Pro DGing

TheAncient

See, this is what I was talking about on the first page of this thread. Some people just don't want to hear it when you try to help the become better dungeoneers.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gatherer tier 8...And armor is better to have than loads food, because you can get KOED alot easier without armor than with if you end up in a dangerous room. Fishing and cooking is something team mates can do when Keyer don't need help with Guardian doors.

I've been abusing gatestones recently (not group gatestones)

As all damage you receive while teleporting with the gatestone is never dealt to you.

If you see that you just failed a skill door, teleport and you'll avoid the damage.

Trap floors? Teleport after walking onto them to avoid the damage.

about to get KOed by monsters in a room? teleport to avoid the damage.

I don't die too often, even without any more armor than an antidragon shield and my SS hood these days because this is so abusable.

Naaxi.png

See, this is what I was talking about on the first page of this thread. Some people just don't want to hear it when you try to help the become better dungeoneers.

I can not access a good Dungeoneering clan because my level is to low. And i stayed on world 117 because it's many people there and i tend to get OK dungeons. And i mined armor because you can't relay on strangers help in world 117.

Your response to my bad way of Dungeoneering was *facepalm*. How is mocking someone for doing something wrong a good idea? Your not aiming to help, your just being a ashole.

Unlike you Grimy Bunyip has aimed to help me. Look above this post. And grimy, with lagg in world 117 it's safer with some armor. :shades: I am not gonna do rushing without armor until i am in a clan/group who i can count on.

Can you please stop insulting people who are giving you genuinely good advice? <_<

How is *facepalm* genuine good advice? Tell me that...and i didn't insult anyone except that person.

Did you not read everything else he typed? :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Can you please stop insulting people who are giving you genuinely good advice? <_<

How is *facepalm* genuine good advice? Tell me that...and i didn't insult anyone except that person.

Did you not read everything else he typed? :rolleyes:

This is all he said:

>117

>mine...to make armor

>don't think youcan get 35+ minute floors

*facepalm*

>Where is the advice on how to get a better world/group than 117?

well most of those people arent at the point where speed of floors rlly matters..

i mean 115-116 was 6.6m exp......now i have 2.5m to go but anyway 6.6m exp is around 5-6 resets..i need 5-6 resets do i want my resets to take 20hrs or do i want it to take 9.5hrs..

when u do a straight floors team usually maps get better as people start gettin to communicate w/ eachother, learn style of keyer/other players.

i generally dont fish and cook unless its really bad like low lifepoints whole floor...only on times with no gds usually to share w/ keyer.

StarViv.png

Welp, I can see where this is going. :rolleyes: Anyway, to be a little more on-topic:

Someone in a H&A thread had a pretty good idea for getting a hood (for people like me who don't have one). It's really simply, so I'm kinda surprised I had never heard about it. You just choose an abandoned 2 (I think?) floor, solo it (medium), and just leave when you get to the boss, killing every spider on the way there. Rinse and repeat. I'm definitely gonna try it when I get P2P back.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Welp, I can see where this is going. :rolleyes: Anyway, to be a little more on-topic:

Someone in a H&A thread had a pretty good idea for getting a hood (for people like me who don't have one). It's really simply, so I'm kinda surprised I had never heard about it. You just choose an abandoned 2 (I think?) floor, solo it (medium), and just leave when you get to the boss, killing every spider on the way there. Rinse and repeat. I'm definitely gonna try it when I get P2P back.

I should not insult someone, but someone mocking me deservs to be insulted. But let's end it.

That method for hood sounds interesting yes.

In f2p, "pro dging" is skiller rushing. Doing larges normally is also good but you don't get as much exp per dungeon.

There are differences though. Clearing rooms is more important since f2p gets way worse food, armor and weapons.

I'm thinking the way to go is to have one designated keyer open as many doors as possible, and having the rest clear out rooms, gating to the keyer if they meet gd's or high-level puzzle/doors.

Not many people rush in f2p...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

# of binds don't really matter much. Having a team of people you are *comfortable* with is the most important.

The pro-ness of each individual only can factor in so much into run speed.

Heh, this is something I realized the hard way. I find W148 dging less enjoyable as time goes on, and I'm not just talking about the decrease in competency. But when you do a floor with complete strangers, there is this feeling of estrangedness - this distant vibe that makes the entire experience less than fun. For example, today I was kicked from an F46 when the boss was Yklagor simply because I was the "filler" teammate, I didn't have prior experience of Yklagor, and they didn't need me anymore at that point. When you're rushing with strangers, they hold you to extremely stringent standards and will kick on the smallest of whims because they have no relation to you. This pretty much sucks the fun out of dging.

