Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

An Elitist's View on Crashing

• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
I fully agree with you, and im definately on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to crashing.

You have the stats, you can, and you will crash. And why not? Why should that person with mediocre stats get to claim a world for his own.
O.O

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Not surprised to see some major flaming of the OP.

I'm 110% for crashing. If you have better gear and stats than me, you have every right to take my spot. That said, crashing is an art in itself, so having better gear and stats does not necessarily guarantee you the win. A very good friend of mine (who has posted on this thread) is a 134 or 135 without maxed melees or extremes/overloads, but he can crash most people and win. :thumbup: He's the exception, though.

I'm all for competitive gameplay, which is especially prevalent in slayer. If you are on a high population world using bad gear and moving slowly, I'll ask you to hop. If you don't hop, I'll make you. Survival of the fittest.

People need to understand that crashing is usually not personal. That 138 did not see you in Edgeville yesterday and think, "I'm gonna crash that [bleep]." It's all about efficiency, so if you're not being efficient, prepare to be crashed.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Leyenda
[ Display Name History ]

Leyenda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Szeryng

Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people.

Tbh, I thought the reason for increasing your stat total or purchasing high-end armor was to show your experience in playing the game so that others might come to you for advice or respect you for your pixelated prowess (as silly as that sounds), not to drive others away so you can live in solitary "satisfaction." By your method, the only friends that you are making (I am assuming you have some) are ones of your skill level and mindset, forming a sort of enmity-attracting group that tries too hard to prove their superiority over others. But if that really makes you happy, go for it :thumbup:

Nothing personal, as I can't remember a time I have been crashed, and don't really think I'd care if I had been, but your way of thinking resembles that of a sociopath
All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)
Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs
Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Part of the reason - incentive, even - of getting better equipment and stats is earning the right to crash people.

Tbh, I thought the reason for increasing your stat total or purchasing high-end armor was to show your experience in playing the game so that others might come to you for advice or respect you for your pixelated prowess (as silly as that sounds), not to drive others away so you can live in solitary "satisfaction." By your method, the only friends that you are making (I am assuming you have some) are ones of your skill level and mindset, forming a sort of enmity-attracting group that tries too hard to prove their superiority over others. But if that really makes you happy, go for it :thumbup:

Nothing personal, as I can't remember a time I have been crashed, and don't really think I'd care if I had been, but your way of thinking resembles that of a sociopath

If Darwinism equates to sociopathic behavior, I can only assume that you do not live on Earth.

Posted Image

Mugunge
[ Display Name History ]

Mugunge

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • RSN:Gum
Meh i see one big flaw with all this talk about deserving spots because you could crash it easily with your superior gear/stats, which is that outside of PvP, we arent competing with each other. Thats clearly not how Jagex intended for the PvM experience to be like so its the players who have created this aspect of the game. We all play and nobody really deserve anything more than others, at the end of the day. All this entitlement is just an excuse for high level players to get away with behaving like idiots ingame. Consider this example:

A kid is playing on the swing at a public playground and an older and stronger kid comes and claims its his right to have the swing because he is older/stronger and could have much more fun on the swing, then proceeds to harass the kid until he gets what he wants. Is that fair? Would you do that to someone else or accept if it was done to you? I dont see how that is any different from doing so in a game.

Oh and before anyone starts spewing the same old garbage about "omg rs isnt irl cant compare", the example is meant to illustrate how this logic when applied to another example of a shared space, makes you come off as a huge jerk. Somehow people think its okay to do it on the internet though, but just remember that acting like an idiot still makes you an idiot at the end of the day, even if youre sitting inside your little safe bubble in front of the screen.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Meh i see one big flaw with all this talk about deserving spots because you could crash it easily with your superior gear/stats, which is that outside of PvP, we arent competing with each other.

Sorry, you lost me there.

Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

I'm all for competitive gameplay, which is especially prevalent in slayer. If you are on a high population world using bad gear and moving slowly, I'll ask you to hop. If you don't hop, I'll make you. Survival of the fittest.

There aren't very many tasks where a slow slayer will slow you down. Only examples I can think of are Hell hounds, warped torts and metal dragons, but that's just because Hell hounds have a slow spawn and the other two there aren't many of.

So how exactly is it prevalent in slayer?

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

There aren't very many tasks where a slow slayer will slow you down. Only examples I can think of are Hell hounds, warped torts and metal dragons, but that's just because Hell hounds have a slow spawn and the other two there aren't many of.

So how exactly is it prevalent in slayer?

What?

Mutated velds, dags, abberent spectres, warped torts, hellhounds, black demons, fire giants, blue dragons, black dragons, dust devils, kalphites, nechs, spirit mages, suqahs, Tzhaar, and waterfiends are all tasks in which an extra person present would severely slow me down. If you can comfortably slay with another player on any of these tasks, you're doing something very wrong or you're a low level.

EDIT: Actually, scratch dags; I don't mind the level 100s running around.

Posted Image

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude
No, you earned the right to kill things "better". You didn't earn the right to disrupt other people and by the sounds of it you do that 100% of the time without even trying to look for other worlds :thumbdown:.

