An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Jagex should do a couple instanced versions of a boss per world. So rather than having 1 Kree'arra per world, have 5 or so. Place a portal at the door and you could enter one of the 5 instances through it (allowing you to see how many players is in each instance of that boss before going in). That's just an example off the top of my head, but that sort of thing would help; Bandos is full pretty much all the time in every single LS world and I know other bosses are generally pretty full.

I don't approve of crashing really, but it's a dog-eat-dog world, so whatever.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I'd be fine with getting crashed if I thought that the person crashing me legitimately tried to find an open world, but I know that they almost never do. Apparently when you're a high enough level to crash and you're a huge [wagon] (see OP) then it's no longer your responsibility to look for an open world.

Happens to me all the time slaying, even on tasks that I know more than half the worlds are totally empty.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'd be fine with getting crashed if I thought that the person crashing me legitimately tried to find an open world, but I know that they almost never do. Apparently when you're a high enough level to crash and you're a huge [wagon] (see OP) then it's no longer your responsibility to look for an open world.

Happens to me all the time slaying, even on tasks that I know more than half the worlds are totally empty.

How do you know the person didnt try to hop? There's very little way of knowing.

Also, at places like DK's and Bandos you can almost bet on every single world being full during peak hours. Once you've done enough of those, you'll know what I mean. For smaller things like slayer where there isn't really a reason to crash, I'd totally agree with you

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I wonder if Jagex should do a couple instanced versions of a boss per world. So rather than having 1 Kree'arra per world, have 5 or so. Place a portal at the door and you could enter one of the 5 instances through it (allowing you to see how many players is in each instance of that boss before going in). That's just an example off the top of my head, but that sort of thing would help; Bandos is full pretty much all the time in every single LS world and I know other bosses are generally pretty full.

I don't approve of crashing really, but it's a dog-eat-dog world, so whatever.

That would create a lot of unwanted side effects like lowering the price of the drops. Bandos gear (and most GWD gear) is stable because that particular boss is already being killed at peak rate on most worlds. Not necessarily a bad thing if it reduces crashing, but it's something to think about.

Perhaps they should simply create a new boss monster. It's long overdue.

2496 Completionist

i wonder at what point corp soloers will have to worry about crashers, eventualy there will be a point where most non ls worlds have a corp soloer in them, probably if a chaotic spear gets released

it would be amusing to see what happens in a solo vs solo corp crash off

problem here is no corp soloer is a pushover so even if your totaly maxed and elite, the other guy is probably as good or better

also since corp tends to tank the one whos doing more dmg, then it would usualy be an even fight dmg wise with them both taking turms doing most dmg then getting tanked as the other does more dmg

now that would be truly amusing to see, bandos crash offs are only a few seconds of no fun at all, just a damage off while poor graardor doesnt know what to do

a solution to the bandos boss problem, and to future bosses would be instanced bosses, this would be a boss for every player and would avoid the "bottle neck effect"

sara solo is a lot easier than corp solo and last time I checked it's pretty easy to find worlds for that. :P unless corp becomes much easier people looking to solo are going to go elsewhere. right now sara is empty because it is more difficult than bandos and less rewarding than arma. corp is empty because it is waaay harder than anything else, and probaby not much more gp/hr than something like TDs because of the huge expenditures involved with supplies and probable deaths. I don't see any feasible update changing this.

anyways ontopic, it seems like the majority of people are of the curious opinion that getting there first gives you the right to kill the boss. i don't see anything unreasonable about the claim that it is not this, but the ability to kill the boss better than anyone else that conveys this right. it doesn't seem pigheaded to me, just logical.

Crashing is fun and more efficient. I agree that since I am superior I will crash you, for it's your own fault. Just my point of view, and to everyone else, you guys will understand where we "crashers" come from once you get to this same point. Crashing is a way to put your work and energy into something useful and worthwhile.

Crusading.png

my view is it depends if a 138 crashes a 110 it doesnt really matter as much a 110 shuld be working on training up thier combat skills

if a 138 with chaotic weapon and claws trys to crash a 138 with a chaotic weapon and claws at bandos its a waste of time..=p

it depends time of day too......yeh i think on weekends thier will be like everyone at godwars and at nite time but in rally late or early morning more likely to find a world =p

and no you don needa monsterhunt and boss for lvl 138 ;p or at least 136 + try and get lvls to monsterhunt efficiently....and gear too

StarViv.png

Lol crashing is fun. Best reason right there.

For the instance of light house daggonaths, who doesn't like to see the noobs rage when you put down a cannon?

S2buxtG.png

Not surprised to see some major flaming of the OP.

I'm 110% for crashing. If you have better gear and stats than me, you have every right to take my spot. That said, crashing is an art in itself, so having better gear and stats does not necessarily guarantee you the win. A very good friend of mine (who has posted on this thread) is a 134 or 135 without maxed melees or extremes/overloads, but he can crash most people and win. :thumbup: He's the exception, though.

I'm all for competitive gameplay, which is especially prevalent in slayer. If you are on a high population world using bad gear and moving slowly, I'll ask you to hop. If you don't hop, I'll make you. Survival of the fittest.

People need to understand that crashing is usually not personal. That 138 did not see you in Edgeville yesterday and think, "I'm gonna crash that [bleep]." It's all about efficiency, so if you're not being efficient, prepare to be crashed.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people.

Tbh, I thought the reason for increasing your stat total or purchasing high-end armor was to show your experience in playing the game so that others might come to you for advice or respect you for your pixelated prowess (as silly as that sounds), not to drive others away so you can live in solitary "satisfaction." By your method, the only friends that you are making (I am assuming you have some) are ones of your skill level and mindset, forming a sort of enmity-attracting group that tries too hard to prove their superiority over others. But if that really makes you happy, go for it :thumbup:

Nothing personal, as I can't remember a time I have been crashed, and don't really think I'd care if I had been, but your way of thinking resembles that of a sociopath

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people.

Tbh, I thought the reason for increasing your stat total or purchasing high-end armor was to show your experience in playing the game so that others might come to you for advice or respect you for your pixelated prowess (as silly as that sounds), not to drive others away so you can live in solitary "satisfaction." By your method, the only friends that you are making (I am assuming you have some) are ones of your skill level and mindset, forming a sort of enmity-attracting group that tries too hard to prove their superiority over others. But if that really makes you happy, go for it :thumbup:

Nothing personal, as I can't remember a time I have been crashed, and don't really think I'd care if I had been, but your way of thinking resembles that of a sociopath

If Darwinism equates to sociopathic behavior, I can only assume that you do not live on Earth.

dgs5.jpg

Meh i see one big flaw with all this talk about deserving spots because you could crash it easily with your superior gear/stats, which is that outside of PvP, we arent competing with each other. Thats clearly not how Jagex intended for the PvM experience to be like so its the players who have created this aspect of the game. We all play and nobody really deserve anything more than others, at the end of the day. All this entitlement is just an excuse for high level players to get away with behaving like idiots ingame. Consider this example:

A kid is playing on the swing at a public playground and an older and stronger kid comes and claims its his right to have the swing because he is older/stronger and could have much more fun on the swing, then proceeds to harass the kid until he gets what he wants. Is that fair? Would you do that to someone else or accept if it was done to you? I dont see how that is any different from doing so in a game.

Oh and before anyone starts spewing the same old garbage about "omg rs isnt irl cant compare", the example is meant to illustrate how this logic when applied to another example of a shared space, makes you come off as a huge jerk. Somehow people think its okay to do it on the internet though, but just remember that acting like an idiot still makes you an idiot at the end of the day, even if youre sitting inside your little safe bubble in front of the screen.

Meh i see one big flaw with all this talk about deserving spots because you could crash it easily with your superior gear/stats, which is that outside of PvP, we arent competing with each other.

Sorry, you lost me there.

dgs5.jpg

I'm all for competitive gameplay, which is especially prevalent in slayer. If you are on a high population world using bad gear and moving slowly, I'll ask you to hop. If you don't hop, I'll make you. Survival of the fittest.

