My goodness, this is a completely different game...

koddo1

I think time just seems to be moving so fast, it seems like many new updates at once. I mean it's already 6 months since Dungeoneering and it feels like 3 weeks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I came back after a year, and the three biggest changes I noticed was the herblore, prayer and dungeoneering updates, which have changed how people slay and kill bosses. Also in that year, so many more people seem to be maxed, or have really high combat.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Hmm idk, some 'new' things are pretty wow-like. E.G. hp changed from 99 to 990, and the minigame skill *cough* I mean dungeoneering (similar to 'raiding' so I hear?). Since MMG has played Wow I think he sometimes compares RS to other successful mmorpg's, although hopefully it won't become wowscape. Runescape is unique in its own right - it didn't make guiness world records for nothing ya know ;)

2vuhgcn.png

Hmm idk, some 'new' things are pretty wow-like. E.G. hp changed from 99 to 990, and the minigame skill *cough* I mean dungeoneering (similar to 'raiding' so I hear?). Since MMG has played Wow I think he sometimes compares RS to other successful mmorpg's, although hopefully it won't become wowscape. Runescape is unique in its own right - it didn't make guiness world records for nothing ya know ;)

Stop [bleep]ing using WoW as an example when you've never played it. First of all, my 80 Shaman has 22,483 HP right now. If I do less than 7k damage-per-second i'm considered a scrub. Ya, definitely sounds like Runescape to me. :rolleyes:

Second, raids in WoW are nothing like Dungeoneering. Dungeoneering is classic dungeon crawling (Diablo, Torchlight, etc), while WoW has large, static raids that focus on long, epic boss battles - theres no resources, no usage of skills, no exploration, no puzzles, etc. The fact that you think Dungoneering even remotely resembles WoW is hilarious, and the fact that you don't even know Dungeoneering's true inspiration shows your ignorance and lack of gaming knowledge in general.

Too many kids like you get away with publishing falsehoods that ultimately get accepted as truth because either no one here has played WoW or the ones who have are too shy to speak up. Stop posting on a forum if you cant be bothered to fact-check what you type. This isn't a chatroom. Stop treating this like your toilet, you can't just spew your feces and not expect to be accountable for it.

If you're not gonna have respect for Jagex then at least have respect for yourself. Don't present yourself as an ignoramus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to get nasty, and I wasn't bashing WOW. I was simply saying I hope both games stay true to themselves. Also the HP reference was to the fact that 99 health was multiplied by 10 - which is UNHEARD of for Runescape's standards. Your example of 22,483 health in WOW is a perfect example here, as I was pointing out 990 health in Runescape is just plain weird, and should stay in other successful mmorpg's where more health is deemed to be normal. Anyways I'm not here to stir [cabbage]aki mushrooms, I was simply discussing the topic. If some thought of it differently, then that's their problem.

Either way it's a shame I have to resort to adding people to my ignore list here on Tipit. I don't need to be treated like that, especially with the refernce to feces - just for stating my opinion in a dignified manner. Good luck to everyone else stating your point of view :(

2vuhgcn.png

No need to get nasty, and I wasn't bashing WOW. I was simply saying I hope both games stay true to themselves. Also the HP reference was to the fact that 99 health was multiplied by 10 - which is UNHEARD of for Runescape's standards. Your example of 22,483 health in WOW is a perfect example here, as I was pointing out 990 health in Runescape is just plain weird, and should stay in other successful mmorpg's where more health is deemed to be normal. Anyways I'm not here to stir [cabbage]aki mushrooms, I was simply discussing the topic. If some thought of it differently, then that's their problem.

Either way it's a shame I have to resort to adding people to my ignore list here on Tipit. I don't need to be treated like that, especially with the refernce to feces - just for stating my opinion in a dignified manner. Good luck to everyone else stating your point of view :(

The new health system is to make it more interesting for the newer players, as hitting nothing but 0's and 1's can be extremely dull, and although I miss the old hitpoints system occasionally, I can understand and apreciate why Jagex did this. Also it does open up combat ever so slightly. Eventually, this new health thing will be deemed normal if it's not already, which I'm sure by this point in time most people, myself included are now used to.

I don't need to be treated like that, especially with the refernce to feces - just for stating my opinion in a dignified manner. Good luck to everyone else stating your point of view

Yes, you did need that, because you said stupid [cabbage] without fact-checking and now you're trying to say that it was a dignified opinion that deserved respect.

What a joke. I didn't respond to anyone else in this thread for a reason.

Also the HP reference was to the fact that 99 health was multiplied by 10 - which is UNHEARD of for Runescape's standards

Every new update is "unheard of". That's why its NEW. Your argument makes no sense, please stop trying.

I was pointing out 990 health in Runescape is just plain weird

Great point, your intellect is astounding. *Sigh* Message boards need an IQ test during registration.

And I give your arguments no respect because all they are is a string of one ad hominem after another. They aren't necessary; you could have said what you wanted without insulting people.

