Nadril's Daily Sketches

Nadril

In an effort to improve myself I'm going to be posting a daily sketch (hopefully). These might not even be of.. things, and will just be whatever I decide to work on that day.

I'm using http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm as a big inspiration and "guide" so some of my sketches may be based off of that. Either way a lot of these things are going to be very incomplete or strange. I'm still trying to develop my own style and such.

10/23

wCAQ6.png

Nothing too interesting here. Mostly trying to get the hang on shading and such and becoming less reliant on having such line-heavy things. I was drawing a cylinder and I have no idea what it is now.

10/24

tRmSA.png

Tried using some of the techniques I worked on last time in a scene. Really it just started out as a rock and sort of evolved. My interest is def in scenery and such, probably just from all my years of using Terragen. I'm probably going to focus on that more so than anything. Still very much a "sketch" but yeah.

10/26

8BIH8.png

Not really satisfied with this but posting it anyways.

10/30

6LGTZ.png

Been a bit busy so skipped a few days of doing these. I could have worked longer on the mountains in the background but decided against it. Trying not to spend too much time on these sketches for now lol.

10/31

1sXzS.png

Kind of feeling this one. Decided to go with snow this time to mix it up a bit.

Youu have the really expressive, very 3D reminiscent style, which I like. I've seen it in the daily painting challenge (what happened to that...) and it'd be cool to see it develop.

Heh thanks. It probably is like that just with all my time doing 3D and stuff.

It, uh...

Died.

Yea its a little limp :P

MORE LIKE NADRILS [cabbage]TY SKETCHES

F you too elk =D

10/24

tRmSA.png

Tried using some of the techniques I worked on last time in a scene. Really it just started out as a rock and sort of evolved. My interest is def in scenery and such, probably just from all my years of using Terragen. I'm probably going to focus on that more so than anything. Still very much a "sketch" but yeah.

Are you taking any requests?

If so... draw a cat!

Not really taking requests, mostly just trying to sketch whatever and make something out of it atm lol.

10/26

8BIH8.png

Not really satisfied with this but posting it anyways.

I can make out what it is! :D

The road looks good except the center line should be yellow if you want to be accurate but it looks good regardless. Is that the moon in the back? I would ask what happened to the 10/25 but it's already tomorrow where your at. :grin:

tFtfA.jpg

10/30

6LGTZ.png

Been a bit busy so skipped a few days of doing these. I could have worked longer on the mountains in the background but decided against it. Trying not to spend too much time on these sketches for now lol.

Thanks guys.

Good to see I'm at least improving, haha. It can be frustrating starting with an entire new style. Also not sure why I'm sticking with a night-time theme for now, I think it's because I don't want to really do clouds or anything ;p.

I like it :)

Any reason why they're all so small?

I like working on a small canvas while I'm still learning. For some reason a large canvas can really be daunting, especially when you're sort of just sketching.

I think the snow could use a bit more shading. Although I can see a bit of form, it still looks pretty flat to me. Snow can be pretty difficult. I would recommend working in some blueish grey for some shadows.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah I've been having a bit of an issue shading sometimes.

I'm thinking my next scene I'm going to try and set up some perspective lines or something. I feel like everything is sort of on the same perspective currently and that isn't even correct.

A little behind eh, Nad? Hahaha

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.