Bringing Closure To This All?

xevanx

My internet experience changed me for the better. I've been exposed to a nice array of meritable ideas and beliefs, I think I actually handle social situations with more tact than I used to, and I even learned more about who I am. Of course I probably missed out on some cool opportunities in life here and there, but I don't regret it in the least.

Ilya : Are you dense? Re-Read my reasoning and maybe you might get something out of it. I was never forced to spend my time on the internet, but rather grew into liking it. Obsessing over it. And as a kid, it seemed right, but after a while you look back and realize it wasn't as perfect as I had planned. Don't tell me what you believe my problem is when it was you who clearly misinterpreted what I set out to explain.

I think that was Ilya's point.

I have a feeling that you've only been exposed to half of the things that I have due to the assumption that you didn't start out as young as I did. With that assumption I can say that your logic is flawed.

Due to an assumption you made about him, his logic is flawed?

Dupin: Your logic is flawed. I grew up. To a kid as young as I was, the lifestyle that I lived would seem so enticing. Over time is when I began to develop my social awkwardness and neglect for life opportunities. As nothing more than an immature 10 year old kid I began to submerse myself into a subculture which I favoured over that of real world. I would be writing to people just to prove how easily it is to get sucked into things like this as a child. I have a feeling that you've only been exposed to half of the things that I have due to the assumption that you didn't start out as young as I did. With that assumption I can say that your logic is flawed. I do have an amazing personality and initiative to work towards something great. But when you're 12 you don't understand how many different things matter while you're still young. This book is targeted to a specific audience, not for those like I assume that you are.

I have a saying, "It's Apparent to be a Parent". Without the proper supervision or the lack thereof, kids are destined to slide off the tracks at some point. I won't say that my parents did a bad job, because I grew up as one of the first real generations to use what we call now "the modern internet". I don't care if you take my advice and tell me to shove it up my behind, but you should at least have to provide truths while trying to provoke someone.

I'm not trying to provoke you, and I'm sorry if you felt that way.

As far as my "flawed" logic goes, I actually think you should reconsider your own logic. You begin with an assumption that I didn't start playing video games young based on nothing at all, then proceed to link that, somehow, to the idea that I haven't experienced as much, and that directly to the fact that I'm incapable of higher thought.

Your book may be for a specific audience, but it will be recieved by the public. That includes all the annoying teenagers, the ones you avoided while living under a rock with your computer; all the annoying parents, the ones you apparently have never heard of; and all the critics, newspapers, and TV shows which will rip it apart, misinterpret it, analyze it, extrapolate on it, or ignore it, completely independent of your own intentions.

As far as your views on parenting go, if children are constantly regulated by their parents, they will be unable to learn. Childhood is about making mistakes and learning from these mistakes. Also, to encourage parents to enforce stricter controls on video games could easily have the opposite effect to the one you've imagined - I know when my mother took my Game Boy Advance, I just ended up wanting it more. In this day and age, children are becoming more and more controlled as the scare stories get out and the parents get increasingly protective. Your book would be counterproductive. I've actually heard stories of young adults who went away to college, only to return home upon realizing that they didn't know how to cook anything more than spaghetti and had never used a laundry machine.

I must interject one last point: Go to a bookstore. Look around. What you will see is only a fraction of a fraction of the books the modern person has access too, and many don't even read books. The idea that you could, overcoming the many obstacles of writing a novel, produce an autobiography as a man in his mid-20s or so, coming from a background of complete obscurity, that would actually be widely recieved and well-known and eventually change anyone's life is preposterous. This book, if actually finished, may help you to find "closure", it may only contribute to your egocentricity, but at least you will finally feel you have done something with your life. I applaud you for attempting such a gargantuan task, if you decide to do so, but don't expect it to make waves - you will end up even more disappointed with yourself.

