving the game so far, great buy for $63 :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a nightscope for my varmit rifle, tis' fun to mess with. Also found that abandoned ranch and adopted it (it's holding all my stuff), and found a nice upgraded cleaver there as well (a chopper, I think).

I added a few mods, just some retextures, the UI for large screens, and a perk every level (I like them too much).

Edit: AARGHH, stupid night-things at RECONN, killing me with their large chunks of concrete.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Argh! I hate Deathclaws and Cazadores! They are impossible to kill and they kill me in 3 or less hits. The freaking Cazadores are keeping me from Vault 22 which I need to get into for 2 different quests.

I got the Q-35 Molecular Modulator though. The most awesome Plasma Rifle EVER

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Argh! I hate Deathclaws and Cazadores! They are impossible to kill and they kill me in 3 or less hits. The freaking Cazadores are keeping me from Vault 22 which I need to get into for 2 different quests.

I got the Q-35 Molecular Modulator though. The most awesome Plasma Rifle EVER

Energy weapons in this game suck. Horribly. Friggin' guns are better than them. :/

Deathclaws and Cazadors are minor annoyances on Very Hard and Hardcore mode. In fact, that was my first playthrough, and the game was definitely a good challenge. I use AP bullets on the Deathclaws to drop 'em, and Boone uses his anti-Material Rifle in order to weaken Cazadors for me while I strike back. I also carry a ton of Anti-Poison when I have it and Doctors Bags.

But yeah, its better than Fallout 3 in many, many aspects in my opinion. The only thing that could have made the game better would have been to add interiors to a lot of the locations where they were instead sealed off for whatever reason. I hope one of the DLC's will allow people to go to Caesar's territory in Arizona/Grand Canyon and have quests for the Legion. There's barely ANY. I understand it in the context of an NCR-gripped land, I just hope they do a Grand Canyon DLC or somewhere like that. No Area 51 though. Aliens in Fallout 3 already [bleep]ed up my Fallout canon enough. :P

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

@Above - you have to remember we're talking about a game about a life born from a nuclear fallout (pun obviously intended to the fullest). You can't access those buildings because no one has gotten around to rebuilding them. It's a convenient out for the developers to not overly detail their cities, but it's also reasonably accurate. At this point, I'm avoiding Sloan because of the deathclaws. Even with 10 END, I'm running a Melee Weapon character. They tear me apart.

Now then - it's STORY TIME!

Seriously, if you're not taking a Legion-heavy storyline, you will want Boone as a companion. Even if you don't upgrade his weaponry, take him with you. He'll help ridiculously. Case in point:

I have Boone and ED-E as companions and I take them into the HELIOS One powerplant, fully intending to redirect the power (in some way). I get to the part where I have to disable an automated security system. This system consists of turrets and robots with energy weapons. As I'm reaching the terminal to disable them, the camera does its kill-cam shift and I see one of the robots falling over with its headpiece blown COMPLETELY OFF. I'm not talking just knocked off, it's shattered. Score 1 for Boone's stock rifle.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

@Above - you have to remember we're talking about a game about a life born from a nuclear fallout (pun obviously intended to the fullest).

The Mojave Wasteland wasn't hit by the bombs as hard as everywhere else. And even without that one reason, its a poor excuse because Fallout 3 had enterable locations that were marked. Thats what I'm saying, many (if not just a few) are useless areas; i.e., some random shack with an empty metal box...yes, I just found that about 2 hours ago. Fallout 3 had a ton of enterable places iirc, some marked and unmarked, all I'm saying is I don't like finding a town with boarded up houses that are inaccessible when they could have allowed the player to go down into a wrecked piece of crap ruin. I could care less if society recovered there, just let us explore the ruined areas is all I'm saying.

Nevertheless, this is only am minor complaint as there are, what, 400 locations in this game? with some unmarked ones, too. I'm simply talking about the places that are marked with nothing in them besides a random gang to kill, and thats it. Bonnie Springs, for example.

I did have a great 1 or 2 hours randomly exploring when I found a location within the All Roads Graphic novel, and trekked far, far ahead and found the beginning location of the novel in the form of a marked location and followed the road until the end. I got a reward for doing that. :D Leads to the Goodsprings Graveyard. It was really awesome, seeing stuff from the graphic novel.

I also obtained a new perk that causes all items in my inventory that are below 2 pounds to way half as much as they actually are. Very, VERY helpful if you have hardcore mode on, since ammo has weight. It cut off 90 pounds for me. Its called Pac Rat, if anyone needs to know. ;P

I get what you're saying, but still. Consider the Novac gift store has a storage closet that lets off 1RAD/sec alone and you can probably see why some of the houses would be boarded up (admittedly, that closet was filled with radioactive material). Who knows - Fallout 3 got an expansion pack, so those boarded up houses could be used if/when F:NV gets its expansion to hold new characters.