There aren't very many tasks where a slow slayer will slow you down. Only examples I can think of are Hell hounds, warped torts and metal dragons, but that's just because Hell hounds have a slow spawn and the other two there aren't many of.

So how exactly is it prevalent in slayer?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

There aren't very many tasks where a slow slayer will slow you down. Only examples I can think of are Hell hounds, warped torts and metal dragons, but that's just because Hell hounds have a slow spawn and the other two there aren't many of.

So how exactly is it prevalent in slayer?

What?

Mutated velds, dags, abberent spectres, warped torts, hellhounds, black demons, fire giants, blue dragons, black dragons, dust devils, kalphites, nechs, spirit mages, suqahs, Tzhaar, and waterfiends are all tasks in which an extra person present would severely slow me down. If you can comfortably slay with another player on any of these tasks, you're doing something very wrong or you're a low level.

EDIT: Actually, scratch dags; I don't mind the level 100s running around.

dgs5.jpg

No, you earned the right to kill things "better". You didn't earn the right to disrupt other people and by the sounds of it you do that 100% of the time without even trying to look for other worlds :thumbdown:.

I understand the "need" to crash people at Bandos, where it is next to impossible to find a world but you shouldn't not look a bit first. I don't see the need to crash at TDs however, it's easy to find an empty world and just crashing there for no reason just shows off your personality.

More like the ability to crash, it's not a right.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

What?

Mutated velds, dags, abberent spectres, warped torts, hellhounds, black demons, fire giants, blue dragons, black dragons, dust devils, kalphites, nechs, spirit mages, suqahs, Tzhaar, and waterfiends are all tasks in which an extra person present would severely slow me down. If you can comfortably slay with another player on any of these tasks, you're doing something very wrong or you're a low level.

EDIT: Actually, scratch dags; I don't mind the level 100s running around.

Velds - Canceled because I don't like them

Dags - Cannon at lighthouse is barely affected by others, and chaos tunnel dags are always open

Polinineach - slayer well rarely has people there

Warped torts - I said that....

Hellhounds - I said that....

Black Demons - Have you seen the new dungeon?

Fire giants - New dungeon + chaos tunnels rarely have people

Blue dragons - New dungeon

Black dragons - Solo KBD in Non-LS worlds. It also only takes a hop or two at the Evil chicken lair

Dust Devils - I've never seen these packed

Kalphites - Lousy task anyways

Nechs - Chaos tunnels and slayer tower are both rarely full

Spirit mages - There's tons of mages, there's 3 good locations in the zammy area to kill them, and rarely all 3 are full, if any.

Suqahs - I've never seen these crowded

Tzhaar - Fight cave, multi-combat with a lot of low levels, means you can steal their kills anyways, so faster for you

Water-fiends - Chaos tunnel never has people there

The only thing I don't do in terms of power slaying is use a cannon, and I'm certainly not a low level.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

No, you earned the right to kill things "better". You didn't earn the right to disrupt other people and by the sounds of it you do that 100% of the time without even trying to look for other worlds :thumbdown:.

I understand the "need" to crash people at Bandos, where it is next to impossible to find a world but you shouldn't not look a bit first. I don't see the need to crash at TDs however, it's easy to find an empty world and just crashing there for no reason just shows off your personality.

Can you guys quit trying to correlate RS morality to RL morality? :roll:

77yLQy8.png

I'm 138 maxed combat I've had the best gear and dragon claws yet i have never crashed?

I see no reason in crashing if it takes me 30 min to find a world so be it. If i don't have time to look for a world ill log out and watch TV or read till what i had to do is done then come back and look for a world. The need to rush for money seems to drive most peoples crashing or out of pure enjoyment of seeing someone complain or get "owned". I don't enjoy or follow any of that and if I'm crashed ill see if i can get kills and if not ill tab and do something else. I never talk trash to them or talk down i be polite in hopes they will try a different world. I guess I'm a pushover then but i cant help it its just how i was raised and grew up. I just think people should try harder to find worlds and be kind to crashers because raging dose nothing but waste time. No I'm not saying i think crashing is ok but the world is unfair and some things can't be helped so its best to move on and try again later.