Dupin: Your logic is flawed. I grew up. To a kid as young as I was, the lifestyle that I lived would seem so enticing. Over time is when I began to develop my social awkwardness and neglect for life opportunities. As nothing more than an immature 10 year old kid I began to submerse myself into a subculture which I favoured over that of real world. I would be writing to people just to prove how easily it is to get sucked into things like this as a child. I have a feeling that you've only been exposed to half of the things that I have due to the assumption that you didn't start out as young as I did. With that assumption I can say that your logic is flawed. I do have an amazing personality and initiative to work towards something great. But when you're 12 you don't understand how many different things matter while you're still young. This book is targeted to a specific audience, not for those like I assume that you are.

I have a saying, "It's Apparent to be a Parent". Without the proper supervision or the lack thereof, kids are destined to slide off the tracks at some point. I won't say that my parents did a bad job, because I grew up as one of the first real generations to use what we call now "the modern internet". I don't care if you take my advice and tell me to shove it up my behind, but you should at least have to provide truths while trying to provoke someone.

I'm not trying to provoke you, and I'm sorry if you felt that way.

As far as my "flawed" logic goes, I actually think you should reconsider your own logic. You begin with an assumption that I didn't start playing video games young based on nothing at all, then proceed to link that, somehow, to the idea that I haven't experienced as much, and that directly to the fact that I'm incapable of higher thought.

Your book may be for a specific audience, but it will be recieved by the public. That includes all the annoying teenagers, the ones you avoided while living under a rock with your computer; all the annoying parents, the ones you apparently have never heard of; and all the critics, newspapers, and TV shows which will rip it apart, misinterpret it, analyze it, extrapolate on it, or ignore it, completely independent of your own intentions.

As far as your views on parenting go, if children are constantly regulated by their parents, they will be unable to learn. Childhood is about making mistakes and learning from these mistakes. Also, to encourage parents to enforce stricter controls on video games could easily have the opposite effect to the one you've imagined - I know when my mother took my Game Boy Advance, I just ended up wanting it more. In this day and age, children are becoming more and more controlled as the scare stories get out and the parents get increasingly protective. Your book would be counterproductive. I've actually heard stories of young adults who went away to college, only to return home upon realizing that they didn't know how to cook anything more than spaghetti and had never used a laundry machine.

I must interject one last point: Go to a bookstore. Look around. What you will see is only a fraction of a fraction of the books the modern person has access too, and many don't even read books. The idea that you could, overcoming the many obstacles of writing a novel, produce an autobiography as a man in his mid-20s or so, coming from a background of complete obscurity, that would actually be widely recieved and well-known and eventually change anyone's life is preposterous. This book, if actually finished, may help you to find "closure", it may only contribute to your egocentricity, but at least you will finally feel you have done something with your life. I applaud you for attempting such a gargantuan task, if you decide to do so, but don't expect it to make waves - you will end up even more disappointed with yourself.

I'm sorry that we both seemed to have gotten off on the wrong foot. I maybe did act irrationally towards your opinion, even while feeling provoked. I appreciate your opinion but I respectfully disagree with your standpoint.

moose67.png

I mean, what would make this book stand out? That's an honest question.

Also, they have koalas in Australia.

Why was I not answered :[]

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I mean, what would make this book stand out? That's an honest question.

Also, they have koalas in Australia.

Why was I not answered :[]

There is no answer, and that's a hard fact for an aspiring author to accept.

Oh, I just wanted verification of koalas in Australia, but while we're at it:

What makes this book different?

I'm in no way meaning to invalidate you, I myself have been writing an autobiography of sorts, but I'm never getting it published. So I know what its like to *want* to write a book, but should it be written?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't agree with your book idea. I see it being taken by the over-protective parents of America and being broadcast all over the news as another reason to be harder on kids about games.

When I was younger, I too had a couple moments when I felt..."angry" about my gaming habits. But now I'm older and I realize the truth...

The real world really just sucks. And people are stupid. Immature kids are especially stupid. I'm very thankful that I played 4+ hours of videogames every day through high school, because the majority of kids in my school were out doing drugs, stealing, getting shot, and getting people pregnant.

