Pro DGing

TheAncient

Putting a guide would neat on youtube or on wiki.

Well...

it's not hard to be pro dg.

It's hard to get a good team.

Just gate stuff , even if your keyer doesn't say anything.

It helps the keyer and speeds up dungeons.

and

You aren't even in DGE

Are you using the clan chat lmfao?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chaotic Crossbow is generally regarded as a waste of tokens.

what.

Guide is outdated, I wrote it back when 80DG was pro and they hadnt updated the cbows yet

Well...

and

You aren't even in DGE

I never joined DGE cause they started getting bad once I got 93... w148 is junk anyway.

Ya i agree in general its not hard to be pro dg. Still there are a lot of random small tips that people dont know about i think

Im mostly DGing with my perm team atm + randoms from 3bo or dge...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

i hope warped will improve some of the dgs as more good people will return to dgneering and floor 58 would mean whole team 115+. but anyway yeh stick with friends/clanmates

gate doors

listen to keyer

communicate with the team.....

pick up HERBS!

call doors after gds are done....

dont whine..

coins for alter.

prep for boss throughout dg not when all doors are open..

explore the dg w/o the keyer to find doors to gate- do more skillpaths but dont completely ignore and try to outlead the keyer...

those are the ways to be considered a good teamate and what seperates good dgers from bad dgers.

i agree the random worlds a few months ago were better than the dgs now as thiers more options for people with high dg lvl they dont need to go to world 117 like b4 when every top dger used 117

then to 77 (prob beggining of 77 the best random world teams tbh) then in world 148 (meh became 117 rlly quick..)

now that thier is more 100+ dgers people can make 100+ teams pretty damn easy and that is why alot of people have gotten lvl 120 now.

but where u got ur lvl does make a difference. people that got thier lvl on perm teams but only 100 cuz they stopped dg is prob better than a lvl 100 that got goofing off in 1hr dgs.

StarViv.png

(02:37:48) -[WQ]RuneScript- *** [ TRACKER ]: [Dungeoneering] Exp gains for Mazzzz in last 7hrs: 1,185,134 (97->98)

@nah

20 min break in the middle of that too

edit: DGE is really good now more than ever. No idea what you're talking about. W148 is in no way affiliated w/ DGE anymore just as 117 and 77 aren't. The CC is just as bad, however, official DGE members do advertise their teams in there when desperate keeping it somewhat worth idling in

I would like to see videos of an amazing 5man team doing a large dungeon with narration explaining what they were doing and why along the way. It would be really cool to have the video split showing the keyer and one nonkeyer at the same time. The main problem I've seen with the couple comprehensive dungeoneering guides out there is that they cater only to high levels. The majority of w117 don't have turmoil and such. Also I'd like to see sections for those without hoods. I'm over 70 Dungeoneering without seeing a single hood.

That doesn't sound too bad. I'll vid the next floor I key.

lalalasig2.png

A well done video guide is the answer. Visual aides are fantastic for generating interest in learning.

Video those <30minute runs, do text aides & a running commentary.

Make sure the video is in HD so people can read the text and easily see what you are clicking.

Making several videos would probably be a lot of work for 1 person, so maybe create a Dungeoneering youtube channel between a few of you keen on doing the project. That way you can provide multiple videos explaining ALL aspects of Dungeoneering. C1's, Starting off, Hood/no hood methods. (bosses probably don't need doing) & anything else you think is relevant

As for the culture aspect that can only really come from videos and well known players endorsing said video & the fansites doing a frontpage feature with the video & guide on the front. I definitely know if the top players endorsed the video and put a feature on their youtube pages it'd get another 50k views +

Since RSOF doesn't allow external links or mention of youtube it's difficult to penetrate the masses but you could try and cut/paste your guide from here onto RSOF.

But it's all about exposure and marketing the video/project. Those who want to learn will look up various guides on beforehand, however you will never ever change the people who don't care about being bad or have no interest in being better.

Just what i've learnt from WoW Raiding scene I guess. Although instancing makes up a far bigger percentage of gameplay than dungeoneering does in runescape unfortunately.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

World 148 gives like average of 50 minute floors now

<_<

Still the knowledge level seems to be much higher than W117, and usually the problems end up being that my teams dont have any maxed players and we get stuck with unopenable doors.

W148 is at least playable, albeit slow.

W117 players truly have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

the youtube vid limit is 15 mins, so if i do a 15 minute large ill upload it with commentary

and yes in my clan 15 minute larges have been done, just involves a good map.

great teams do 20-25 but they do them consistently

a_final_name.png

LOL 15min wow thats epic

for starcraft commentary people typically split games into multiple parts

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

im not a fan of dung guides, becuase they dont realy exist

you cant realy learn to dungeoneer from a guide......in fact heres the best dung guide out there... if you wanna get better at dung, go train dung

dung is the only true skill, because you actualy become better at it thru training. you can only learn dung by dunging yourself

a_final_name.png

LOL 15min wow thats epic

With new weapons, berserker rings, increased knowledge, general bugfixes/removing ML, floors are much faster than they used to be. What used to be a lucky map is now an average and some truly wicked times are possible. But yes, 15 minutes is epic :ohnoes:

A good way to split it up would be a < 15 minute video of the dungeon up to the boss and then a separate video of clearing the rest/doing the boss.

