Behind The Scenes November

Grimy_Bunyip

November is packed full of juicy updates for those who managed to avoid the ravenous zombie hordes of Halloween. A brand new desert quest (with monkeys in, of all things!), 13 new ‘warped floors’ (with matching bosses, rewards and challenges) AND a new area that combines Hunter, Farming and Herblore awaits!

Dungeoneering – The Warped floors

Requiring level 95 Dungeoneering to access, this is undoubtedly the biggest ‘high-level skill update’ we have ever released, with some of the toughest and most demanding bosses ever conceived. Even the standard wandering monsters have improved tactics to foil the most experienced dungeoneer. Six new, fully voice-supported bosses lie in wait for you, including the masters of all the unique races found in Daemonheim, like Kal’Ger the Warmonger, the new title-holder for Toughest Dungeoneering Boss Ever™. We also have eight new challenge rooms planned, six of which are available on all floors of Daemonheim.

With increased difficulty comes increased rewards, as the highest possible XP rates are available to those who have a prestige level of the maximum number of floors. Eight new rewards will be available from the rewards trader, including necklaces that regain prayer points as you bury bones, a new pet based around one of our most popular bosses, and the scroll of cleansing, which gives you a permanent chance of making potions faster and saving a secondary ingredient while you do so.

Graphically, the warped floors contain some of the most beautiful environments we have produced. Bilrach’s experiments with portals have been left unchecked, causing a magically twisted landscape that appears to distort into the void itself…but a void to where?

The final batch of tier-11 equipment will be released with this update, introducing additional primal, celestial and sagittarian gear. This is by far the most powerful gear available in the game to date, so max hit hunters should look to Daemonheim for ultimate epicness.

Herblore Habitat

We plan to go back to our roots this month, travelling just south of the Jade Vine for a spot of skill-based voodoo! Papa Mambo, the ex-witch doctor of Shilo Village, has installed himself as the (shrunken) head of a bustling ecosystem. Here, he will invite you to the centre of a circle of life: grow plants to attract creatures, hunt creatures to gain potion ingredients, and make potions to improve your plant-growing ability! Farming, Hunter and Herblore will all be trained in an area that requires a Farming level of at least 54, a Hunter level of 70 and a Herblore level of 54.

There will also be the opportunity to concoct ten juju potions, each with really wild effects: a fishing potion that attracts the elusive baron shark, mining potions that invoke the stone spirits, and a herblore potion that offers you the chance of double herbs when harvesting. Those who experiment with their environment, attracting eight different creatures in a given week, will win XP and clothing rewards. Those who go a step further, and entice the elusive Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak jadinkos, will receive an even scarcer prize. With seven new plants to grow and eight Construction features to build, Papa Mambo has grown an area that puts others to shaman.

Do No Evil

This month, it will be time to head down to the desert for a new quest that builds on a lot of the lore of that area of RuneScape, and which will tie together the disparate quest threads from the region. The Pharaoh Queen, Senliten, has much to catch up on after being cut off from the land of the living, and may have some insights into what is going on with the plagues, sandstorms and various schemes of the Devourer.

It’s not all serious business, though: there’s monkey business to be had, as you coax the simians of Ape Atoll to set up a colony on the sandy dunes of the Kharidian Desert. Why are monkeys and the desert so strongly linked? How did the Three Wise Monkeys really lose their senses? When will King Awowogei get his next food fix? And what do monkey knife-fighters carry in their pockets? Find the answers to these questions and more in Do No Evil, our latest master quest.

In other news...

This month, we are planning a project that stands apart from our other fixes and tweaks. We’re calling it the Bank Op And Equip Screen Update (BOAESU - very catchy, we know), and it will make the movement of items between your bank and equip screen much easier. With the release of this project, you’ll be able to right-click certain items in your inventory and operate them while your bank is open, like wearing items, filling essence pouches, eating food and drinking potion cures. You’ll be able to switch quickly and easily between your bank and equip screen, changing your avatar’s look and protection without having to constantly open and close your bank. And you’ll also be able to right-click an item on your equip screen to ‘view’ or ‘compare’ its stats with those of other items (even ones you are wearing). Snazzy, no?

In other, other news, the Varrock apothecary will offer a right-click option to mix more than one strength potion at a time, and revenants will no longer interrupt a fight with a combat NPC from Treasure Trails.

Have fun!

Mod Mark

RuneScape Lead Designer

This confirms three at least of the chaos elemental hints

I'm surpised they're releasing all 13 remaining floors. Everybody thought it was only going to be the next 12.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks very nice. doubt f2p will get any of the dg rewards (or only 1/2) but thats fine

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

The potions seem interesting, the quest is very welcome and Warped floors cant be bad.

Looking forward =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'm actually looking forward to the new monkey quest. I loved Monkey Madness and the RFD section was also very decent. :thumbup:

Warped Floors: Most likely i will never eb able to do those, so i just want to hear mroe about rewards.

Jungle thingy: I can't picture antyhing, I will have to see it to realise it's scope :unsure:

Bank update looks awesome, new quest and dung are good but nothing compares to speeding up the banking process :P .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

The new scroll sounds awesome, imagine using it for overloads, some torstols back? Yes please!

That and the other herblore update (double harvesting of herbs!) makes it seem like they're trying to make herblore cheaper, which is great.

Also that necklace + bonecrusher seems like a good combo for slayer.

Read this as -

Introducing more members only content for dungeoneering, making the pitiful F2P xp even worse through members only challenges. :angry:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Dungeoneering Warped floors - I would have been happy even if these were the only update of November!!

- The rewards sounds epic!

A new Living Rock Cavern? for Hunter, Herblore and Farming (and Construction?)

- The rewards sounds epic!

A Masters quest - tieing Mahjarat questline - Monkey questline (Desert treasure aswell?) and others together - The Void Stares back was a masters quest in disguise, this sounds like a Grandmaster quest in disguise

- And, i can imagine the rewards will be epic!

not to mention the other updates - finally the "year of awesome updates" has arrived@@ :thumbsup:

Boeg.png

The prayer restoring necklace sounds interesting. Probably not too useful for bosses (although if the type of bone buried increases gains, it could potentially replace a few prayer potions, leaving room for other things, which may lead to longer runs..), but might be useful for slayer if you're trying to save some potions..

The month sounds epic. Though I really hope 120 dung won't be required to unlock all music after the update.

Oh [cabbage], good point :o

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

The month sounds epic. Though I really hope 120 dung won't be required to unlock all music after the update.

Oh [cabbage], good point :o

You usually unlock a load of musictracks on the first few floors in a new "theme"

but..

Bosses all have their own musictracks, and there will be new bosses up to level 111-117? (Bilrach level 119/120?)

So music-hunters just got K0ed!

EDIT: "Music skillcape" myth = BUSTED? :blink:

Boeg.png

Two words:

ultimate epicness.

This.

I love this month, but they could have waited another month with the dungeoneering tbh. I could use the time to get to 95. :P

The only thing that disappoints me is that being such a noob and low level dungoneeer, I wont get to see the amazing look of the Warped floors for a very very long time :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Though I really hope 120 dung won't be required to unlock all music after the update.

Another one of my 2010 goals I set back in January just failed, no mercy. I'm not complaining though, about time they gave us "above average players" some goals to work for too.

Thats almost everything the Chaos Aelemental rablings predicted...

The only thing not there is the Red Axe related update...

Perhaps next month?

PS: Click my Signature picture!!!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Most exciting BTS I've seen in a while! :grin:

Even though I'm not even close to the Dungeoneering requirement of the new floors, I'm still quite excited to see how that turns out. And the bank thing sounds great!

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.