Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

An Elitist's View on Crashing

• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:The Ancient

Someone who has raised their combat stats to kill mithril dragons didn't raise their combat stats to crash anyone, nor did crashing anyone have anything to do with their decision to raise their combat stats.

The majority of monsters in RS are single combat. But what about boss hunting? Like I pointed out, all major bosses are multicombat. And if you're maxed melee and killing mith dragons not as a slayer task, you're probably doing something wrong.

Wait, what? It was bad enough that your argument was somehow predicated on the faulty notion that people get higher levels and better armor/weapons to crash people (the fact that not everyone crashes, and not everyone goes to multi-combat areas renders that notion decidedly false), but now you're assuming that the purpose of getting high stats is to fight certain boss monsters?

Anyway, what about boss hunting? You've yet to prove that the purpose of getting better equipment and stats is the crash someone. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason you can't prove it is because it's not true, and is something you have merely assumed to be true for the purpose of your rant.

I really hate to get in a long flamey thread chain, but I kind of feel compelled to respond.

I didn't explicitly say that the exclusive purpose to get better stats/equipment is solely to MH. People get armor / stats to show off, for the feeling of accomplishment, and a lot of other things. What I did say is that some people (like me) did in fact train solely to MH. And when I'm monster hunting, I claim my stake in spawns that I want because I worked for it. You may want my spawn, and I'd give it to you if I felt like you earned it - but until you have, don't complain.

owever I have been playing so long I think by instinct or otherwise I dont know.. but I always find I can win in situations when it comes to things like slayer. I just kinda continue playing like normal yet my style changes somehow, (donno how) that they kinda always lose out more than me.

That may be because you're maxed, and by my logic that just means the people that are trying to crash you are just trolling / being rude
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

dragon246665
[ Display Name History ]

dragon246665

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nitro_Naught
[bleep]
Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
I don't crash if I can avoid it, but I do crash if I am losing out by not doing so. For example, if I need a high or low spawn world for what I'm doing. Or if I hop a few times and can't find an open world I will be inclined to go back to whatever world looked the easiest to crash.

Like you, I am able to crash anyone who doesn't have absolutely maxed gear.

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
When someone is a [bleep] to me at TDs, I like to get out my Veracs and glitch all the TDs around their spot. :thumbsup:

For those who don't know, if you attack a TD with Verac's set, it will eventually switch to Protect Melee and then get stuck on that. Then you have to kill it to get it to change prayers again ;)

I do agree with you, though. GWD and DKs are the best money makers in the game-- it's only just that the best players beat out the rest the privilege of using them. There's no place for level 110s with whips and dragon armor at GWD. And I don't buy the "but how do we make money to get good?" There's plenty of methods to make money, though they may not be as enjoyable or as quick. Thanks to merchants, the prices of many herbs and seconds are extremely high, so you could kill Chaos Druids for herbs. Or you could do what a friend of mine is doing to earn enough for an AGS and take a cannon up to the Wilderness Green Dragons. That's pretty good money. Use your head, get creative. It will take work, but it can be done.
Posted Image

Mio
[ Display Name History ]

Mio

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • RSN:Mio
I understand completely what you're trying to say, But I can't help to rage... You say people that have better stats or equipment than others have the right? So how are these people suposed to get those stats and equipment without them being crashed everytime they try to do so?
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I understand completely what you're trying to say, But I can't help to rage... You say people that have better stats or equipment than others have the right? So how are these people suposed to get those stats and equipment without them being crashed everytime they try to do so?

There are other ways to make money besides monster hunting. Regardless, you make it sound as if it's 100% impossible to monster hunt now without being crashed.

It's also not like training prayer, herblore, or combat stats are competitive.

77yLQy8.png

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

Someone who has raised their combat stats to kill mithril dragons didn't raise their combat stats to crash anyone, nor did crashing anyone have anything to do with their decision to raise their combat stats.

The majority of monsters in RS are single combat. But what about boss hunting? Like I pointed out, all major bosses are multicombat. And if you're maxed melee and killing mith dragons not as a slayer task, you're probably doing something wrong.

Nah miths are good summoning exp

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

I'm not about to give up a training/boss spot if I have the stats to beat the other guy who's going for the same monster as I am. Someday you'll be top dog but it sucks until you get there.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

When someone is a [bleep] to me at TDs, I like to get out my Veracs and glitch all the TDs around their spot. :thumbsup:

For those who don't know, if you attack a TD with Verac's set, it will eventually switch to Protect Melee and then get stuck on that. Then you have to kill it to get it to change prayers again ;)

Or you could just lure all 6 demons and mess up the guy's spot for a pretty long while :thumbup:
Posted Image

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Mio
[ Display Name History ]

Mio

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • RSN:Mio

There are other ways to make money besides monster hunting. Regardless, you make it sound as if it's 100% impossible to monster hunt now without being crashed.

It's also not like training prayer, herblore, or combat stats are competitive.

