Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What book are you currently reading?

• Please log in to reply
1097 replies to this topic

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
Mars Life by Ben Bova. Liking it a lot so far. :-) Been a while since I've read some good sci-fi.

Posted Image

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

().-.
[ Display Name History ]

().-.

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Posted Image

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
just finished Stephen Fry's Moab is my washpot. Now reading The Casual Vacancy and enjoying it so far.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
I just started Renegade by J.A. Souders. Really enjoying it so far!

Posted Image
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
Finished halo: thursday war. Was great and some great potential spoilers for halo's 4-6. Gonna need to wait till next pay check to get the game though.

Think i'll start Pariah: ravenor vs eisenhorn from warhammer 40k next.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
I just finished reading Doomed by Tracy Deebs. It was FREAKING AMAZING. Awesome book for gamers who like a bit of sci-fi apocalypse adventure.

Posted Image

Now I'm reading Prophecy by Ellen Oh. I've only just started it, but so far I'm a little unsure... but only because I'm not sure I'm in the mood for high fantasy right now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Reading Ellis' Invisible Man for AP Lit right now.

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dougymc
  • RSN2:Doug M
I'm slowly re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring... Slowly... It's been 2 months since I started it, I'm on chapter 5...

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts
Finished reading a book called Alice In Zombieland - I forget the author right now, though. It was seriously good, and I cant wait for the next book in the series.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts

Finished reading a book called Alice In Zombieland - I forget the author right now, though. It was seriously good, and I cant wait for the next book in the series.

Ohh by Gena Showalter. I've been considering reading that for a while now. :P I've heard good and bad things about it. From what I gather, as long as you accept that it's not really a cold-blooded-killing zombie Alice in Wonderland retelling, you'll really enjoy it. I want to read it at some point. :P

And the cover... soooo pretty!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts
Yeah, that'd be the one. You really should read it :P

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
The long wait is over..!

Reading Red Country by Joe Abercrombie. So excited!! I messed up and thought it was being published on October 26, but of course that was the UK release date... have been anxiously counting down the days until it was released in the USA - today! I'm only 51 pages into it, but it's only getting better and better with each page. Reminds me why I love Joe Abercrombie's work.

Posted Image

On an unrelated note, I'm also in a bit of a predicament. A week or two ago, I posted that I was reading Ben Bova's Mars Life. I saw it on the shelf at a used book store, it looked interesting so I bought it and started reading it. I'm about 20% of the way through (100 pages in) and today at Barnes and Noble... I noticed that Bova actually has a book called Mars that is the PREQUEL to this book. I'm not sure if I should finish reading the second book... or stop, buy and read the first book, and then continue reading the second.

I've never accidentally started reading the second book in a series before and it's quite troublesome. :|

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
Unfortunately Prophecy wasn't great. It took me a while to get through it. I'm glad to be moving on.

Has anyone here read Incarnate by Jodi Meadows?

Posted Image

I ended up with an advanced copy of the second book--Asunder--but I haven't read Incarnate yet. It gets a lot of mixed reviews.. It seems like people either love it (4 or 5 stars) or hate it (1 star). I'm a little scared about starting it lol. I'd love more opinions though if anyone has read it.

For now, I'm starting Bared to You by Sylvia Day, which is supposed to be the "so much better" version of 50 Shades of Grey. We'll see how this goes, considering I HATED 50 Shades.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I've been reading a lot of food-related books recently.

- Hungry City - How Food Shapes Our Lives, Carolyn Steel
- Fast Food Nation - What the All-American Meal is Doing to the World, Eric Schlosser
- Stuffed & Starved - From Farm to Fork, the Hidden Battle for the World Food System, Raj Patel
- Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper - A sweet-sour memoir of eating in China, Fuschia Dunlop

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts

Hahaha. :D There are a bunch of funny parodies floating around these days. I haven't read any but they look/sound lulz.
Posted Image

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Finished the casual vacancy. I liked it a lot, solid novel with good characters. The fact it came from JK Rowling doesn't really matter since its worlds apart from HP.

Starting on 1Q84, recommended by goodreads. Its a translated Japanese novel. Seems good so far a few chapters in. Having knowledge of Japanese culture means that its easier to immerse myself than when I read the Millennium series which had the slight problem of being jarring at times with references I don't get.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I recently made a start on reading the Oz books (the original 14) with intent to read the Wicked books afterwards.

First time I've actually read Wizard of Oz (I mean I knew the story, just never read the actual book) enjoyed it a lot moving onto the second one now which is The Emerald City in Oz if memory serves.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

TheKoolKandy
[ Display Name History ]

TheKoolKandy

X-TET

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • RSN:Kandy
  • RSN2:DeKandyCakes
  • Clan:EoE
A while ago I realized I had no books to read and had heard people talking about the Wheel of Time books. I'm onto book 5 I believe and I've been really enjoying it, good to know there's quite a few more books to come. :D

Also looking forward to book 5 of The Gatekeepers, Oblivion, which is coming out April 1st. Originally thought it was going to be october but now it got pushed back. Still can't wait for it since I read the first book probably 7 years ago.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
Right now I'm reading The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. It's... okay.. I think. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I was kind of hoping it'd be ground breaking and amazing and un-put-down-able. I feel like I don't really know where it's headed. It's not exactly bad though. Meh.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users