F2P Melee is overpowered

Rapono

well just lost another close game due to this bug/glitch.

2. go train your attack and strength if it is so powerful

and be like all the 1000's of immature 12 yr olds with max melee? no thanks, i'll stick with my most favorite and fun skill.

That is absurd. Your stubborn refusal to train skills is exactly why you keep dying. It's kind of ironic that you are (probably) older than them and you are actually more "immature" than they are. In your belief that by choosing to suck, and hence blaming the game, you are therefore more mature than they are. :rolleyes:

It's not even that

heck i dont train skills cause i dont want to, i dont train skills that i find dull and boring (AKA Melee, "dung", and farming). why would i waste time on something that i dont enjoy doing? and also, how does that make me in immature one? :wall:

Because you're complaining that something is imbalanced when you had full access to the other components of combat and refusing to use them.

You aren't getting all this heat because people actually think the triangle is balanced. Far from it. EVERYONE here knows that melee has the advantage. You're just coming off as too stubborn and close-minded to adapt your gameplay style to take advantage of what you already admitted to be the clearly superior cb style.

While I can't possibly see how you find training ranged as any more fun than training melee (In F2P, there's about as much difference as there is between training attack and defence to me at least), I can accept the fact that you may not enjoy doing it and thus won't. However, I can't justify why you're complaining about content you chose not to access.

I'm sure plenty of people would want turmoil, extremes, MA rings, chaotic weapons, and the ability to kill stuff like TDS, but they might not want to or "enjoy" putting money/time spent on the skill, minigame, or quest. And you know what? That's their own choice.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just lost another close game due to this bug/glitch.

2. go train your attack and strength if it is so powerful

and be like all the 1000's of immature 12 yr olds with max melee? no thanks, i'll stick with my most favorite and fun skill.

That is absurd. Your stubborn refusal to train skills is exactly why you keep dying. It's kind of ironic that you are (probably) older than them and you are actually more "immature" than they are. In your belief that by choosing to suck, and hence blaming the game, you are therefore more mature than they are. :rolleyes:

It's not even that

heck i dont train skills cause i dont want to, i dont train skills that i find dull and boring (AKA Melee, "dung", and farming). why would i waste time on something that i dont enjoy doing? and also, how does that make me in immature one? :wall:

Because you're complaining that something is imbalanced when you had full access to the other components of combat and refusing to use them.

You aren't getting all this heat because people actually think the triangle is balanced. Far from it. EVERYONE here knows that melee has the advantage. You're just coming off as too stubborn and close-minded to adapt your gameplay style to take advantage of what you already admitted to be the clearly superior cb style.

While I can't possibly see how you find training ranged as any more fun than training melee (In F2P, there's about as much difference as there is between training attack and defence to me at least), I can accept the fact that you may not enjoy doing it and thus won't. However, I can't justify why you're complaining about content you chose not to access.

I'm sure plenty of people would want turmoil, extremes, MA rings, chaotic weapons, and the ability to kill stuff like TDS, but they might not want to or "enjoy" putting money/time spent on the skill, minigame, or quest. And you know what? That's their own choice.

1) i'm not refusing to use melee. i just dont want to as there is no fun in it. for example, i have full access to jabbing myself with a fork over and over again, but i dont find that entertaining so why would i do it? if your not playing games for fun then maybe you should check ur priorities.

2) thanks from agreeing that melee is overpowered, and also refer to #1

3) i got 99 range at GWD, had a blast and made some cash doing it. and i can justify why im ranting about melee being overpowered. (see 25+ more range lvls)

4) have fun grinding then. hope its worth it for ya.

now lets try getting back on topic here folks. melee owns all at 75/75. f2p range/mage need some help.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

1) i'm not refusing to use melee. i just dont want to as there is no fun in it. for example, i have full access to jabbing myself with a fork over and over again, but i dont find that entertaining so why would i do it? if your not playing games for fun then maybe you should check ur priorities.

2) thanks from agreeing that melee is overpowered, and also refer to #1

3) i got 99 range at GWD, had a blast and made some cash doing it. and i can justify why im ranting about melee being overpowered. (see 25+ more range lvls)

4) have fun grinding then. hope its worth it for ya.

now lets try getting back on topic here folks. melee owns all at 75/75. f2p range/mage need some help.

1. Only jabbing yourself with a fork over and over again doesn't completely trump ranged.

2. I never disagreed with that melee was superior. No one on this thread has. Refer back to my previous post.

3. See bladewing's post.

4. When did I say I actually went through the grind for all of those? I haven't yet and thus don't have access to these clearly superior aspects of the game. And you know what? I can totally understand that and I freaking deal with it.

You're not supposed to not train something just because you "don't like it". Sooner or later, you have to train these skills somehow, right?

Also, you're accusing melee of "jabbing with a fork"? I can accuse of range of "throwing volley after volley of sticks".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You're not supposed to not train something just because you "don't like it". Sooner or later, you have to train these skills somehow, right? Also, you're accusing melee of "jabbing with a fork"? I can accuse of range of "throwing volley after volley of sticks".

Im pretty sure he meant as in real life he could do it.

Get over yourself and train your other skills, otherwise stop complaining. It's not a case of range being underpowered, it's about you being either too lazy, or too stupid to change combat styles.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

As a range tanker myself at 93 range I hit consistant enough to be effective somewhat, the real problem I have isn't the actual draining of their hitpoints to within ko range. I just can't freaking ko people with 75 attack...

Range really just needs a ko weapon, far to many people run from me because all they can do is eat from my simi consistant 150's and when they start running (boom) that 75 attack and 0 splat stare me right in the face lol

honestly I'm mad that every weapon that can hit above 200 is melee (excluding a mage risking 100k tokens), though I guess in dps with addy arrows I hit around a 300 per scimmy hit (in speed)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

It's not a case of range being underpowered, it's about you being either too lazy, or too stupid to change combat styles.