That is a good point, But people have different styles of gaining their money. My friend had a bank of around 15m struggelling to earn money, he went and did a few boss's and now they're his main sauce of income.

Regardless, you make it sound as if it's 100% impossible to monster hunt now without being crashed.

Yeah, I kind of realised that after I posted it. My bad :P
Posted Image

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Or you could just lure all 6 demons and mess up the guy's spot for a pretty long while :thumbup:

There's ways to deal with that, if you're good enough at luring. What really ****ing bothers me when I go duo there are the idiots (who always have crappy gear like broad bolts and halberds) who try to solo in LS worlds. They take much longer to kill their demon than we do, so they inevitably end up ****ing up OUR lures because their demon spawns and wanders over to us because they are slow and suck at TDing. DONT [bleep]ING SOLO IN A LS WORLD YOU NOOBS
Posted Image

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
Bow to the almighty elitist, for he will otherwise crash thy!

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

Nah miths are good summoning exp

Bout as good as normal WF's, though you're gettting greens so the xp is more expensive

I was doing them with superantifires + rapier, idk if you have some other method
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Logging out and in fixes that :P

77yLQy8.png

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
Normally if someone is at a spot already, I let them have it. If they start throwing abusive language and hurling insults at me just for showing up at their spot, then that becomes another matter ;) I see why some people crash others and it's almost become necessary these days because there aren't many monster spawns for the really good monsters like abyssal demons

Sure there is the abyssal plane using the fairy rings code, but I tried that the other day and you wouldn't believe how packed it was o_O

Sure there is kuradal's dungeon, but you need abby demons as a slayer task *facepalm*

We need more monster spawn spots, period.
Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

There's ways to deal with that, if you're good enough at luring. What really ****ing bothers me when I go duo there are the idiots (who always have crappy gear like broad bolts and halberds) who try to solo in LS worlds. They take much longer to kill their demon than we do, so they inevitably end up ****ing up OUR lures because their demon spawns and wanders over to us because they are slow and suck at TDing. DONT [bleep]ING SOLO IN A LS WORLD YOU NOOBS

This kind of sums up my opinion of people I crash. If you have good gear, I won't be straight up mean and crash you. But if you don't deserve the spot, you don't deserve the spot.

Logging out and in fixes that :P

I usually sit there and let the demons keep aggro on me for a while... and then wait and see if the person is impatient enough to try to kill them (and dies)
Posted Image

mario_sunny
[ Display Name History ]

mario_sunny

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,412 posts
Crashing is a business now. I'm sure you've heard of w77 and BKz.... I mean who hasn't who's done bandos. Basically if you aren't 135+ with d claws/ags or in one of the major crashing clans you simply don't get a spot in bandos.

Luckily I have a few friends in w77 so they slip me in. :P
Posted Image
By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Wait, what? It was bad enough that your argument was somehow predicated on the faulty notion that people get higher levels and better armor/weapons to crash people (the fact that not everyone crashes, and not everyone goes to multi-combat areas renders that notion decidedly false), but now you're assuming that the purpose of getting high stats is to fight certain boss monsters?

Anyway, what about boss hunting? You've yet to prove that the purpose of getting better equipment and stats is the crash someone. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason you can't prove it is because it's not true, and is something you have merely assumed to be true for the purpose of your rant.

I really hate to get in a long flamey thread chain, but I kind of feel compelled to respond.

I didn't explicitly say that the exclusive purpose to get better stats/equipment is solely to MH. People get armor / stats to show off, for the feeling of accomplishment, and a lot of other things. What I did say is that some people (like me) did in fact train solely to MH. And when I'm monster hunting, I claim my stake in spawns that I want because I worked for it. You may want my spawn, and I'd give it to you if I felt like you earned it - but until you have, don't complain.

Take heed at the fact that I didn't say that you said that the only reason people raised their stats or got better equipment was to MH.

Anyway, thank you for proving my point. Your "part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people" line was in error, because crashing plays no part in the majority of the Runescape population's decision to level up or to obtain better items. As it stands, you can't really justify anything you've typed out except to say that you think that you have more of a right to kill some monster then someone else because you've got better equipment/stats then they do which, quite honestly, is pretty sad.

And thus why I really do hate threads like these. Because it's generally one guy (or a group of people) stroking their e-peenors whilst claiming some kind of entitlement complex because they've spent X amount of days in-game, have X stats and X items and. Having better armor "entitles" you to get hit less (or in the case of mage/range armor, hit more often). Having better weapons "entitles" you to hit harder or more often. Having a higher herblore "entitles" you to make better pots, which can either let you hit more often, hit higher or stay in an area longer then you would be able to otherwise. Having better armor or stats then someone else doesn't "entitle" you to any spot or monster, nor does it "entitle" you to be a [cabbage] in-game.

And I could only shake my head at the above emphasized.

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
LOL team gwd.
10 seconds killing
1 minute for spawns
repeat
for 10 hours to get crap loot

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
What's this talk about deserving spots? Nobody deserves anything.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users