I understand the "need" to crash people at Bandos, where it is next to impossible to find a world but you shouldn't not look a bit first. I don't see the need to crash at TDs however, it's easy to find an empty world and just crashing there for no reason just shows off your personality.

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Noone owns the monsters, and in the end whoever does the most damage gets the drop. If you can't compete with someone, you need to get your stats up. :thumbup:

Nabbagad
[ Display Name History ]

Nabbagad

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 2,877 posts
  • RSN:Nabbagad

More like the ability to crash, it's not a right.
Posted Image
My 99s (7)

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

What?

Mutated velds, dags, abberent spectres, warped torts, hellhounds, black demons, fire giants, blue dragons, black dragons, dust devils, kalphites, nechs, spirit mages, suqahs, Tzhaar, and waterfiends are all tasks in which an extra person present would severely slow me down. If you can comfortably slay with another player on any of these tasks, you're doing something very wrong or you're a low level.

EDIT: Actually, scratch dags; I don't mind the level 100s running around.

Velds - Canceled because I don't like them
Dags - Cannon at lighthouse is barely affected by others, and chaos tunnel dags are always open
Polinineach - slayer well rarely has people there
Warped torts - I said that....
Hellhounds - I said that....
Black Demons - Have you seen the new dungeon?
Fire giants - New dungeon + chaos tunnels rarely have people
Blue dragons - New dungeon
Black dragons - Solo KBD in Non-LS worlds. It also only takes a hop or two at the Evil chicken lair
Dust Devils - I've never seen these packed
Kalphites - Lousy task anyways
Nechs - Chaos tunnels and slayer tower are both rarely full
Spirit mages - There's tons of mages, there's 3 good locations in the zammy area to kill them, and rarely all 3 are full, if any.
Suqahs - I've never seen these crowded
Tzhaar - Fight cave, multi-combat with a lot of low levels, means you can steal their kills anyways, so faster for you
Water-fiends - Chaos tunnel never has people there

The only thing I don't do in terms of power slaying is use a cannon, and I'm certainly not a low level.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts

No, you earned the right to kill things "better". You didn't earn the right to disrupt other people and by the sounds of it you do that 100% of the time without even trying to look for other worlds :thumbdown:.

I understand the "need" to crash people at Bandos, where it is next to impossible to find a world but you shouldn't not look a bit first. I don't see the need to crash at TDs however, it's easy to find an empty world and just crashing there for no reason just shows off your personality.

Can you guys quit trying to correlate RS morality to RL morality? :roll:

77yLQy8.png

Wiv
[ Display Name History ]

Wiv

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 305 posts
I'm 138 maxed combat I've had the best gear and dragon claws yet i have never crashed?
I see no reason in crashing if it takes me 30 min to find a world so be it. If i don't have time to look for a world ill log out and watch TV or read till what i had to do is done then come back and look for a world. The need to rush for money seems to drive most peoples crashing or out of pure enjoyment of seeing someone complain or get "owned". I don't enjoy or follow any of that and if I'm crashed ill see if i can get kills and if not ill tab and do something else. I never talk trash to them or talk down i be polite in hopes they will try a different world. I guess I'm a pushover then but i cant help it its just how i was raised and grew up. I just think people should try harder to find worlds and be kind to crashers because raging dose nothing but waste time. No I'm not saying i think crashing is ok but the world is unfair and some things can't be helped so its best to move on and try again later.

Mugunge
[ Display Name History ]

Mugunge

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Will do when you explain to me exactly why those two shouldnt be compared in this case.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts

Will do when you explain to me exactly why those two shouldnt be compared in this case.

It's easy to be immoral on RS through your anonymity and freedom from consequences. The same thing can't be said for real life.

77yLQy8.png

Mugunge
[ Display Name History ]

Mugunge

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

It's easy to be immoral on RS through your anonymity and freedom from consequences. The same thing can't be said for real life.

Well yes but that was the point i was trying to get across, so the comparison seems quite fitting to me.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
your argument is valid, but players still not going to suddenly like crashes. I would just leave when I get crashed while training but some players feel being there first gives them their god given right to have claim to the spot.

But i agree with crashes survival of the fittest. Since no one has claim to a spot, whoever kills the fastest gets the reward therefor the weaker one is better off leaving

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
I'll agree SLIGHTLY, but you deserve to be dragged off your computer, stabbed and shot if you are Solo crashing lower players at something like Bandos. They have to go to a lootshare world for them to split it, but when some arrogant [bleep] decideds to crash them instead of using a world that ISN'T designed for lootsharing, you're a total [bleep] and you should be shot.

I might seem agressive but this happens too much, your not elite, you just have more money to splurge then the rest of us on skills that cost too much to raise.

Popoto.~<3

Mecakoto
[ Display Name History ]

Mecakoto

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 454 posts
Meh. I have only one thing to say on this matter:

The difference between crashers that are ****tards and crashers that can be mildly respected is simple:

The ****tards don't see it as a last resort.
The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

Proud of who I am and what I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users