Though this game really earns its M rating when you consider how much innuendo there is with Confirmed Bachelor on a male character (and I can only imagine what it's like with Lady Killer on a female). Confirmed Bachelor and Lady Killer are ridiculously helpful though - helps you get around many challenges*, and you can have them both by Level 4 if you really pushed for it.

*Taking the "Come Fly with Me" quest as an example (the one where Manny in Novac has you investigate the RETCONN facility), you can get the information to continue the main storyline with Confirmed Bachelor, leaving Come Fly with Me as optional. Alternatively, when you have to pay Old Lady Gibson 500 caps to obtain the launch module, a Barter check can get that down to 250 but Lady Killer makes that free. (Of course, Pickpocketing her does the exact same thing).

Did I mention I got way too much pleasure out of Boone's side quest? Cause I got way too much pleasure out of Boone's side quest. *beret* *blamo* :blink:

*Ahem* I suppose we should've had a Spoiler warning going at some point at this rate.

EDIT: Regarding the Pack Rat perk, also realize that each companion you have with you effectively works as a pack mule as well.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I always use my companions as a pack mule, obviously. :P Being a Fallout buff I know too much. :geek: But I like to keep the major weapons and ammo with me, and that tends to be a lot because I switch around a lot. In regards to the DLC idea, I hope they don't. I would prefer a Grand Canyon DLC and stuff like that, non in relation to characetrs back in the towns tbh. Not rying to put down your ideas or anything. But my change of heart in regards to the subject of pointless locations...I discovered a [cabbage] ton new locations today and am getting more and more content with the exploration side, so in the end whatever I have said before in regards to boarded off buildings in such...well, a lot of locations make up for it. :D Even the locations that are useless...they DO remind me of classic Fallout randomness.

Boones side quest was awesome, but his other quest is even more fun lol.

Particularly I don't use Lady Killer or Confirmed Bachelor (though Confirmed Bachelor does kickass), because I don't particularly like to shortcut quests lol. I'm thinking of restarting after this first playthrough is satisfied, 1 level till I'm 30 and many quests and locations to go.

Oh, and the Remnants Power Armor dominates you all.

I'm using Boone and EDE. Boone is a complete bad-ass. Gave him my Anti-Materiel rifle and went Deathclaw hunting in the quarry which is always good for a giggle. I also picked the Explorer perk which puts all the locations on the map so I've been going about exploring the ones that sound cool.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'm using Boone and EDE. Boone is a complete bad-ass. Gave him my Anti-Materiel rifle and went Deathclaw hunting in the quarry which is always good for a giggle. I also picked the Explorer perk which puts all the locations on the map so I've been going about exploring the ones that sound cool.

Hmm, next time I level up Ill use that perk. I just got the the tops and found Benny. Kinda sticking to the storyline right now. Once I'm done Ill explore everything :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'm continuing my completely anti-guide/wiki/whatever runthrough. I've gotten to the part after I dispatch Benny's guards and Ceasar wants to see me. I want to take over New Vegas but need about 40 levels in Science first (I think).

Right now I'm at the Boomer's base doing stuff for them.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I'm continuing my completely anti-guide/wiki/whatever runthrough. I've gotten to the part after I dispatch Benny's guards and Ceasar wants to see me. I want to take over New Vegas but need about 40 levels in Science first (I think).

Right now I'm at the Boomer's base doing stuff for them.

Im doing pretty much the same thing. Also found out you can get one of the snipers in novac as a friend. name is Boone I believe. Just have to do an easy quest.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

Thinking about restarting my game again too redo how I end the game. I...really don;t like the legion...with that said, I'll do what I can to help/kill Mr.House. And I met Mr.House in the legions camp and it scared the [bleep] out of me... big ass face looking at you <_<

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

Over 100lbs of my weight consists of Microfusion Cells. I cannot put how much I love my Q-35 into words.

You know, the only energy weapons I like are the Gauss Rifle, which destroys all, and the Plasma Caster. With the Meltdown perk, the plasma caster is amazing, and I will give it that. Otherwise, its kind of distasteful how weak they made energy weapons imho. :(

I'm restarting the game in a bit with new mods. Can't wait. Should be tons 'a fun. :D I got the Classic pack from someone, and now I have the canteen; all I really wanted it for, and I'm playing it on very Hard and Hardcore again with a few awesome mods (the western sky mod is <3). Hopefully the gateless New Vegas mod will be done soon and the gateless Freeside mod, too.

I just restarted my game. Decided to go with guns instead of energy weapons this time around. Damn this game is so much fun :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I am level 5 and I am heading to the town that was not totally messed up by Caesar's Legion.

Speccing in guns, sneak and speech. Need a cooler gun, Varmint Rifles suck. Only died once, when three Radscorpions basically came and ruined my [cabbage]. They're terrifying.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men