Jagex's new bot punishment: Level resetting

The_Gabe

Not everyone, but that's the reality for the vast majority. And I never said I was cool, you did. But who am I to disagree?

Source?

I'll provide you with a source if you first provide me with evidence to the contrary.

Burden of proof is on you. You're claiming that the majority of people who don't bot are no-lifers. I've made no claim. You now have to prove your claim.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone, but that's the reality for the vast majority. And I never said I was cool, you did. But who am I to disagree?

Source?

I'll provide you with a source if you first provide me with evidence to the contrary.

Burden of proof is on you. You're claiming that the majority of people who don't bot are no-lifers. I've made no claim. You now have to prove your claim.

I was responding to this claim:

You assume you're cool because you've decided in your head anyone that doesn't bot, must no life and not go outside.

By your logic he should be the one to show some proof. Otherwise the statement does not hold.

Source?

You assume you're cool because you've decided in your head anyone that doesn't bot, must no life and not go outside.

By your logic he should be the one to show some proof. Otherwise your statement does not hold.

He was stating what he assumed you held to be true, and you confirmed his assumption. I'm now asking you to prove that assumption to be correct. Surely you can provide evidence, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous claim, correct?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Source?

By your logic he should be the one to show some proof. Otherwise your statement does not hold.

He was stating what he assumed you held to be true, and you confirmed his assumption. I'm now asking you to prove that assumption to be correct. Surely you can provide evidence, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous claim, correct?

That statement was in reference to making a maxed pure in a matter of months, legit. Scroll up a bit. Now why don't you play rs for 20+ hrs a day (which is the only way to make an account like that in such a short period of time) and report back to me with the status of your social life afterwards :thumbup:

I think this can come down to efficiency.

Because when you bot, you're 100% efficient as you're playing when you're not playing.

How much more efficient can you get, right?

:wall:

My assumption was on the basis of you saying to get to be like you, one must go outside and step away from the computer. Hence, assuming anyone that plays the game legit, doesn't do those things and hence, cannot be as cool as you.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Because when you bot, you're 100% efficient as you're playing when you're not playing.

You can only play so many games of sw an hour, whether legit or not. And in many cases mining and superheating are faster botting then doing it legit, re the account's other non combat stats. While considering efficiency, can you maintain it consistently at the same level over long periods of time? No need to eat, don't get tired, no need for washroom, etc?

My assumption was on the basis of you saying to get to be like you, one must go outside and step away from the computer. Hence, assuming anyone that plays the game legit, doesn't do those things and hence, cannot be as cool as you.

Hence your assumption was invalid and I'm unsure why you're still pushing it forward.

You can only play so many games of sw an hour, whether legit or not. And in many cases mining and superheating are faster botting then doing it legit, re the account's other non combat stats. While considering efficiency, can you maintain it consistently at the same level over long periods of time? No need to eat, don't get tired, no need for washroom, etc?

Hence your assumption was invalid and I'm unsure why you're still pushing it forward.

If his assumption was invalid, why the hell did you say otherwise? Because you pretty much said exactly that, and now you claim otherwise? go troll the RSOF.

whatever.

Bots are annoying. Not really while they are botting, but when the 12 year old who buys the acc gets on, thats when they are annoying.

pere_grin.png

SO are they actually resetting? Or was this just sailing 2010 winter version?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I've personally seen a person wearing a woodcutting skillcape and quickchatting is woodcutting level in the low 20s, so I'm guessing this is plausible (or Jagex is doing something else wrong again).

Anyway, I think the only action to take it to permanently ban any and all bots, and start banning them sooner after it has been detected.

I also agree with this:

I think it somewhat encourages botting. If they catch you, try again.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I really can't be mad at JaGeX for not doing anything better. Nothing else has worked, no one else has any bright ideas. Maybe they're hoping they'll get lucky and the bots will just disappear after some random update. rolleyes.gif

I really can't be mad at JaGeX for not doing anything better. Nothing else has worked, no one else has any bright ideas. Maybe they're hoping they'll get lucky and the bots will just disappear after some random update. rolleyes.gif

That's the thing. Jagex are not in an easy position. Bots are not an easy thing to get rid of by any means. So many games have problems with them and I don't know of any which has managed to find a way to get rid of them effectively. Admittedly banning was a much better idea than stat wipes, but they are definitely running low on ideas.

With my limited knowledge of updates throwing bots off, All I can think of is doing some sort of daily server reset to at least slow them down.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Ok everyone. Jagex needs to stop level resetting, and get back to banning.

