Age of Empires Online

Neos_Matrix

http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/

Well, i was shocked. The next AOE series after The Asian Dynasties. You can still sign up for Beta though, but the graphics look a bit...childish. <_<

And the requirements, even I can't participate in the Beta Testing due to age restriction and specific areas.

Post your thoughts and comments.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

It's not made by Ensemble Studios, has horribly unfaithful graphics and doesn't have that srs bsns flair that the other AOE games have, instead going for some cartoonish "ripoff". I'll just stick with AOE1/2 (don't have 3).

The third AoE is my favorite, can't understand why it gets such a bad rap on the interwebs. I didn't like two as much as three...

I think AoE 3 got criticism for its newer game mechanics (card thingies and stuff, 1600s era style gameplay), not staying true to the "big ancient city/army" simple gameplay of the older AoE series, as well as being flamed on by people who have never even played the game. It's still a work of art from the graphics and what I know of the better aspects of the gameplay.

I personally don't have it, but I do plan to get it if it is released in a bundle or something.

I've always enjoyed this series... but those graphics are too cartoon-ish for my likes. I agree they're not bad once you've adjusted.. but I think I will stick with mah preferred AoE II ones.

Zeus & Poseidon all the way for any RTS though (y)

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zeus & Poseidon all the way for any RTS though (y)

LOVE that game, although it's more of a city building game (Caesar 3,Pharaoh&Cleopatra) than a RTS.

Very good game though.

Would be awesome if it got some kind of multiplayer.

OT:I played AoE 3 aswell(for a few hours) but it led me to believe it looks more like a Cossacks game,very nice rts aswell, rather than the original AoE ones.

A similar game to AoE are the Starwars galactic battleground series(built on the same platform iirc).

AoM had a similar platform as AoE.I view it as an upgraded version(with all the mith units and specialities).Very good game aswell.

I could never figure out how to play it properly, from what I remember I was creating 1 or 2 of every unit in my limited time playing it, just to see what it looked like or did.

The graphics remind me a lot of the more cartoony style from AoM.

The game itself, how it is described sounds more like Travian than a RTS.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The graphics remind me a lot of the more cartoony style from AoM.

The game itself, how it is described sounds more like Travian than a RTS.

Yea.. it's looking like Travian meets AoM. Interesting stuff. Doubt I'd play it tho.

Wonder if the gamplay is more AoE2 or AoE3 style... I would try find out but I'm capped and I can't even load the site ;s

I'm a bit of a boss at AoE2 so if its similar I might try it out..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Why does it look like it got pulled out of a disney cartoon? Even the trailer voice sounds like it was pulled from a disney cartoon.. <_<

I was interested in the idea of it, but sadly not after seeing it. I'll stick to AOE II (the best) and AOE III for the time being.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png