What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

What is everyone's favorite Stephen King book? I've read The Shining and It, and I'm not sure which I'd like to read when I next get the chance.

I've only read The Dark Tower series by King. It was good overall, but it definitely had its low points. 1st book good, 2nd great, 3rd meh, 4th backstory, 5th pretty boring, 6th meh, 7th pretty good. Hell of an ending, as well.

My mom (a big reader) recommends The Stand. Whenever Stephen King comes up, she always avidly suggests that one.

Yeah, The Stand tends to be the one that comes up the most from people who've read much of his stuff. I'm surprised The Shining doesn't come up more, I thought it was very good. I've also been planning on getting Dark Tower 1 for a while.

Fantasy mood, so percy jackson ATM. Finish them each in like a half day. Just re-read harry potter. Also reading the walking drum by l lamour for the 4 or 5th time.

As for king, I read The Dome. It was decent. Prob won't read again.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Finished HP3 today.. now onto Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This used to be my favourite one :P Probably up until the sixth book came out.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Finished HP3 today.. now onto Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This used to be my favourite one :P Probably up until the sixth book came out.

Sixth book was too dark for me. Didn't like the fifth either, seemed like Rowling lost her touch. Was disappointed in the third when ... forget it. No more spoilers here. Anyhow, fourth and first seemed the most magical.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sixth book was too dark for me. Didn't like the fifth either, seemed like Rowling lost her touch. Was disappointed in the third when ... forget it. No more spoilers here. Anyhow, fourth and first seemed the most magical.

I think the dark, intense aspects of the book are why I did like it :P Rereading 1-3 they just seem so much like childrens' books. Maybe they are more magical but the fact that they seemed to be directed at a much younger audience made them less interesting to me.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I think the dark, intense aspects of the book are why I did like it :P Rereading 1-3 they just seem so much like childrens' books. Maybe they are more magical but the fact that they seemed to be directed at a much younger audience made them less interesting to me.

Its like she's tossing my childhood out the window with 5-7.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Just finished reading Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex. The Artemis Fowl series is an easy read but the characters just work so well together it makes the books really enjoyable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an eighth book!

Well that's essentially what happens to Harry.

[spoiler=Spoilers!]Voldemort returns, taking away his childhood and replacing it with increasingly darker times. I actually thought the books got better as the series progressed with OotP being one of my favourites due to it being the turning point between a "lighter" and "darker" world.

Just finished reading Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex. The Artemis Fowl series is an easy read but the characters just work so well together it makes the books really enjoyable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an eighth book!

Well that's essentially what happens to Harry.

[spoiler=Spoilers!]Voldemort returns, taking away his childhood and replacing it with increasingly darker times. I actually thought the books got better as the series progressed with OotP being one of my favourites due to it being the turning point between a "lighter" and "darker" world.

Basically this - the innocence in the first ones deserts the stage quickly - although the first couple are hardly violence free.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Midsummer Night's Dream for AP Lit, picked up Zombies vs. Unicorns and have read a couple of the short stories in it (is anthology of epic authors writing about zombies or unicorns or zombies and unicorns; is epic :thumbsup: ).

I picked up An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin today, I plan to read it during the two weeks I'll be home during break.

I was looking through this at the bookstore the other day. I never knew he was such an accomplished author! Let us know how it is? :smile:

- - -

Still reading Memoirs of a Geisha, but I also started reading Prince Caspian after watching the newest Narnia film at work. :3 Really liking it so far, excited to finish it and start reading the next one!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

HP5 is probably my least favourite of the series too. Its movie adaptation wasn't particularly exciting either.

I just finished We Are All Made of Glue by Marina Lewycka. Was funny and enjoyable.

Now I'm reading 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade. Certainly not for the faint of mind :P

sweepsig.png

Currently reading The Eye of the World. Seems a good start to a series, even if it gets confusing at some points.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I started reading 'A Widow for One Year' by John Irving about two weeks ago. I was almost finished but had to return the book before leaving for China. (I issued it from a library in Hong Kong)

I'm glad that I'll be able to start reading it again once I get back to Hong Kong. What I've read so far is quite interesting.

Before that, I read 'The Handmaid's Tale', which I thought was pretty good. I don't think I've ever read a dystopian novel before (well, none that was memorable).

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Finally finished HP5 today. It took me ages because I got distracted/interrupted by becoming addicted to Fringe. I'll start book 6 later tonight.

Posted Image

Finally getting around to reading the Da Vinci Code. Read the beginning so far. Trying to see what all this fuss was about first hand. :P

The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and The Lost Symbol are all epic, imo :P Let us know how you like it.

Posted Image

Finally getting around to reading the Da Vinci Code. Read the beginning so far. Trying to see what all this fuss was about first hand. :P

The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and The Lost Symbol are all epic, imo :P Let us know how you like it.

I'll be sure to. Starting it slowly so far. :)

j0xPu5R.png