Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What book are you currently reading?

• Please log in to reply
1097 replies to this topic

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

Last Wheel of Time came out yesterday...even though my brother bought it and I'll get it after him (though that could be a few weeks depending on when I see him next) I'm seriously considering buying it just to be able to read it NOW :P

is it the last, last book or has robert jordan's family decided yet if they want to also start work on the prequel series that robert had planned?

Ummm no idea actually...I haven't heard about that.

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy

Last Wheel of Time came out yesterday...even though my brother bought it and I'll get it after him (though that could be a few weeks depending on when I see him next) I'm seriously considering buying it just to be able to read it NOW :P

is it the last, last book or has robert jordan's family decided yet if they want to also start work on the prequel series that robert had planned?

Harriet said that they don't plan on doing any sequels or prequels. The only other WoT related thing to be published is an encyclopaedia.

To answer the OP, I am of course reading A Memory of Light :P

Asmodean <3

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Gonna start reading casual vacancy by J.K. Rollling (cbf trying to properly spell her name), and then the third book in the Jack Reacher series.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Crocefisso
[ Display Name History ]

Crocefisso

Il Barone

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
Starting with Republic of Wine once I have free time. Given that its author won the Nobel last year, I expect it to deliver the goods.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
Started Return to Mars by Ben Bova. So happy I discovered him... Mars was a great book, hopefully this one will be as good!

Posted Image

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

This, like many others. I'm trying not to finish it in a day like I usually do, because I need something to read between classes... It's much harder to put down than it should be :cry: .

Also got a kindle, which I used to read Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker a week or so ago, as it's free and I can't really do anything else with it without registering a credit card. Can't be bothered to do that yet.

Gradeskip
[ Display Name History ]

Gradeskip

The Gradeskipper

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • RSN:Zr
  • RSN2:Gradeskip
  • Clan:Gold Skillers, FnL
Currently reading : Electrical Engineering bla bla bla

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

lizzywizzy
[ Display Name History ]

lizzywizzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • RSN:lizzy_wizzy
I have just finished reading revenge of the homecoming queen by stephanie hale.

I currently have two books on the go -

"And that's when it fell off in my hand" by Louise Rennison
Jenny Pox by JL Bryan.

I have about 30 books on my kindle that I havn't started reading yet, but I have quite a bit of traveling coming up so I'll use that time to get more reading in.

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

This, like many others. I'm trying not to finish it in a day like I usually do, because I need something to read between classes... It's much harder to put down than it should be :cry: .

Also got a kindle, which I used to read Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker a week or so ago, as it's free and I can't really do anything else with it without registering a credit card. Can't be bothered to do that yet.

It's free? Dangit I just shelled out a few bucks to buy that maybe two weeks earlier :P

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
I just finished reading Pivot Point by Kasie West.

Posted Image

It's one of the most incredible and carefully crafted books I've ever read. The main character, Addie, is able to "Search" into her future and examine two different paths. Basically when she is presented with a choice, she can look at the outcome of each of the two different options and see exactly how they will play out. So when her parents decide to get a divorce, she Searches into her future so she can decide which parent she should live with.

The way the two different paths intertwine is just amazing and genius. The end had a bit of a Heroes vibe to it as well. I freaking loved this book!!
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Z_Berenice
[ Display Name History ]

Z_Berenice

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • RSN:ZBeren
Reading La Vita Nuova for God knows what time now, used to read it daily and carry it around.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
Finished Fahrenheit 451 about a week ago.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
Currently reading Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe by Jane Goodall.

Posted Image

Such an interesting book, I'm about halfway through it at this point. It's a follow-up to her book In the Shadow of Man, but Barnes & Noble didn't have a copy so I have to order it and couldn't wait to read this one.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
Posted Image

Got this book for Christmas. Just started reading it, and it's really interesting so far.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

That's number one on my reading list right now, followed by The Giver. I'm basically just picking random books from Wikipedia's list of dystopian literature.

While not normally a huge fan of most dystopia, the Giver is quite excellent in my opinion. I remember my mother reading that one to me when I was little (that would have been around when I was 10 though), and the fact I can actually remember most of the book as read to me by her counts as high praise. It's one of only a small handful I remember in so much detail.

If you like it, there are apparently 3 more books (the fourth came out last year, just finding out about it now). I've read the next one, Gather Blue a few times, and it is easily my favourite of the three I read, and I think I need to read Messenger (#3) again, as I've forgotten too much of it now. Once I'm back up to speed, I need to read Son.

And speaking of books that were read to me that I really enjoyed, the Dark is Rising series (fantasy) is one of my two favourite series from childhood, along with the Shadow Children series (dystopian). My all time favourite series though has to go to The Belgariad and the continuation of the series in the Mallorean. And maybe someday I'll find out how to correctly pronounce words such as Ctuchik (eventually I just started dropping the C for all the words like that, except for Cthol which I pronounce as see-thoul), and Sthiss, the pronunciation of which I think I actually have worked out, but which cannot possibly be conveyed with the English alphabet due to a lack of letters describing snake sounds. Imagine trying to hiss while saying "thiss" (as in "three".)

MPM
[ Display Name History ]

MPM

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • RSN:MPM

That's number one on my reading list right now, followed by The Giver. I'm basically just picking random books from Wikipedia's list of dystopian literature.

I'm a huge fan of dystopian stories.
I would suggest that you read We by Zamyatin. It was written well before 1984 and Brave new world, and some people think those books took elements from it.
Also, pretty much anything by Margaret Atwood is good. I really liked The handmaids tale.
The Long Walk and The Running Man by Stephen King are pretty good.
A quick, easy read is Feed by M.T. Anderson.
And a really good anthology is "Brave New Worlds".

As for the Giver, I have a question for the people who have read it. Spoilers of the end of the book.

End of the story spoiler

~M

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

I'm a huge fan of dystopian stories.
I would suggest that you read We by Zamyatin. It was written well before 1984 and Brave new world, and some people think those books took elements from it.
Also, pretty much anything by Margaret Atwood is good. I really liked The handmaids tale.
The Long Walk and The Running Man by Stephen King are pretty good.
A quick, easy read is Feed by M.T. Anderson.
And a really good anthology is "Brave New Worlds".

As for the Giver, I have a question for the people who have read it. Spoilers of the end of the book.

End of the story spoiler

Spoilers for The Giver

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users