Shadow Silk Hood

Leyenda

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon as I get 71 Dunge, I'm hunting for a celestial box...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

My advice is don't worry about camping for hoods. I got my hood from a large dung and the rest of my teammates had a hood, so naturally they gave the hood to me :-)

Just try and get lucky with your team and be the only one w/o a hood, and surely if you guys manage to find one they'll give the hood to you. Yesterday I had a team where one of our guys didn't have a hood, and we got one and gave it to him.

That's stupid...

Prom 2h + box?

or

Box + hood?

Either way its inferior to 2h + hood

Except if you already have the 2h + hood bound, you can bind the box in your ammunition bind. Your just screwed if you have to unbind something for whatever reason, or when you hit 100 Dunge.

But I guess I'm being off topic.

Um, only hood I've seen was with a team. I was lucky enough to snag it myself o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Just try and get lucky with your team and be the only one w/o a hood

More likely to get booted than to see a spider in the dungeon

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

I've never been booted for not having a hood. :unsure:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Or have one or more members of the team leave and regroup, which is essentially being booted. Also, it's pretty much impossible to get a w148 group without a hood

All skills 70+

Or have one or more members of the team leave and regroup, which is essentially being booted. Also, it's pretty much impossible to get a w148 group without a hood

Have you tried recently? These teams are all pretty darn open. I was told I needed 80 dunge and I've done quite a few floors there.

WarBlastoise.png

Have you tried recently? These teams are all pretty darn open. I was told I needed 80 dunge and I've done quite a few floors there.

Yes, but I am neither hooded nor 120+ combat

All skills 70+

I'm also currently SSH-hunting. I started at F12, doing meds, up to 24 atm. So far only seen two spiders, neither of which dropped a hood. Also took a break from doing meds, and decided to do a large. Seen two spiders in F43 Large, but of course, neither dropped a hood. So I'm 0:4 hood:spider ratio for today <_<

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

After seeing dozens of hood drops on my way to my current level...I'd say they're about a 1/15 drop or so. This could be very off, it's just my experience across ~16m experience.

I recommend trying to get teams with people who already have hoods because then if you get a hood it's all yours. Teams may be less willing to take you, but your personal chances of seeing a hood go way up.

2496 Completionist

I'm also currently SSH-hunting. I started at F12, doing meds, up to 24 atm. So far only seen two spiders, neither of which dropped a hood. Also took a break from doing meds, and decided to do a large. Seen two spiders in F43 Large, but of course, neither dropped a hood. So I'm 0:4 hood:spider ratio for today <_<

Update: Just got another spider, without a hood drop of course. 0:5 today....

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Not to rub salt in the wounds or anything, but I got my silk hood on the second night spider I've ever seen. It was a duo med c6 on floor 24 or 25 about two days ago. However, from most of the people I've asked they get them in the range of 22-31.

Soloing meds can be VERY boring, I'd say just keep training normally, and key all the large dungeons you can. Stay ahead, look carefully in DEs, night spiders tend to be in bonus rooms/ non-critical path alot, so keep an eye out. When you find one, and no one is close to you, you can kill it. Be sure to specify that GGS is not safe, so no one teles to you and steals your hood drop. Solo meds can be a huge waste of time if you have bad luck, it is better to just continue dungoneering normally. I didn't see my first hood until level 75 ish, and didn't get to bind one until 79.

Just keep at it and don't give up :thumbup:

Staurolite.png

I've seen around 15 spiders and i've seen 2 hoods. First i kinda freaked out since i was hyped for it, but then, after binding it and making a whole reset (floors 1-28, 1-21 solo meds ;22-28 5:5 larges), i couldn't see how people hold them in high regards. After this, I think I'll never bind one over my beloved prom plate the second hood i saw i gave it to Mdeoxys.

But if you really want one, maybe try doing abandoned floors. All the power to you, i'll stick with my platebody :thumbup:

^^ you have to learn to play hooded too, make 1-2 piece of armor and normal rooms should all be easy. (learned the hard way that without a body armor some bosses pown, Sagitar lol)

Got mine on a abandonned 2 large 5:5 if that helps, think i never saw more than 5 spiders total on all the solo small and meds i did.

nasty_jenny.png

I've done 15 solo or duo meds abandoned 2, and only saw two spiders, neither of which dropped hood. So I'm thinking it is better to just try and continue training as best you can and wait for one.

Hameigh.png

If a w148 team gives you crap, tell them you lost it in the bound items bug with Warped release. That way you get sympathy, and people will look for a hood for you.

That is probably the best piece of advice I have received thus far :D

Too bad I don't have a high enough level to access the warped floors...

But right now, I'm taking a break from dungeoneering having bought the rapier already (strangely, I'm not even using it)

All skills 70+