Korasi: Cheap alternative to ZS -AND- SS?

Kashi

And you're ignoring the point of this thread. No, it's not going to replace ZS or SS, but if you have it, it's a decent substitute. No, it's not going to be the most efficient, but if you don't want to spend the money on either one, and you have the level reqs for the quest and get KS, it can do.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Lol. Kashi, do you even know how Claws work, or why people use ZS at Corp?

The Corp fact has already been pointed out, and Kashi already admitted to not knowing that.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

the KS really only seems useful if you don't have Super Anti-fires as a weapon for dragons.

I do have Super Antifires, but if you were using anything other than a rune defender, Korasi's wouldn't

match up to a ZS. So, I use them at Iron/Steel Dragons anyway. You're neglecting the fact that the only

way this setup is inferior to Z Spear is a minor -7 Stab bonus. I would trade 7 Stab points for Korasi's superior

special attack any day ... on Slayer tasks the special frequently hits above 700.

Also, with Korasi's Sword I would honestly never use a SS for slash. Korasi + Rune Def has 7 more Slash accuracy

than a Sara Sword plus 20 more Slash and Stab defense as well as 18 more Crush defense.

I'm not trying to tell you it's a substitute ...

With these defense bonuses plus a special attack 90% as powerful as D Claws spec, Korasi's is EQUAL

to either of these more expensive weapons.

Obviously the #1 use for a SS is to train Strength, since the Abyssal Whip can't. Korasi's ability to train Strength

with Slash attack style is overwhelming because it's Slash attack style is ...

AS STRONG AS A ZS AND MORE ACCURATE THAN A SS.

This makes it a complete replacement for Strength training with Slash ... currently the most popular use of SS.

Korasi's doesn't deserve to be put into a lower class. For the players who actually qualify to get it, it's a free replacement

for two of the more expensive and powerful weapons in RS.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

the KS really only seems useful if you don't have Super Anti-fires as a weapon for dragons.

I do have Super Antifires, but if you were using anything other than a rune defender, Korasi's wouldn't

match up to a ZS. So, I use them at Iron/Steel Dragons anyway. You're neglecting the fact that the only

way this setup is inferior to Z Spear is a minor -7 Stab bonus. I would trade 7 Stab points for Korasi's superior

special attack any day ... on Slayer tasks the special frequently hits above 700.

Also, with Korasi's Sword I would honestly never use a SS for slash. Korasi + Rune Def has 7 more Slash accuracy

than a Sara Sword plus 20 more Slash and Stab defense as well as 18 more Crush defense.

With these defense bonuses plus a special attack 90% as powerful as D Claws spec, Korasi's is EQUAL

Obviously the #1 use for a SS is to train Strength, since the Abyssal Whip can't. Korasi's ability to train Strength

This makes it a complete replacement for Strength training with Slash ... currently the most popular use of SS.

Korasi's doesn't deserve to be put into a lower class. For the players who actually qualify to get it, it's a free replacement

Defence bonuses of that size is quite useless in training situations. Also, because training monsters have low defence, 7 slash attack isn't as good as 5 strength bonus, which you actually lose if you use Rune Defender + Korasi Sword.

I agree, the Korasi's special attack is much better than Saradomin Sword's, but you should really be using Dragon Claws and Saradomin Sword for training.

If you would like to debate about the first point I made, then feel free to also include a definition of how damage is calculated.

[hide]

[/hide]

Woah...you went through all that just to argue against a one line post. I feel honored.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

7 slash attack is worse than 5 strength for training, so Korasi's is slightly worse than SS. If you're poor, it's a great replacement, nobody is arguing that. But if you can afford SS, that's going to be the best option for strength training. I'm sorry that that fact seems to upset you so much.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Although training monsters have low defense, many people also choose to train by doing Slayer.

For the Slayer monsters with slightly higher defense like Hellhounds, an accuracy bonus of 7

would be equal in my opinion to 7 strength.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Although training monsters have low defense, many people also choose to train by doing Slayer.

For the Slayer monsters with slightly higher defense like Hellhounds, an accuracy bonus of 7

would be equal in my opinion to 7 strength.

So basically what you're saying is, you 'guessed' that 7 Slash is better than or equal to 7 Strength bonus? I don't have figures at hand, so I'll wait for Grimy Bunyip to post.

Hellhounds don't have high defense. Basically the only slayer monsters (with a few exceptions, granted) that have high defense are high level dragons, which we've already established are the one place Korasi could win assuming you don't have chaotics or superantifire (ZS would be inarguably better if you have super antifire though).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Sorry to Hijack, but seemed better then making a thread about the similar thing.

The leaf blade has better stab accuracy then Korasi's sword (that's correct right?), so wouldn't that mean the leaf blade is better at the Corporal Beast than Korasi's? The only thing that really stands out from it to me, is the special, but seeing as though it's a multicombat area, and there's only one monster, the special is rather useless (Only boosts damage in single combat, in multi it hits 3 things).

Basically doing Corp this arvo with my clan, just wanted to know what one is better.

the Korasi sword has 20 more str than leaf-blade sword

Leaf-blade sword has 7 more stab than Korasi.

Neither are good at corp, because they aren't spears, all damaged caused by them will be halved

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

^+1 to that. The only weapons you could possibly use at corp are Zammy and Vesta spears. Nothing else is close to effective.

Edit: ruby bolts are okay, though most high level teams will want you to be stunning if you're ranging.

Well my range is 79, while melle stats are 85, so I wish to melee. On top, I can't actually afford a Zammy Spear. I'm not duoing or something, so I don't think just because I can't have a full-damage weapon i'll die instantly.

as lim x->∞=100%, when x=accuracy, as you cannot have more then 99.9 repeating% accuracy, and lim x->∞=∞ when x=strength, you can deduce that in almost any situation against a monster without extremely high defense, with a reasonably high (100+) attack bonus, a gain of 7 strength>a gain of 7 accuracy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well my range is 79, while melle stats are 85, so I wish to melee. On top, I can't actually afford a Zammy Spear. I'm not duoing or something, so I don't think just because I can't have a full-damage weapon i'll die instantly.

You won't die instantly, but you also won't help at all. If you can't afford a ZS, you aren't ready for corp. It's not a low level boss.

Well I did last time with the clan with Leaf Blade and prayer book. Managed fine that time, got 10+ kills.

Anyway, spend my cash on Zammy Spear, cheaper then what it was last time. Got a few kills in.

Lol 10+ kills. If your whole clan was using lbs, you guys really should do something like Bandos or Zammy GWD rather than wasting so much time and food at corp. Those bosses also drop their valuable items a LOT more often than corp, meaning you'll see a payoff that'll let you afford z spears a lot more quickly. If the rest of the team was using zs, well, that's why you managed to stay that long lol.