OT: I think that it is a little better than 6 months ago. I rather liked the HP update just because when I started making a range pure I could see that leveling it up was actually accomplishing something; I knew that it was helping, but sometimes it helps to have slightly more tangible results. Dungeoneering was fun too, but the experience cap really sucks. And as for CW, instead of just listening to people's oppinions, why not get a month of membership, and try it out for yourself? If you like it, congratulations, you just got back (what I assume to be) your favorite minigame, and if you don't, then you have a month to level up or whatever before you go back to F2P if you so desire.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

And I give your arguments no respect because all they are is a string of one ad hominem after another. They aren't necessary; you could have said what you wanted without insulting people.

I insult people because I don't tolerate morons. I don't care if i'm not nice, i'm not trying to make friends on a Runescape message board. Being politically correct might get you far in life, but on the internet it's truth vs truth.

If people aren't going to give the respect of fact-checking their material, i'm not going to give the respect of being nice. At the end of the day, no one really cares anyway. If this community took debate and discussion as seriously as I do (and some other forum members that I appreciate), then we wouldn't be seeing so many idiotic posts in the first place.

Hey Koddo, despite the negativity in the first few comments about the Castle Wars updates, the updates in question were intended to reward veterans of the minigame, which I would guess you were, judging by your Kite.

If you can remember - How many tickets did you leave with? There are now 4 sets of armor, with the 4th being a rune equivalent and granting +25% damage while in Castle Wars! This is massive, especially when you consider that this stacks with extra damage on flagbearers and that the armor also protects you from the catapult which is somewhat overpowered on large games.

2dgucz6.png

The biggest aspect of castle wars that I hate now is the themed worlds. I believed those killed the atmosphere, I remember w99 and bronzeberg being dominant in most of the matches I played. I wasn't very good at that point but it was much more fun dealing with less people and I actually knew some of them.

Low_C.png

Hey Koddo, despite the negativity in the first few comments about the Castle Wars updates, the updates in question were intended to reward veterans of the minigame, which I would guess you were, judging by your Kite.

If you can remember - How many tickets did you leave with? There are now 4 sets of armor, with the 4th being a rune equivalent and granting +25% damage while in Castle Wars! This is massive, especially when you consider that this stacks with extra damage on flagbearers and that the armor also protects you from the catapult which is somewhat overpowered on large games.

I had around 6K tickets when I left. For me it's not the rewards or anything that matters really besides the high level gameplay. So if that's messed up, then eh. I don't even have my combat account anymore anyways.

And lol at bronze dominating a world =P

cwscore2.jpg

I had around 6K tickets when I left. For me it's not the rewards or anything that matters really besides the high level gameplay. So if that's messed up, then eh. I don't even have my combat account anymore anyways.

And lol at bronze dominating a world =P

Oohoo but that's the deal! - The rewards improve the gameplay! Here's a vid for you:

And you can definitely afford the pieces you need with that many tickets.

2dgucz6.png

I know how the OP feels. I never stopped playing and I'm still surprised by some of the updates I don't notice (because I don't generally read the patch notes).

For example, I had no idea that the Fishing Guild was updated with a new look until a few weeks ago, although it was updated with Fish Flingers back in March. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Gargoyles now have "smash" options on them, which apparently occurred back in November 2009. I'm also aiming for the fully upgraded slayer helmet, as I was not aware that there was an upgrade after adding the nosepeg+mask, with the targeting system etc.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The biggest aspect of castle wars that I hate now is the themed worlds. I believed those killed the atmosphere, I remember w99 and bronzeberg being dominant in most of the matches I played. I wasn't very good at that point but it was much more fun dealing with less people and I actually knew some of them.

Hear hear.

CW was my favourite minigame, but I've not played it at all since coming back six months ago. It's now basically a contest of who can pile most ancients and the worlds are so packed you can't do anything to stop it.

Going onto w99 and playing against other TIFers had some charm to it. It's a shame Jagex ruined that too.

Last I checked, you don't HAVE to use theme worlds o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Removed a lot of the arguing, if people want to post, be respectful even if somebody has a differing idea to you. Or if you think somebody has said something out of line, REPORT the post, don't respond.

On topic, Themed worlds really did kill cw for fun games. Themed worlds are too crammed with people to have communities evolve around them, and un-themed worlds are usually too empty to even get a game started. On the topic of the update, I personally have not been on since before it happened, but from what I hear on CWC, the catapults and ballistas are OP in themed worlds too. Add to this the fact that in the modern game, you now need to be a billionaire to have any chance at having decent enough gear to have an impact, the game has lost a lot of its feeling for those who used to play the game as their main focus in RS. Many of the famous faces have moved on and left.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

On topic, Themed worlds really did kill cw for fun games. Blah Blah Blah.

Give me a break, I doubt you have even played it since they made the changes.

The only thing they screwed up was the high score table.

Overall, they made a few changes that reward the average player (aka the castlewars pker) and the stacker clowns cry.

You don't need billions to play.

It doesn't cost much more to play today than it did in 2006.

Barrows is about the same price and ice barrage is probably even cheaper.

If you mean the spirit shields, well they aren't that good.

PVP armour and weapons are cute but don't really matter that much except for say miasmic barrage from zuriels staff.

Choatic items of similar quality are free.

Frankly, today's beasts of the game wear the profound armour set.

That by the way is earned through countless hours of castle wars combat which is quite fitting.

Finally, themed worlds were a blessing to castle wars.

It was all but dead in worlds other than the crowded ones at the top of the list like 2 & 6.

So no more try and try again to log on to world 6.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol