My goodness, this is a completely different game...

koddo1

On topic, Themed worlds really did kill cw for fun games. Blah Blah Blah.

Give me a break, I doubt you have even played it since they made the changes.

The only thing they screwed up was the high score table.

Overall, they made a few changes that reward the average player (aka the castlewars pker) and the stacker clowns cry.

You don't need billions to play.

It doesn't cost much more to play today than it did in 2006.

Barrows is about the same price and ice barrage is probably even cheaper.

If you mean the spirit shields, well they aren't that good.

PVP armour and weapons are cute but don't really matter that much except for say miasmic barrage from zuriels staff.

Choatic items of similar quality are free.

Frankly, today's beasts of the game wear the profound armour set.

That by the way is earned through countless hours of castle wars combat which is quite fitting.

Finally, themed worlds were a blessing to castle wars.

It was all but dead in worlds other than the crowded ones at the top of the list like 2 & 6.

So no more try and try again to log on to world 6.

For one, thankyou for not even reading my post except one part which seems to make you rage.

On the topic of the update, I personally have not been on since before it happened

Now, for the rest, maybe I should go through point by point?

First off, to play seriously and actually have an impact, like koddo used to do very well, you need buckets of money. Prayer and summoning are two major areas where you do need a hefty chunk of money to play. Even herblore, as I say I have not played for a fair amount of time, but I think you may even be able to use the top end potions in CW now. On gear, compared to maybe a year ago, no, the money has not gone up, but from 2006? If you think it hasn't you are kidding me. Your average pker may want to use the reward armour, but a serious player won't. Mellee armour is the worst thing to wear in CW. (I will put a video at the end, please tell me how many of these beasts you see wearing the reward armour) The best gear for CW takes hours of non CW to attain, which for players who play mainly for it, means it is almost impossible to compete. Compare modern war gear to that of around 2006. You would often be wearing karils and maybe have one part of a mellee brother's armour. You would have infinity boots, fury and later on wands and mage's books. This would altogether cost under 15m. Compare that to today's armour, Armadyl is a must have, with fury's still used, but third age amulets the most sought after. Then you have spirit shields which are used by the elite players, but are widely used. It can all add up to being in the hundreds of millions. Also adding on godswords, dragon claws etc, the cost can undeniably be more than 06.

Castle wars was also definitely not all but dead on worlds other than the higher numbered ones. If you had been playing CW seriously at the time, you would know this. I can with a whole lot of confidence say that many worlds, world 60, world 64, world 99, world 70, world 54 were all active worlds, and there have been various incarnations of world 129. And those were only the ones I personally played on, there would be countless others having active games. Honestly, that you use world 2 even as an example makes me want to hang my head. Some great clans did indeed come from world 6, so I'm not going to discount it, but it was by no means the main world for a long time. Now however, apart from themed worlds, it is almost impossible to get a game going. Themed worlds are so crowded, communities cannot spring up around them, which has lead to a massivle decline in castle wars clans over the last few years. The best places for clans to spring up were worlds with around 5-10 regulars, who would within themselves for a community. This is in my opinion, the major reason for the downfall of the community around CW.

Here's a video by the way, please show me the reward armour here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Cs1k0pB28&fmt=22

I may not have played CW in a while, but I don't like to be schooled by those who think they know more than me on a subject which my playing was centred on for a good 5 years, and one which I still keep up to date on through CWC.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't cost much more to play today than it did in 2006.

Barrows is about the same price and ice barrage is probably even cheaper.

[/Quote]

I find this quite interesting. The only barrows I see people use at CW is Ahrim, and seldom Karil's. Both of these sets have risen a LOT from 2006. Karil's leathertop 6m in 2006? I don't think so buddy. The only thing that was 6m+ in 2006 of barrows was Guthan's spear.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I remember that sig :D

I'm in the same exact situation and I totally know how you feel. Overall I think the changes have made for an entirely new game, and when I got p2p last week my mind was blown. It's great. :thumbsup:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

welcome to wowscape

WoW isn't even a tenth of the skill-less grind Runescape is.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Danq is so right about everything there :) Themed worlds killed cw. No sane castle warer uses profound for anything except maybe pk def on rare occasions. You have to have the top gear to try to compete now with high stats.