And that's where perm teams come in. It's so much more enjoyable to dg with people of your maturity level - people you know and can make small talk with during a floor - even in lieu of efficiency/speed. But the exclusionary nature of these teams present a problem - not to those in perm teams but the rest of players who are forced to stick it out with randoms. How can a starting player ever learn the ropes of DG in such a hostile environment? The two populations rarely mingle and when they do, tensions flare as a result of lack of intimacy and higher expectations being held to strangers.

I'm tired of being treated like leftovers, so to that end I'm trying to either join a decent perm team or start one myself, although I do not have the knowledge/experience to start one. Can anyone offer tips on that regard? Or better yet, if anyone has a few slots open for a perm team that is mature and friendly (preferably U.S. Timezone based), I'd appreciate if you'd let me know.

I wish I could rush :(

I've dabbled a bit at DG, but I'm nowhere near understanding how to do it without actually fishing all the fish, farming all the seeds, etc etc...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Learn to key. Once you get that nailed down, dg becomes much easier for you.

Also you don't really need to skill at all... just run past dangerous rooms with the protection prayer. (Even then your other teammates will help clear it anyway...)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm going to laugh at you if floors 48+ are tough enough to cream no-gears like they should be.

I'm pretty sure people will be able to adapt their existing methods for the new Warped floors if they are too difficult to rush. :rolleyes:

I'm going to laugh at you if floors 48+ are tough enough to cream no-gears like they should be.

who ever said the floors should be anything... what's wrong with developing metagame for dungeoneering? :blink:

i mean unless you really want to be running two-hour larges, fully equipped with all armor and food, like jagex suggests. but that's neither efficient nor "effective" (per your signature); two-hour larges on w117 will be impossible to finish

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The current strategies are based around finishing the current floors as quickly as possible. Clearly if the warped floors require tweaks, we'll tweak. That's the cool thing about doing things efficiently- you don't get attached to random crappy ways of doing things, it's all about adaptation and finding the best method of doing something. I don't think any pro dungeoneers will be disappointed if we have to do a little more smithing for warped floors, though personally I doubt it. Armor is really not all that useful against stronger monsters, and against weaker monsters you don't need it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Trend seems to be influx of mages as the levels increase. I could see sagg body being a good 4th bind but I really don't foresee armour or replacing hood as options.

Like grimy said, we probably need to do some testing for rangebody vs platebody

Also I'd think sagg body / prim legs or some other combination is better than 2 bodies... unless you have hex has your 3rd but not everyone is that lucky. also you dont have 99 slay lol

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Trend seems to be influx of mages as the levels increase. I could see sagg body being a good 4th bind but I really don't foresee armour or replacing hood as options.

Like grimy said, we probably need to do some testing for rangebody vs platebody

Also I'd think sagg body / prim legs or some other combination is better than 2 bodies... unless you have hex has your 3rd but not everyone is that lucky. also you dont have 99 slay lol

I don't really plan on binding hex hunter, but 99 slayer is one of my goals.

As for sagg body I'd love to see some testing. I was just assuming a platebody wouldn't be as useful without factoring in hood. When using a hood you have to consider when mages disable hood they hit hard with mage so you pray mage. Being hit by range/melee could make a platebody a better option so it's really hard to say. Testing would be best.

Low_C.png

I bound a tyro body for a short stint as a noob before I found my hood, and it was USELESS. Negative attack stats, and I still needed to pray mage more than anything else. Mages seem to be the most accurate in daemonheim, even at low levels, against mage defense. Meanwhile, there are reasons to pray mage besides just damage- namely to avoid curse spells and BINDS that forgotten mages will do.

Even assuming that ranged is just as accurate through melee armor as mage is through ranged armor, this is the trade we're looking at: no def in magic (prayer), crap def on range and great def against melee VS. crap def on mage, crap defense on ranged (prayer), lukewarm def on melee, and negative melee attack stats. Which would you choose?

Unless warped mages hit through prayer, I see no issues with keeping prom plate (or primal, woo!) bound and just mage praying like we do now.

lalalasig2.png

First one i vidded was a 27 minute, I'll upload it 3x speed at unimportant parts and do some commentary.

Grimy was talking about doing this on our perm team so we can get our skype feed too, I think its a great idea

We should also somehow get a way to get multiple peoples' screens up at once

-- there goes the secrecy haha

just leave it to me, lala, ancient, grimy, and shelby to show you guys how 20 mins is done (ill refrain from using novite battlaxe this dung...althought that still got me zerker)

a_final_name.png

First one i vidded was a 27 minute, I'll upload it 3x speed at unimportant parts and do some commentary.

Grimy was talking about doing this on our perm team so we can get our skype feed too, I think its a great idea

We should also somehow get a way to get multiple peoples' screens up at once

-- there goes the secrecy haha

just leave it to me, lala, ancient, grimy, and shelby to show you guys how 20 mins is done (ill refrain from using novite battlaxe this dung...althought that still got me zerker)

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL novite pro

sigcopyaf.png