2496 Completionist

LOL 15min wow thats epic

With new weapons, berserker rings, increased knowledge, general bugfixes/removing ML, floors are much faster than they used to be. What used to be a lucky map is now an average and some truly wicked times are possible. But yes, 15 minutes is epic :ohnoes:

A good way to split it up would be a < 15 minute video of the dungeon up to the boss and then a separate video of clearing the rest/doing the boss.

bosses only take 1 minute of the dung (l2 rambo with hexhunter)

a_final_name.png

The Chaotic Crossbow is generally regarded as a waste of tokens.

what.

Guide is outdated, I wrote it back when 80DG was pro and they hadnt updated the cbows yet

Well...

and

You aren't even in DGE

I never joined DGE cause they started getting bad once I got 93... w148 is junk anyway.

Ya i agree in general its not hard to be pro dg. Still there are a lot of random small tips that people dont know about i think

Im mostly DGing with my perm team atm + randoms from 3bo or dge...

Actually, the CC of DGE can be pretty bad, if you go with randoms. Going with ranked people or finding IRC/Skype teams is pro.

I've gone with 3bo and most of our floors went well, but even so we've had bad ones.

Shortest floor was ~19 minutes.

Skype really helps.

Most of it is common sense, gate doors, drop key @ ht or GGS AND MAKE SURE KEYER KNOWS. Tell the keyer when you find a door/key. Chop a few GC to cook, 1-2 is enough, but sometimes its worth chopping more for bows in case of necro. This should take 1 person under a minute to do TBH. Don't gather every resoruce, the most you normally have to do is fish, nothing else is really needed. Have one person gather cash/blues so you can get an altar ASAP. Don't bother with vengance runes unless you are waiting for someone for some reason b4 boss. Don't clear hard GD's by yourself, its a waste of food/pray. LISTEN TO THE KEYER. Everyone grab tools. Don't waste time. Don't clear un-needed rooms unless the MOBS are like level 4. Share food. Etc Etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

LOL 15min wow thats epic

bosses only take 1 minute of the dung (l2 rambo with hexhunter)

Clearing up to half the map (the rest) takes a bit longer than 1 min :P By clearing the rest/doing the boss I meant that you do both at once. No need to follow the keyer when there are only key doors left. Split up and have 3-4 bossers

2496 Completionist

First one i vidded was a 27 minute, I'll upload it 3x speed at unimportant parts and do some commentary.

Grimy was talking about doing this on our perm team so we can get our skype feed too, I think its a great idea

We should also somehow get a way to get multiple peoples' screens up at once

-- there goes the secrecy haha

sigcopyaf.png

First one i vidded was a 27 minute, I'll upload it 3x speed at unimportant parts and do some commentary.

Grimy was talking about doing this on our perm team so we can get our skype feed too, I think its a great idea

We should also somehow get a way to get multiple peoples' screens up at once

-- there goes the secrecy haha

I would LOVE to see this.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Here is how i do Dungeons:

I usually take charge in team at world 117 and Key. On my way i mine Promethium or gorgonite rocks to make armor. Once i have made full armor set, i just open doors and go at it. I don't think youcan get 35+ minute floors easily with two binds.

Tier Berserker/Desperado and Gatherer matters for fast dungeons.

For example:

If all 5 players has Tier 8 berserker, 99% rush with 1%for strong melee pots would make the dungeon finish off fast.

I usually take charge in team at world 117 and Key. On my way i mine Promethium or gorgonite rocks to make armor. Once i have made full armor set, i just open doors and go at it. I don't think youcan get 35+ minute floors easily with two binds.

>117

>mine...to make armor

>don't think youcan get 35+ minute floors

*facepalm*

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

>117

>mine...to make armor

*facepalm*

>Clans require high Dungeoneering level to join

>When your keyer and your playing with strangers who aren't always as cooperative, you need armor to stay alive.

>This i was wrong. I forgot about Berserker class. You can get 35 minute dungeon with tier 8 for all 5 players.

*You can take that facepalm and shove it up to your as*

I don't think youcan get 35+ minute floors easily with two binds.

Oh no I think it's quite easy to get floors that are longer than 35 minutes with just two binds :P

anyways 35 minute or less floors might be hard with two binds if you're out there with a random team.

But up until recently, the perm team I'm in consisted of nothing but 2 binds (we are now all at or close to 3 binds).

and we managed sub 35 minute floors fine back then. Things are definitely much easier now without monster limit.

# of binds don't really matter much. Having a team of people you are *comfortable* with is the most important.

The pro-ness of each individual only can factor in so much into run speed.

Naaxi.png

Oh no I think it's quite easy to get floors that are longer than 35 minutes with just two binds :P

Yes, i was wrong about that. I forgot about classes for Ring of kinship.

Yes, i was wrong about that. I forgot about classes for Ring of kinship.

The rings help, yeah, but it's mostly the competency of the team that begets sub-30 minute floors.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

>117

>mine...to make armor

*facepalm*

>When your keyer and your playing with strangers who aren't always as cooperative, you need armor to stay alive.

>This i was wrong. I forgot about Berserker class. You can get 35 minute dungeon with tier 8 for all 5 players.

Making any armor is basically never going to be worth the time you spent on it when you could have fished and cooked instead. Let alone wasting the time to make a full damn set...

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

>117

>mine...to make armor

*facepalm*

Making any armor is basically never going to be worth the time you spent on it when you could have fished and cooked instead. Let alone wasting the time to make a full damn set...

Gatherer tier 8...And armor is better to have than loads food, because you can get KOED alot easier without armor than with if you end up in a dangerous room. Fishing and cooking is something team mates can do when Keyer don't need help with Guardian doors.