Missed you Koddo, don't go back now though if castle wars is the only thing you want, I just quit because castle wars is boring. Bronze still dominating!

But yeah Runescape isn't what it used to be, and to me it has gotten worse over this last year especially.

helbovie.png

Well I don't know how runescape be before since I just played for 2 months, but overall this is the nice game to play =]

It also gives me some sense of community to play, quite joyful to play with others

Also, welcome back

Keep on!!

Everything will be fine =]

Started in 20/8/10

Go membership 28/8/10

1500 total 16/10/10

1600 total 31/10/10

1700 total 26/11/10

kagamin_hi.png

BUT now don't play over the real-time work!

Love recognising so many old CW names on this topic, and I completely agree with everything Danqazmlp said about CW being ruined by themed worlds.

I miss the days where I'd log on to W99 CW and know i'd be able to have a decent game everytime no matter what time of day, you'd get to know the names of regular players and as said communities would evolve around the world, it's what kept me playing the game for so long. and it was rare that I'd ever go into the larger worlds (2 or 6), since those kind of games are nowhere near as much fun.

OT though: Hi Koddo.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

I stopped playing this game a year or so ago, and have come back now to find it just a completely different game.

Koddo, Same here! I had left for a couple of years.. and whammy! lol I have played this game off and on for a better part of 6 years now and the largest changes seemed to have happen in the last two.

They don't use because they aren't trying to kill anything.

They just freeze and try not be frozen.

I mean really is dclaws with arma supposed to be trying?

I may not have played CW in a while, but I don't like to be schooled by those who think they know more than me on a subject which my playing was centred on for a good 5 years, and one which I still keep up to date on through CWC.

And I haven't played for that long? Ha keep dreaming.

The difference between you and me is that your a stacker and I'm the castlewar pker.

You hold the flag outside your castle. I kill you and the next person who picks it up where you died and any other person on the screen who thinks they don't deserve to die.

You stack one side so you can win over and over. I stack cades on the stair side door of my respawn room so the stacked team isn't mine for long, so I can have some fun targets to hunt.

You drop cades as you run away with the flag because you can't tank. I come to your castle and tank half your team while hunting robes.

Jagex makes some simple updates for my emergent gaming. You quit. Funny how that works. :lol:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

communities cannot spring up around them, which has lead to a massivle decline in castle wars clans over the last few years. The best places for clans to spring up were worlds with around 5-10 regulars, who would within themselves for a community. This is in my opinion, the major reason for the downfall of the community around CW.

See i just randomly play a castle wars game everynow and then to blow some burst runes for a little fun, i give no heed to the community side of it.

O.O

They don't use because they aren't trying to kill anything.

They just freeze and try not be frozen.

I mean really is dclaws with arma supposed to be trying?

And I haven't played for that long? Ha keep dreaming.

The difference between you and me is that your a stacker and I'm the castlewar pker.

You hold the flag outside your castle. I kill you and the next person who picks it up where you died and any other person on the screen who thinks they don't deserve to die.

You stack one side so you can win over and over. I stack cades on the stair side door of my respawn room so the stacked team isn't mine for long, so I can have some fun targets to hunt.

You drop cades as you run away with the flag because you can't tank. I come to your castle and tank half your team while hunting robes.

Jagex makes some simple updates for my emergent gaming. You quit. Funny how that works. :lol:

Oh boy, sorry but now your argument is not applicable to this situation. You seem to simply be winging about people who can play the game better than you.

communities cannot spring up around them, which has lead to a massivle decline in castle wars clans over the last few years. The best places for clans to spring up were worlds with around 5-10 regulars, who would within themselves for a community. This is in my opinion, the major reason for the downfall of the community around CW.

See i just randomly play a castle wars game everynow and then to blow some burst runes for a little fun, i give no heed to the community side of it.

That's fine, a lot of people do just play for random games every now and then. However, for a lot of people, castle wars was one of the only reasons they played this game. It is a very unique take on capture the flag with a lot of strategy and skill required to play it at the highest level. The communities which grew around it were the driving force behind so many clans and so many people playing the game. Worlds were still there for players to drop by and play games of all sizes, from the large mass games of world 6, to the smaller more challenging games on world 99. What Jagex did with themed castle wars worlds was to add something which already existed, while destroying what many people played for.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^