Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What book are you currently reading?

1097 replies to this topic

Dupin
[ Display Name History ]

Dupin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Finished Red Dragon last night. It was good. I look forward to Silence of the Lambs, which I'll probably get for Christmas.

I'll also ask for Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut and Stephen King's autobiography.

What is everyone's favorite Stephen King book? I've read The Shining and It, and I'm not sure which I'd like to read when I next get the chance.

Skeptical
[ Display Name History ]

Skeptical

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,906 posts
I just finished Wee Free Men by Pratchet (I've read it before, but it's been a while).

Their swords glow blue in the presence of lawyers.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."
Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
My siblings love prachet. Never like him much though.

Just read God is not great - How Religion poisons everything, The coming generational storm, and a bunch of boring technical books. Next on my list is The Rage Against God - How athiesm led me to faith.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tripsis
I just reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone :D I guess onto HP2 now.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
HP spoiler:

Harry Potter
spoiler

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

meol
[ Display Name History ]

meol

The Alchemist

• Members
  • 5,276 posts
Finished A Clockwork Orange (by Anthony Burgess) a while ago, and enjoyed it a lot. It's nice to read a dystopian novel focusing on the characters for a change.

And now for something completely different, I read How to See Yourself As You Really Are by Tenzin Gyatso. Let's see how this goes.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
I started Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets last night :lol: I should finish it tonight if I get enough time in.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
Tripsis, I'm reading Harry Potter for the first time right now. I'm currently on the third one. I'm trying to read through them before the eighth movie comes out.

And to anyone who cares, I haven't watched the movies either. I decided my plan of attack is Movie, Book, Movie, Book, because that way I wouldn't be disappointed by the movies and appreciate the books still because it fills all the cracks the movies left out. It's been working for me so far, if only I could have more time to read...
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
Hard to believe that you haven't read them or seen the movies :lol: But movie first and book second is a good way to go about it. That's what I always recommend for any book that has been turned into a movie if you want to enjoy them both.
Posted Image

Mr_Adam
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Adam

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • RSN:admant45

What is everyone's favorite Stephen King book? I've read The Shining and It, and I'm not sure which I'd like to read when I next get the chance.

I've only read The Dark Tower series by King. It was good overall, but it definitely had its low points. 1st book good, 2nd great, 3rd meh, 4th backstory, 5th pretty boring, 6th meh, 7th pretty good. Hell of an ending, as well.

My mom (a big reader) recommends The Stand. Whenever Stephen King comes up, she always avidly suggests that one.

Dupin
[ Display Name History ]

Dupin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

I've only read The Dark Tower series by King. It was good overall, but it definitely had its low points. 1st book good, 2nd great, 3rd meh, 4th backstory, 5th pretty boring, 6th meh, 7th pretty good. Hell of an ending, as well.

My mom (a big reader) recommends The Stand. Whenever Stephen King comes up, she always avidly suggests that one.

Yeah, The Stand tends to be the one that comes up the most from people who've read much of his stuff. I'm surprised The Shining doesn't come up more, I thought it was very good. I've also been planning on getting Dark Tower 1 for a while.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer
Fantasy mood, so percy jackson ATM. Finish them each in like a half day. Just re-read harry potter. Also reading the walking drum by l lamour for the 4 or 5th time.

As for king, I read The Dome. It was decent. Prob won't read again.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
Finished HP3 today.. now onto Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This used to be my favourite one :P Probably up until the sixth book came out.
Posted Image

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts

Finished HP3 today.. now onto Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This used to be my favourite one :P Probably up until the sixth book came out.

Sixth book was too dark for me. Didn't like the fifth either, seemed like Rowling lost her touch. Was disappointed in the third when ... forget it. No more spoilers here. Anyhow, fourth and first seemed the most magical.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Just started the first again today. Haven't read it in YEARS, and I needed to kill 10 minutes before class.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts

Sixth book was too dark for me. Didn't like the fifth either, seemed like Rowling lost her touch. Was disappointed in the third when ... forget it. No more spoilers here. Anyhow, fourth and first seemed the most magical.

I think the dark, intense aspects of the book are why I did like it :P Rereading 1-3 they just seem so much like childrens' books. Maybe they are more magical but the fact that they seemed to be directed at a much younger audience made them less interesting to me.
Posted Image

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts

I think the dark, intense aspects of the book are why I did like it :P Rereading 1-3 they just seem so much like childrens' books. Maybe they are more magical but the fact that they seemed to be directed at a much younger audience made them less interesting to me.

Its like she's tossing my childhood out the window with 5-7.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • RSN:Gandorf61
Just finished reading Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex. The Artemis Fowl series is an easy read but the characters just work so well together it makes the books really enjoyable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an eighth book!

Well that's essentially what happens to Harry.

Spoilers!

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Just finished reading Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex. The Artemis Fowl series is an easy read but the characters just work so well together it makes the books really enjoyable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an eighth book!

Well that's essentially what happens to Harry.

Spoilers!

Basically this - the innocence in the first ones deserts the stage quickly - although the first couple are hardly violence free.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hawks
[ Display Name History ]

Hawks

The Goalie

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,963 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Hawk0078
Midsummer Night's Dream for AP Lit, picked up Zombies vs. Unicorns and have read a couple of the short stories in it (is anthology of epic authors writing about zombies or unicorns or zombies and unicorns; is epic :thumbsup: ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users