Happy Halloween

Icuownage

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) There's no real historical meaning in this holiday..

Actually, Halloween is derived from the ancient Celtic pagan holiday of Samhein. The Roman Catholic Church renamed this holiday All Saints Day while maintaining some pagan elements in order to help convert the Celts to Christianity, if I remember correctly. It's also known as Halloween, which is the more popular name for the holiday, although commercialization has changed the holiday to serve a different purpose in our culture.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Actually, Halloween is derived from the ancient Celtic pagan holiday of Samhein. The Roman Catholic Church renamed this holiday All Saints Day while maintaining some pagan elements in order to help convert the Celts to Christianity, if I remember correctly. It's also known as Halloween, which is the more popular name for the holiday, although commercialization has changed the holiday to serve a different purpose in our culture.

tl;dr version: u get kandy nao

tl;dr version: u get kandy nao

nd bloodied virgins if ur in europa.

---------------------------------------

We used to never be allowed outside during trick or treating, my parents would always have a sign on the door effectically saying "lol atheists." And my mom would havve us watch lame ass movies that she thought were "horror" movies. She thought they were being racey to begin with, despite the fact they were effectively like Timmy the Tooth.

v71210lrx8n.jpg He is watching you.

Or we would go to this lame ass sexually repressed presbyterian party where every dressed up as like.. monks and [cabbage].

And of course, now that I'm older my mom is totally being "awesome," and bought lbs of candy, and a "f'ing" deluxe lord of the rings costume for my little sister. (She is going as Frodo. We don't have the heart to tell her that Frodo did not infact lead the armies to mordor and "crush saurons little head.") Oh well. She'll find out one day. Kinda like santa claus....

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

She'll find out one day. Kinda like santa claus....

Find out what about Santa Claus..? :unsure:

HE didn't actually kill Sauron.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

That he is not living in the North Pole with elves, but rather in the sky with your dead grandparents. You better not be naughty, or you'll be seeing burning coals for all eternity.

That he is not living in the North Pole with elves, but rather in the sky with your dead grandparents. You better not be naughty, or you'll be seeing burning coals for all eternity.

And that he didn't kill sauron. stop leaving out crucial parts of the curriculum.

Halloween is as much a holiday as I am a carnivore. And I'm not a carnivore, I'm a determined herbivore.

Aside from the fact nature and evolution/creation has determined you to be an omnivore.

Carnivore, herbivore, omnivore is not a classification based on what you decide to eat its a classification based on what your body is designed to eat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nothing Serp....there's nothing wrong with Santa...

Don't feed the troll, thanks.

Denial is always the first stage of accepting the downfall of RS to my hands. Don't worry you will be spared. Just don't call me a troll KTHX.

Don't feed the troll, thanks.

I believe you mean:

Don't feed the troll cooked meat, thanks.

Be respectful to his beliefs.

What's up with kids not saying Trick or Treat?

I swear, 3/4ths of the people that came to my door didn't even say it. And 1/2 weren't even wearing anything halloween-y.

What's up with kids not saying Trick or Treat?

I swear, 3/4ths of the people that came to my door didn't even say it. And 1/2 weren't even wearing anything halloween-y.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. A shotgun and a witty quip will do the trick - Try "Gerroff mah lawn".

Seriously, that's the lamest thing I've heard in a while and those kids need a wake-up call.

I made a last-minute Creeper (from Minecraft) helmet and went with friends. We then went to Target to get Starbucks.

That was my Halloween. Fun, huh? All the trick-or-treaters were gone by 8:00.

Sad, sad Halloween.

My house received less than 30 people, several of them teenagers, a good number not even dressed up!

I spent the rest of the evening in the hotub.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Sad, sad Halloween.

Both my friends whom I was supposed to go trick-or-treating with bailed. One had a legitimate excuse, the other one didn't do his [bleep]ing homework, even though I told him 5 freakin' times to get it done Friday/Saturday. Worst part was, I had to call him and ask why he wasn't here; he didn't even have the decency to call me and tell me he couldn't make it. [/pissed off rant]