Actually it is a case of range (mostly mage) being underpowered.

Melee is self sufficient, i can both KO and do damage with melee, ranged has no KO, and mage does nor good damage nor has a KO.

O.O

It's not a case of range being underpowered, it's about you being either too lazy, or too stupid to change combat styles.
Actually it is a case of range (mostly mage) being underpowered.Melee is self sufficient, i can both KO and do damage with melee, ranged has no KO, and mage does nor good damage nor has a KO.

I wasn't talking about mage, but even so, when the OP uses range against melee and expects to win, he's just being arrogant. Mage works plenty well in FOG, 75% of the people just run around in rune, ready to be flattened by fire blast.

Actually it is a case of range (mostly mage) being underpowered.Melee is self sufficient, i can both KO and do damage with melee, ranged has no KO, and mage does nor good damage nor has a KO.

I wasn't talking about mage, but even so, when the OP uses range against melee and expects to win, he's just being arrogant. Mage works plenty well in FOG, 75% of the people just run around in rune, ready to be flattened by fire blast.

I'm actually refering to F2p pking in general, not Fog.

Also every good F2p foger at least HAS d'hide.

O.O

The problem is not overpowered melee, it's underpowered range and mage.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

. . . . .

PotAto. PotAHto.

TomAto. TomAHto.

I can't say it any clearer then that.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Which equals overpowered melee. :rolleyes:

Though I agree, range and mage need to be overpowered a bit as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

if i where jagex and/or god. i would simply Annihilate the comabt triangle as it is.

make range has the longest ranges weapons (mostly) give made slightly shorter range weapons. and melee, well, as melee.

make all classes roughly = to each other.

give range less acuracy but more KO potnetail.

give melee less accuracy and less KO.

give make more accuracy and more KO.

make all melee weapons of ther same metal closer togeather in efectiveness (aka, not scimy > everything)

also give a give a bunch of mage items specal attacks. (mems)

make most specal attacks less geard towards KOing.

melee armour would have lowwed defence, and be extra heavy.

range armour have tough negetige attack bonous to melee.

give mage armour defence.

lowwer melee prayer bonous's. (that is, for mems)

give mage and range higher and more prayer boosting armour. (mems)

f2p mage would get next level of bind and spell. and armour requireing level 40 mage/defence (split bark?)

f2p range would also get next grade of arrow and bow (rune/yew). yew and gravite bows are the only bows that can use rune arrows in f2p.

give f2p crossbows up to addamant (ok i know, should be rune but thats too usefull in members to become f2p :( ) and bolts up to addamant (not blureite as that must be fletched) and no bolt specal tips.

f2p mage should get battle staffs (only single elments though)

range would also get ranges weapons such as throwing axe, javalin. useless junk like that.

put a lot more monsters around that dont use melee/use melee and other combat styles.

and lastly throw in attack pot, defence pot, mage pot and range pot (not super/exstream).

thats what i would do, do you think it would be enough?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I'd like to imagine Range/Mage is underpowered because Jagex hadn't thought to add a range/mage strength skill, in keeping with accordance to the melee skills. It seems to reinforce that those skills are "sidekick", because otherwise they might as well force players into character classes, with all that stuff becoming excessively complex. I completely agree (and understand) that melee, irregardless of membership, is overpowered.

Making a thread to complain about how overpowered melee is, and arrogantly declaring a boycott of melee stats because it is stereotypical of 12 year olds/boring is another thing. The point you get across is not that "melee is overpowered" but "waaah I suck at PvP and it's all Jagex's fault for not catering to my minority".

Also every good F2p foger at least HAS d'hide.

I "have it" in the sense that I have 40 def, 40 ranged, and beat d'slayer.

But I think most people have to realize that defence bonuses do jack all for your survivability. I've always found that prayer gear if your prayer is relatively low or just strength boosting gear is more useful. Protection prayers and actually avoiding your opponents attacks are about all you can really do to stay alive longer in FoG.

blah blah blah...more bad ideas.....somthing with f2p range getting ko pot... blah blah mage special attacks...

For real does spell check exist on whatever planet you hail from... Really what your saying is you want the triangle destroyed all together... and this I do not support. Your crossbow idea is spot on, and mage is pretty good as well but using these ideas would in no way create a need for All classes to be equal.

Idk what you were trying to say with your post, why would we want Mage=melee=range, rather in the wild I would like the triangle to be fixed so more people would use mage giving me more mage targets to kill so that I don't always have to hit through full rune for ko's :smile:

also how do you manage to spell mage with a k... g and k are like two letters apart

Edited by Racer434

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

blah blah blah...more bad ideas.....somthing with f2p range getting ko pot... blah blah mage special attacks...

For real does spell check exist on whatever planet you hail from... Really what your saying is you want the triangle destroyed all together... and this I do not support. Your crossbow idea is spot on, and mage is pretty good as well but using these ideas would in no way create a need for All classes to be equal.

Idk what you were trying to say with your post, why would we want Mage=melee=range, rather in the wild I would like the triangle to be fixed so more people would use mage giving me more mage targets to kill so that I don't always have to hit through full rune for ko's :smile:

also how do you manage to spell mage with a k... g and k are like two letters apart

well its just what i thinik that the combat triangle is not needed, but i would gladdly keep the combat triangle if things became balanced anyway.

and is it a bad thing if f2p range gets a pot?

melee has one so why not the other 2 thirds of the triangle?

as for my spelling, so what?

saddly its probably not going to change anytime soon.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!