The world is a terrible terrible place for people who have a brain. Nobody says you have to be young and stupid. I'm personally glad that I spent most of my "reckless" years playing videogames, because nobody my age was doing anything more constructive.

Thats the way I see it

I also understand this and see your point of view. I cannot agree more with bolded statement. I'm a walking talking encyclopedia, I consider the internet a bigger help in:

-Education

-The understanding of the world

-Current Events

-Technological, Sociological, and Psychological areas

than any School, Teacher, News Agency, or Textbook could EVER of taught me. I really truely do owe my intelligence and my know-how to my online experiences. However, I feel and know that it all is a double sided sword. Although you weren't out doing drugs and getting into trouble, you missed out on those key.life experiences which are the sociological glue and keystone to building a healthy relationship between yourself and the outside world.

Why is it "right" to have a "healthy relationship" with the outside world?

I dont want a relationship with the outside world. I have a beautiful fiance who is incredibly intelligent. We have a great life together. Between both of us, we have no more than a handfull of friends, who are all as disgusted with the general population as we are.

People freaking suck. I will never understand why people think it is "correct" to be a social butterfly. I am much more content with my life having interaction with as few people as possible.

Ironically, though, I am a teacher. lol...I guess it isnt really that ironic. I kind of feel like I am making the world a less terrible place by encouraging kids to actually enjoy using their minds, instead of becoming wastes who will grow up to do nothing of any intellectual value.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I dont want a relationship with the outside world. I have a beautiful fiance who is incredibly intelligent. We have a great life together. Between both of us, we have no more than a handfull of friends, who are all as disgusted with the general population as we are.

People freaking suck. I will never understand why people think it is "correct" to be a social butterfly. I am much more content with my life having interaction with as few people as possible.

Ironically, though, I am a teacher. lol...I guess it isnt really that ironic. I kind of feel like I am making the world a less terrible place by encouraging kids to actually enjoy using their minds, instead of becoming wastes who will grow up to do nothing of any intellectual value.

Damn. You sound just like me.

*elitist high-five*

*elitist high-five*

reminds me of dizzle's philosophy

...can't beleive someone who replaced o's with 0's in their name is a teacher...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My internet experience changed me for the better. I've been exposed to a nice array of meritable ideas and beliefs, I think I actually handle social situations with more tact than I used to, and I even learned more about who I am. Of course I probably missed out on some cool opportunities in life here and there, but I don't regret it in the least.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

*elitist high-five*

reminds me of dizzle's philosophy

...can't beleive someone who replaced o's with 0's in their name is a teacher...

LOL. burned...

To be fair the RS name is 8 years old, and the TIF name is 6 years old. I was still in high school back then...wow, hard to believe.

I actually had Myweponsgood on TIF but then I lost the account info and also lost the info for the email that the account was registered to.

Also I just wanted to point out, addressing the OP idea, that the same things could be said about anything that kids decide to do. For instance "omg I wasted so many hours in school football. now im in college and I dont even talk to the friends I made" or "OMG I spent so many years in my church group...now the church is closed and I dont even live in the same town any more"

Everything you choose to focus on makes a neglect of other things. Dont discredit the time youve spent online. I'm sure you have learned and experienced plenty of good things aswell.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Become a gangbanger. It's just like being a cop minus the paperwork and low pay.

zinger?

I hate this train of thought. That is, the idea that everyone but you and a close few are stupid and worthless.

Become a gangbanger. It's just like being a cop minus the paperwork and low pay.

zinger?

I hate this train of thought. That is, the idea that everyone but you and a close few are stupid and worthless.

I grew up in rural Russia and lived like that because quite frankly, it was true.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

Aren't you the guy who said you don't see anything wrong with society? Simply put, anti-progression is a dangerous train of thought. We should always strive to build a better tomorrow instead of settling for what already is and just managing to scrape by. Humanity has such potential - it's just such a shame how very few actually want to do something about it.

Its almost been like that, and humanity still advanced. If anytthing, this would make it easier for you to advance humanity and jump in the fame and profits.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg