Behind The Scenes November

Grimy_Bunyip

I'll have quit or have PVP as my endgame by that point, runescape has alot of content you see, you just need to embrace it. :thumbup:

Oh my! so many options you give to me!

On door number 1, as you spend so many hours of gameplay we offer you ... .. .. NOTHING, we just recomend you to QUIT

But on the other hand, if you dont like quiting, we have, on door number 2 ... .. .. PVP

But id you don't like PVP that much, and in you entire Runescape carrer, when you steped the wild, were trying to find some buried treasure, we can offer ... .. .. .. . .

AbandonnedEpicDpser25.pngAbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedEpicDpser25.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This first being that anybody with any knowledge of a typical real-life scenario would know that kid 3, being both adult and enrolled in college, would fit two of the most common criteria for living a great distance from his younger siblings. I don't know about you, but I don't see myself driving two or more hours away from my own home to play with my kid brother's Nintendo, in such a case.

Its an imperfect analogy, plus, theres no reason kid 3 doesn't have an xbox of his own, are you trying to imply that its a burden for a high level to complete mid level content? Because the reality is quite the opposite.

The high level (kid 3), has easy access to all things kid 1 and 2 has, but not the other way around, high levels can do void stares back, low levels can't.

My other point was apparently lost on anybody as young as a typical RS player that didn't have older friends to expose them to more classic MMO games. Look at something like Everquest or Dark Age of Camelot if you want an example of a game with actual content that can't be cleared in a week of casual play.

No MMO can be cleared in a week of casual play o.O

On door number 1, as you spend so many hours of gameplay we offer you ... .. .. NOTHING, we just recomend you to QUIT

When a game stops being fun, its generally what you do.

If it hasent been fun for a long time, well then you should have quit a long time ago.

But on the other hand, if you dont like quiting, we have, on door number 2 ... .. .. PVP

My endgame isnt the same as your endgame. Being able to self sufficiently PK with maybe the occasional farm run in between and maybe some dungeoneering is my final goal in runescape.

O.O

If runescape was a library full of lore with reading requirements to be able to read all of the books stacked on the shelves.

(Estimated/Aprox figures.)

Then reading ages 3-6 would be about 20 percent of the books available.

The reading ages of 6-14 would be 70 percent of the books available.

The reading ages of 14+ (adults) would only be the remaining 10 percent of the books available.

SURE! Absolutely correct! The adults CAN read the children books. Your right. However... Why do I as an adult want to read picture books? Because you see.. the reading ages from 6+ is mostly pictures and big print. There are some pretty good books in there! dont get me wrong.. around the reading ages of 10 the storys turn from pictures into little fascinating children stories.

However as I get better stats and requirements for reading I must admit I prefer some higher level content. (aka older reading material)

Unfortunately for the children that cannot yet read to that level must continue to study the language (aka - get off lazy ass and skill instead of moaning how hard it is and how high levels deserve nothing..!) before they can enjoy the adult lore and better greater storylines. Unfortunately for low levels who cant be bothered must infact skill to enjoy the higher level lore. (If much of it existed - Which it doesnt.)

For the record. High level content doesnt necessarily have to take significantly longer to develop either. It can simply be added in to existing lower level content. Such as in a quest you can do additional higher levelled stuff if you have the requirements but it is not necessary to do so in order to complete the quest.

-

OMG jagex just released a new book to us this week!!! *Picks up the childrens book and looks at all the pretty pictures of balloons and rainbows, that anyone can enjoy"* Woot!

This first being that anybody with any knowledge of a typical real-life scenario would know that kid 3, being both adult and enrolled in college, would fit two of the most common criteria for living a great distance from his younger siblings. I don't know about you, but I don't see myself driving two or more hours away from my own home to play with my kid brother's Nintendo, in such a case.

Its an imperfect analogy, plus, theres no reason kid 3 doesn't have an xbox of his own, are you trying to imply that its a burden for a high level to complete mid level content? Because the reality is quite the opposite.

The high level (kid 3), has easy access to all things kid 1 and 2 has, but not the other way around, high levels can do void stares back, low levels can't.

My other point was apparently lost on anybody as young as a typical RS player that didn't have older friends to expose them to more classic MMO games. Look at something like Everquest or Dark Age of Camelot if you want an example of a game with actual content that can't be cleared in a week of casual play.

No MMO can be cleared in a week of casual play o.O

When a game stops being fun, its generally what you do.

If it hasent been fun for a long time, well then you should have quit a long time ago.

My endgame isnt the same as your endgame. Being able to self sufficiently PK with maybe the occasional farm run in between and maybe some dungeoneering is my final goal in runescape.

and then i hope you can do those stuff, and you just think outside of your world, and see that an ocasional update that for you do nothing, but for others are very welcomed, do no harm to you.

as for me, several if not almost all updates do very close to nothing to me, and just a few i can enjoy.

and i dont mind that exists those kind of updates (i think they are necessary as well), but i just dont understand why bother you the kind of updates several of us ask?

AbandonnedEpicDpser25.pngAbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedEpicDpser25.png

What's your guess that the pet is going to require 99 or 120 dungeoneering?

I bet you anything you are willing to that it isn't that high. :P

Oh, and why is a huge discussion about what defines a high level update, on a behind the scenes thread?

After the first elite diary, I've looked at it like this:

Low level stuff: 1-40

Medium level stuff: 41-60

High level stuff: 61-80/85

Elite level stuff: 86+

In my opinion, if 90 agility was need for a quest in order to cross 1 rope at one point, screw it, they could have made level 1 agility.

If it requires you 90 agility because you constantly need to run from monsters, so be it. Same for pretty much any skills.

If the level doesn't add anything, why use it?

EDIT: But please make some very hard quests.

WarBlastoise.png

As much as I had hoped that the dungeoneering update would be high level content, it really isn't. It's a bunch of new floors to work toward with no incentive- rewards still stop at 85. The only reasons you'd go back to reach the warped floors is if you lose a chaotic, like the minigame, or want total level.

Eventually I'll be back there for the third reason, but it's still going to be a long, thankless grind with no useful rewards in sight. Very unfortunate and very Jagex to make a skill go to 120 with rewards up to 85.

I'm suggesting we cut the exp required to get 99 in a skill in HALF and call the ENTIRE UPPER HALF "high level," and you're saying that's not defining enough of the process as high level?

Ridiculous. This is the main problem with selfish low levels- they don't understand just how much TIME goes into getting from the content they consider "high" (like 80) to maxing out at 99. The real high level stuff starts around 95 to be perfectly honest.

Kinda contradicting yourself there.

Ok, MAYBE occult isn't THAT high level, but considering it goes from 70-93, and was released after the skill has only been there for a couple months, I'd consider it high level content. But saying warped floors isn't high level, what? It starts from 95 and goes to 120 for heaven's sake! How much higher do you want it?

There's tons of incentive, such as getting better primal weapons, purchasing different chaotic weapons (I mean, who can only settle for just one, when they're so damn awesome?!) Don't you think Jagex will release rewards from 85+? Do you honestly think they're finished with a skill that's only been out for 6 months? This isn't construction/smithing we're talking about, this is the supposed end-game skill.

Speaking of construction, I do understand how much TIME goes into maxing out a skill. It took me a year of on and off training to get to 99 and construction is one of the fastest skills to train. But I don't see what your trying to say. My point is there are certainly enough high level updates recently and you have plenty of content to play around with.

There's a difference between adding crap to grind and incentive. The warped floors are the equivalent of a new potion to make- okay, cool, but in the end I'm still grinding for nothing. If they released rewards above 85, that would be like untradable potions for herblore, to complete the analogy. It would give me a reason to grind to get something neat. Dungeoneering currently has grind content all the way to 120, which is great, but if the incentives stop at 85 it still feels like a gigantic treadmill.

Surely you can see the difference between training incentive and training method?

Wait, you don't see getting different chaotic weapons as incentive? That's not my problem then. And warped floors just speeds up the "grind" (I wouldn't call dungeonerring with a team a grind), getting you to your items faster.

Actually, I'm not even against high level content so I don't know why I'm argueing with you on that. Eventually, they'll add more, and I look forward to those updates, but you guys sure act like spoiled kids rather than 18 year old college students.

Staurolite.png

i dont even know whats coming this month, except for the warped article i didnt even read the rest of the bts, and if more updates come this month i wont read them or do them, this month is already complete so updates from here on mean nothing to me

a_final_name.png

In my opinion, if 90 agility was need for a quest in order to cross 1 rope at one point, screw it, they could have made level 1 agility.

If it requires you 90 agility because you constantly need to run from monsters, so be it. Same for pretty much any skills.

Please, for the love of Guthix. Don't start that topic again. :wall:

It was being discussed...I'm not starting anything...

WarBlastoise.png

It was being discussed...I'm not starting anything...

Ah, apologies then. I skipped a bit.

Still think it needs its own topic though, instead of it poisoning topics that have nothing to do with it.

SURE! Absolutely correct! The adults CAN read the children books. Your right. However... Why do I as an adult want to read picture books? Because you see.. the reading ages from 6+ is mostly pictures and big print. There are some pretty good books in there! dont get me wrong.. around the reading ages of 10 the storys turn from pictures into little fascinating children stories.

However as I get better stats and requirements for reading I must admit I prefer some higher level content. (aka older reading material)

Unfortunately for the children that cannot yet read to that level must continue to study the language (aka - get off lazy ass and skill instead of moaning how hard it is and how high levels deserve nothing..!) before they can enjoy the adult lore and better greater storylines. Unfortunately for low levels who cant be bothered must infact skill to enjoy the higher level lore. (If much of it existed - Which it doesnt.)

Id say reuniting the lost diamonds of azzanadra and trekking through an ancient pyramid so you can learn the ancient secrets of a new and immensely powerful spellbook is pretty epic for any player, even if it is avaliable to lower levels.

For the record. High level content doesnt necessarily have to take significantly longer to develop either. It can simply be added in to existing lower level content. Such as in a quest you can do additional higher levelled stuff if you have the requirements but it is not necessary to do so in order to complete the quest.

Hey im in full support of that.

O.O

And woohoo, I was ignored again!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the herb-thing update. Looks like it could net me some amusing farming xp, and having stuff that gives "double capabilities" never hurts either.

I paid attention.

I'm waiting on the baron shark.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png