An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

Preface: I'll admit it. I look like a [puncture] for saying what I'm about to say. But hear me out - even if you may not like my message, you still might at least understand why I (and other crashers) do what we do.

I crash people. I crash Bandos, I crash DK's, I crash TD's. I do it regularly. And when I choose to crash, I always win. I have a steel titan, the best equipment, access to overloads, turmoil, and maxed stats. If I want to crash you, chances are you'll have to hop worlds.

Why do I do it?

I realize it's mean. I realize it's rude. I would hate to be crashed. I don't like being crashed myself, even by weaker players - it's just a nuisance.

But in a world where most good spots are taken, sometimes we have to resort to ugly methods to get the spawns we want. Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people. Why would I put my countless hours of training to waste? Why would I give up something that I feel like I've earned? In a world where almost every Bandos spawn is occupied, someone's gotta hop. Either you or me. And in my eyes, I've earned the right to make you hop. Ideally, neither of us would have to hop - but we don't live in an ideal world.

Never crash someone who is stronger than you, or even equal to you in strength. You haven't earned the right to do so. If you try it, you're an idiot. In other words, swallow your pride, and learn to lose. If I see another maxed tribrider at DK, I won't even try crashing him. Because in that scenario, I'm just being rude - I haven't earned the right to crash him. But if I see just one solo mager, I'll crash him. He hasn't trained as hard as I have for my Arcstream, OLs, and 99 Magic.

Don't whine to someone crashing you. Why not spend that energy and effort into thinking about how you can train your own stats? Earn the right to beat crashers. Stop complaining.

Yes - I'm a little elitist. But what's stopping you from being maxed? What's the difference between a lower leveled player and me?

I worked for my equipment and stats, and you can too.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, we are unable to make money to level BECAUSE you crash.

But w/e you prolly won't care lol.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

The problem is you can't crash everywhere. If you crash at tds, people will lure them on you fml.

In those cases I just hop :thumbup: . In a way, they've earned a right to beat me - for being smart enough to realize that you can lure.

But even then, if they don't do it properly they either A) end up dying or B) it doesn't work because the spot I use is at worst only exposed to 2 demons at a time, and a lot of the time the second demon doesn't end up attacking me

In other words, swallow your pride, and learn to lose.

Yeah, you should do that too

But I do do that, lol. When someone better than me crashes me, I don't say anything and I hop.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people.

Worst logic ever, especially when you consider the fact that the majority of monsters in Runescape aren't in multi-combat.

Also, I lol @ the people who have an e-titlement complex.

Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people.

Worst logic ever, especially when you consider the fact that the majority of monsters in Runescape aren't in multi-combat.

All GWD, DK's, KBD, even corp are in multicombat... Only single-combat is like Barrows lol.

I understand, though I'm positive the majority of TIF doesn't :P Probably not a good idea to post this here, regardless of how logical your explanation is haha

It really isn't - I've just been DKing a lot recently and have been fed up with people trying to pull prime on me and stuff when they don't really know what they're doing.

sigcopyaf.png

That was an interesting rant.

I personally wouldn't be put off by the complaints of some child I crashed. I do agree that if you train the stats, you're free to do what you want with them. However, if someone with higher stats attempts to crash me, I'm still going to lure, anti-crash and do whatever I can to make them leave.

Hell, I'll crash players with higher stats and do whatever possible to make them leave. You might think that because you have higher stats you earned the spot, but for me it's whoever can put up with it the longest earns the spot. The player will have to put up with me crashing continually, potentially getting friends to come help crash them, and all the while try to get their kills fast enough that they're not wasting time by not hopping. To me the stats mean nothing, and it's all about the crashing ability. That being said, I can't currently remember the last time someone crashed me. The worlds never seem all that crowded for myself.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

That was an interesting rant.

That was a useless post.

I agree with you, and even would have when I was a lower level. If you train hard it should pay off in more than one way. This is just another way it pays off. Don't listen to the haters haha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

All GWD, DK's, KBD, even corp are in multicombat... Only single-combat is like Barrows lol.

And? Once again I point out to you that the majority of monsters aren't in multi-combat.

And? Once again I point out to you that the majority of monsters aren't in multi-combat.

What's your point? :mellow:

77yLQy8.png

In other words, swallow your pride, and learn to lose.

Yeah, you should do that too

ouch.

Problem is, we are unable to make money to level BECAUSE you crash.

But w/e you prolly won't care lol.

He won't. Not after making this thread.

Someone who has raised their combat stats to kill mithril dragons didn't raise their combat stats to crash anyone, nor did crashing anyone have anything to do with their decision to raise their combat stats.

you speek the truth.

crashing is mean, a pain and just allaround anoying, but you worked for your "ability" to crash, and no one can say you cant do it. although everyone can say you shouldent.

however i have to argue about the point of a lower level acount is simply a high level acount without as much training as one. sometimes there is a reson, maybe its questphobia or a total inability to grind (like me), less play time cos of irl ect. point is, some people cant be as good as you, but yea a lot can be.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

[hide]

[/hide]

Someone who has raised their combat stats to kill mithril dragons didn't raise their combat stats to crash anyone, nor did crashing anyone have anything to do with their decision to raise their combat stats.

