An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

The problem is that many people don't even try to find an empty world. Many people will just crash without trying to find somewhere that will inconvenience nobody. I would be fine with somebody who has hopped 3 -5 times crashing because they have put the effort in NOT to crash. But immediately crashing whoever is there is just doing it is almost lazy.

It doesn't always make sense to put in the effort.

I'll hop zamorak Spirit mages, since I know there are always empty worlds.

But If I want to cannon lighthouse dagannoths, I'll never hop because I'll probably never find an empty world anyways.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex doesn't make you kill any NPC. They don't make you crash. They don't hold a gun to your head and make you do anything. The fact of the matter is that you crash because you want to, more specifically because you can. If you couldn't, you wouldn't try. You would go do something else. That's the point.

It's the best way to make money via skills in Runescape. Sure, I could gear up for solo Graardor, hop a hundred times, give up and go craft some natures, but that's not a very good way to make money for that Divine I want.

Like it or not, Runescape is an inherently competitive game. I don't have to compete, sure, but nothing gets done that way. Your argument that Jagex isn't literally forcing me to crash is easily countered by me contending that you aren't forced to play Runescape at all, so why should it even be a concern of yours?

Crashing is going to happen, so let's discuss why it happens rather than how to avoid confrontation, which is impossible in the solo MHing world.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The problem is you can't crash everywhere. If you crash at tds, people will lure them on you fml.

With experience that's not too hard to get around, novices usually end up doing mroe damage to themselves.

That said, I never crash at tds(unless someone tries to take a spawn, I ask them to leave, and they don't). Same with arma and sara/dks(last tiems I went that is which is a while now), because it's simply not necessary and usually ends up misaligning my timer somehow.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

100% agree. Can't all be polite. Its "supply and demand". My higher stats means I have "more" currency to spend then you.

And call me a jerk, an ass, whatever, I trained harder, spent more money, and spent more time on my stats and gear. Why SHOULDN'T I crash you? I don't care if you were there first. If I'm looking for a job, and you get laid off so that I can have your job, because I am more qualified, am I being mean? NO. I'm simply better suited then you are.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Know what. Don't try to crash me. It's a bad idea, I don't care if you are 30cb levels higher than me. If you come to where I am and tell me to hop. I'll LOL, and stay there. You'll hop, just like all the rest.

People who crash can't seem to deal with losing 1-2 of the spawns. Much less when spawns are scarce, and I am clicking the next target faster than you. Think you can muscle me out of a mining spot just because you have a cape? No chance. I'll still get a third of the ores, and you'll hop because you aren't efficient enough. Trying to take fire giants from me? Well, I bring darts for the very reason that I can safe spot two at once should that happen. "That's terribly un-efficient!" you will say.

I am willing to share, not to hop. I have found many times that crashers will hop themselves faster than I could have hopped to an open world. It's a game of chicken, and I just don't care for losing.

Know what. Don't try to crash me. It's a bad idea, I don't care if you are 30cb levels higher than me. If you come to where I am and tell me to hop. I'll LOL, and stay there. You'll hop, just like all the rest.

People who crash can't seem to deal with losing 1-2 of the spawns. Much less when spawns are scarce, and I am clicking the next target faster than you. Think you can muscle me out of a mining spot just because you have a cape? No chance. I'll still get a third of the ores, and you'll hop because you aren't efficient enough. Trying to take fire giants from me? Well, I bring darts for the very reason that I can safe spot two at once should that happen. "That's terribly un-efficient!" you will say.

I am willing to share, not to hop. I have found many times that crashers will hop themselves faster than I could have hopped to an open world. It's a game of chicken, and I just don't care for losing.

Except you'd never be able to crash me in multi combat. In single combat, I'l hop, since its simply faster for me to do so.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Except you'd never be able to crash me in multi combat. In single combat, I'l hop, since its simply faster for me to do so.

Except... ya know, I'm not crashing ya. I'm just holding out, and making you work for it. Grinding is boring for me. Competing against another player, even if I am losing big? Exciting! I can do it for hours. Can you?

Except... ya know, I'm not crashing ya. I'm just holding out, and making you work for it. Grinding is boring for me. Competing against another player, even if I am losing big? Exciting! I can do it for hours. Can you?

True, thats why I FFA sometimes. Heck, few friends I have I made crashing them at Bandos, or vis versa, and we just decided to FFA and switch off tanking.