Look at this link. This shows the top xp gains for wc in the last 24 hours. Runetracker wc link

11 million woodcutting xp is impossible. By all means. The record before was 4M.

Now look at this: The players xp graph See the drastic drop in XP?

Jagex just lowered his xp down to level 79.

BUT LOOK AT THIS

Notice he got it back up to 99 INSTANTLY? Are you kidding me!? Seriously Jagex. Its time for you to man up and get out the ban hammer. Im flipping tired of seeing so many botters botting ivy. I feel like adding him to my friends list right now and yelling at him.

For the first time ever I even made a rant about it on the RSOF Quick find code: 248-249-569-61937624

kazmahalfsize.png

^ or they might have decided he wasn't botting after all and gave his stats back?

I dont believe that if anyone trains a certain skill the LEGIT way for a very long time, that they were botting.

runetracker says 11M xp in a day, and for the longest time ever 4M was the record. Hes not listed in the records for a week either. Technically 11M should be impossible in 24 hours, maybe even botting. So runetracker might of glitched or something because I guess he didn't log out for 24 hours. I guess.

kazmahalfsize.png

^ or they might have decided he wasn't botting after all and gave his stats back?

I dont believe that if anyone trains a certain skill the LEGIT way for a very long time, that they were botting.

runetracker says 11M xp in a day, and for the longest time ever 4M was the record. Hes not listed in the records for a week either. Technically 11M should be impossible in 24 hours, maybe even botting. So runetracker might of glitched or something because I guess he didn't log out for 24 hours. I guess.

Even if he tried to go for 24h straight he would have been kicked by the 6h autologger.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Ok everyone. Jagex needs to stop level resetting, and get back to banning.

Look at this link. This shows the top xp gains for wc in the last 24 hours. Runetracker wc link

11 million woodcutting xp is impossible. By all means. The record before was 4M.

Now look at this: The players xp graph See the drastic drop in XP?

Jagex just lowered his xp down to level 79.

BUT LOOK AT THIS

Notice he got it back up to 99 INSTANTLY? Are you kidding me!? Seriously Jagex. Its time for you to man up and get out the ban hammer. Im flipping tired of seeing so many botters botting ivy. I feel like adding him to my friends list right now and yelling at him.

For the first time ever I even made a rant about it on the RSOF Quick find code: 248-249-569-61937624

I'm not that familiar with the way Runetracker works but could this be the problem?

[hide]woodcuttingreset.png[/hide]

The player's Adventurer's Log and Highscores page do not match. One shows stats being reset and the other does not. Interestingly the player's rank is preserved although the experience points and level are lowered.

With regard to level resetting in general: To be honest I'm confused. We know that Jagex is resetting exp on botted accounts, yet Jagex continues to claims that this is the result of a bug. Could perhaps the software used in detecting bot activity (and the corresponding level resetting) is bugged in itself? For example, for the player mentioned above, exp was rolled back in every skill, even skills that remained at level 99. What is the point of that? Also I find it difficult to believe that this player used a bot for every skill (25 different bots?). Is there even a bot for dungeoneering (a skill that was nearly completely reset)? How can Jagex determine if certain exp was gained while botting (assuming that the reset exp was botted exp)? If the above mentioned player really did bot all those skills (and as extensively as some of the level resets would suggest), why would he bot the way that he did (350k cooking exp out of 5.5 mil, 600k range exp out of 16.5 mil, 450k fletching exp out of 14.8 mil, etc.)? Something is definitely wrong here.

The more that I learn about these level resets, the more unsure I become of their nature. The bottom line is this . . .

If this really is Jagex's new way of fighting against botting, then I guess I'm for it :mellow: (although I'd prefer something a little harsher).

If this really is a bug, what exactly is happening? :unsure: Are people really losing exp (innocent people that is)?

If random people (botters and non-botters alike) are having their exp reset, then why? Is it permanent? Are our accounts in danger? :ohnoes:

Assuming he has been woodcutting since the 23rd to 25th, thats still 229k Woodcutting EXP per hour.

Isn't the max around 100k?

yes. Im 99.9% sure the max is around 100k. Unless theres some secret godly way that I have no idea of.

Level resetting is not the way they should be dealing with this.

kazmahalfsize.png

Opening effigies, or he got his stats back, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

For the record, they do have dungeoneering bots. But the ones that actually do stuff beyond, oh, c1 frozen floors require paying so I'm fairly certain that most people don't use them.

And from what my friend tells me, most bots run at 75-90% of what a human player could get lol. Not 100%.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.