The majority of monsters in RS are single combat. But what about boss hunting? Like I pointed out, all major bosses are multicombat. And if you're maxed melee and killing mith dragons not as a slayer task, you're probably doing something wrong.

sigcopyaf.png

[hide]

[/hide]

The majority of monsters in RS are single combat. But what about boss hunting? Like I pointed out, all major bosses are multicombat. And if you're maxed melee and killing mith dragons not as a slayer task, you're probably doing something wrong.

Wait, what? It was bad enough that your argument was somehow predicated on the faulty notion that people get higher levels and better armor/weapons to crash people (the fact that not everyone crashes, and not everyone goes to multi-combat areas renders that notion decidedly false), but now you're assuming that the purpose of getting high stats is to fight certain boss monsters?

Anyway, what about boss hunting? You've yet to prove that the purpose of getting better equipment and stats is the crash someone. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason you can't prove it is because it's not true, and is something you have merely assumed to be true for the purpose of your rant.

I think it depends alot on situation.

In simpler situations its amazing how many people dont know how to hop worlds or move to the other side of a zone that isnt ontop of you.

Its when I consider this that I will consider those who do any kind of crashes even in a more needed place such as bosses, (due to it being pretty much impossible if you dont.) as either pretty stupid or very selfish. Stupid if its unnecessary or they purposely being a jerk in some way.

However I have been playing so long I think by instinct or otherwise I dont know.. but I always find I can win in situations when it comes to things like slayer. I just kinda continue playing like normal yet my style changes somehow, (donno how) that they kinda always lose out more than me. Probably because they trying so hard to be a jerk or something it just backfires on them. 50 years ago I might of got frustrated by jerks but how its so old news I neither find it fun or annoying to either force them to share equally or own the spot. I do tend to find it more fun to force them to equally share though... I know thats what they must hate the most or they would do that straight away. i just wish people would share more often. I know that by looking at my char most people with brains know not to try to take over my spot but that doesnt change how I feel about idiots trying to own lower levels. It shouldnt matter if I am maxed combat or not. I dont crash lower players but hop..

I think you mostly referring to boss monsters though so thats different somewhat. I dont agree with it but I can understand it and not hate on it as bad.

[hide]

[/hide]

Wait, what? It was bad enough that your argument was somehow predicated on the faulty notion that people get higher levels and better armor/weapons to crash people (the fact that not everyone crashes, and not everyone goes to multi-combat areas renders that notion decidedly false), but now you're assuming that the purpose of getting high stats is to fight certain boss monsters?

Anyway, what about boss hunting? You've yet to prove that the purpose of getting better equipment and stats is the crash someone. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason you can't prove it is because it's not true, and is something you have merely assumed to be true for the purpose of your rant.

I really hate to get in a long flamey thread chain, but I kind of feel compelled to respond.

I didn't explicitly say that the exclusive purpose to get better stats/equipment is solely to MH. People get armor / stats to show off, for the feeling of accomplishment, and a lot of other things. What I did say is that some people (like me) did in fact train solely to MH. And when I'm monster hunting, I claim my stake in spawns that I want because I worked for it. You may want my spawn, and I'd give it to you if I felt like you earned it - but until you have, don't complain.

owever I have been playing so long I think by instinct or otherwise I dont know.. but I always find I can win in situations when it comes to things like slayer. I just kinda continue playing like normal yet my style changes somehow, (donno how) that they kinda always lose out more than me.

That may be because you're maxed, and by my logic that just means the people that are trying to crash you are just trolling / being rude

sigcopyaf.png

I don't crash if I can avoid it, but I do crash if I am losing out by not doing so. For example, if I need a high or low spawn world for what I'm doing. Or if I hop a few times and can't find an open world I will be inclined to go back to whatever world looked the easiest to crash.

Like you, I am able to crash anyone who doesn't have absolutely maxed gear.

When someone is a [bleep] to me at TDs, I like to get out my Veracs and glitch all the TDs around their spot. :thumbsup:

For those who don't know, if you attack a TD with Verac's set, it will eventually switch to Protect Melee and then get stuck on that. Then you have to kill it to get it to change prayers again ;)

I do agree with you, though. GWD and DKs are the best money makers in the game-- it's only just that the best players beat out the rest the privilege of using them. There's no place for level 110s with whips and dragon armor at GWD. And I don't buy the "but how do we make money to get good?" There's plenty of methods to make money, though they may not be as enjoyable or as quick. Thanks to merchants, the prices of many herbs and seconds are extremely high, so you could kill Chaos Druids for herbs. Or you could do what a friend of mine is doing to earn enough for an AGS and take a cannon up to the Wilderness Green Dragons. That's pretty good money. Use your head, get creative. It will take work, but it can be done.

td2sig.jpg

I understand completely what you're trying to say, But I can't help to rage... You say people that have better stats or equipment than others have the right? So how are these people suposed to get those stats and equipment without them being crashed everytime they try to do so?

dzuz3d.jpg