Stonewall337.png

I never had the ability to crash anyone, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't. Though I do see your point when you say you 'deserve' to crash because of the time you put into the game, I still don't think I would do it even if I was in your position. I'd find something else to occupy my time with, considering the game is quite expansive and there is always something do. :thumbup:

Except now bandos is a chaoticfest. Get a chaotic weapon or you will get crashed in 3 kills.

I have CM & Titan.. I lost 2 out of 6 Graars to a guy using whip + defender mainly because I was out of spec restores and he wasn't

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

It's a jerk thing to do, but it's fair game. I wouldn't exactly agree with you earning the right, as anybody is free to try no matter how illogical it may seem to them. My philosophy is usually that if it's crowded, then it's fair game, since it's competitive now. If there's room to avoid crashing, then it's the right thing to do. But nobody gets to claim a spot for themselves, so crashing is always a valid option.

rssig2.png

@OP, so basically you are saying because you have no life, and train your skills more, we should worship you?

Nice life.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

@OP, so basically you are saying because you have no life, and train your skills more, we should worship you?

Nice life.

It's ironic, then, that you're being a much bigger ass than the OP.

dgs5.jpg

Nice life.

It's ironic, then, that you're being a much bigger ass than the OP.

+1. Some people can get maxed melee in the time others take to get 90 combat. Heck, I'm very efficient with my time.

Stonewall337.png

What's this talk about deserving spots? Nobody deserves anything.

Nobody deserves anything, nobody has earnt any right and there is no way you can say you earnt a spot. That doesn't mean you can't crash, it doesn't mean crashing is wrong, but don't justify it. It's not nice to others, but it's nice to yourself. Stand up for the fact that you choose for yourself, and I'll accept that. But this talk about deserving and earning is just crap.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

What's this talk about deserving spots? Nobody deserves anything.

Nobody deserves anything, nobody has earnt any right and there is no way you can say you earnt a spot. That doesn't mean you can't crash, it doesn't mean crashing is wrong, but don't justify it. It's not nice to others, but it's nice to yourself. Stand up for the fact that you choose for yourself, and I'll accept that. But this talk about deserving and earning is just crap.

Exactly, nobody does deserve or have the right to a spot, but I would hope that everybody playing has the ability to know that everybody has the right to be treated kindly and fairly and given a bit of respect.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Nice life.

This says it all. That OP is willing to spend hours and hours to a game does not give him more rights than someone who doesn't.

And by crashing this person you don't give him the time nor ability to gain exp. efficiently like you once did.

I never crash people and I never will, it's just sad and people who do crash make me cry. With crashing you only irritate other people, but if that is what you want... :?

Ares_Artemis.png

Nice life.

This says it all. That OP is willing to spend hours and hours to a game does not give him more rights than someone who doesn't.

And by crashing this person you don't give him the time nor ability to gain exp. efficiently like you once did.

I never crash people and I never will, it's just sad and people who do crash make me cry. With crashing you only irritate other people, but if that is what you want... :?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Your stats are sub-par and you've never hopped worlds over and over again looking for an open Graardor. What right do you have to harass and belittle players who often have no choice but to crash? You say you'll never do it, but if you ever decide to pursue MHing as a source of income or fun, you'll find yourself singing a different tune real quick.

The hypocrisy in this thread is unbelievable. The OP has yet to flame anyone, yet you and others feel compelled to insult him and call him a bad person. You all talk about respecting other players and being moral and nice, but you always resort to flaming the people you demand respect from.

dgs5.jpg

Nice life.

Let me guess - you're not a big monsterhunter, are you?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

[Equally flawed logic]

Just because you were there first, does not give you any more rights than someone who comes later. Infact, i could just say that you have already had your turn, as you were there first, now its my turn...

People who have already had there turn yet isnt giving me my turn... it's just sad, and people who do it make me cry. With hogging of spots you only irritate other people, but if that is what you want... :?

[/Equally flawed logic]

You can twist flawed logic however way you want, but at the end of the day, whoever has the better stats, reflexes, luck, will get the spot. And thats just the nature of it.

O.O

I don't see why you limit it to people weaker than you. I've never really tried boss hunting so I don't know what it's like but I used to take people's monster spots all the time when training slayer, and when people tried to take mine I just stuck around because I wasn't really bothered. The way I see is it is that I'm happy to have two people in one competetive spot, if they have a problem with it they can hop, and if I ever get frustrated at people turning up at my spot I just hop to save the hassle. Jagex have basically stated that crashing is part of the game via a comment one of the mods made, I don't remember the wording exactly but I'm sure you all know the one I mean.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.