What was the first thing you did when you got members for the first time?

Knitewulf

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taverly gate.

Exactly the same for me. And then I went west from there, exploring Catherby, Camelot, Ardounge, Yanille, Castle Wars...Awesome memories :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Pickpocketed mens in lumby. Then took a walk to varrock, killed dark wizards untill i got my first mem-only item : a blood rune. Was kinda special lol.

Then as above poster i bought an eyepatch. Took a trip to mossies where i met a nice guy that gave me all his loot expect the rannars seeds.

Went to catherby then where i spend days big net fishing.

nasty_jenny.png

Might not have been the first thing I did, but at some point I managed to start the Fight Arena quest, got to the part where you have to fight the hellhound and realised I had no chance of beating it, and no teleports available for me to get out, and for some reason I was carrying all my money with me (52k, it was a lot to me at the time) because I didn't want to lose my 52k I did the most logical think possible; I cancelled my subscription and didn't play for a month, so I spawned in lumbridge with my 52k :thumbsup:

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Marched my self to the ice mountain and met my first wolf. I frantically clicked to run and realized I was playing with the big boys. Spent that whole night trying to pass that mountain. (was harder back then with the 3 rounds before running bit).

Finally managed to pass it and ran out in the living room screaming "I DID IT!" While my family looked at me like I was a nut. I then did what any other kid new to the members world did and grabbed any members item I could get my hands on. I also remember going to my first runevillage drop party (back when they were big) and getting a yew longbow and nearly soiling my pants with excitement. Needless to say, I had a great time.

Doing a quest...can't remember the quest name because that was 7 years ago. #-o

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I got members pretty early on, I don't even think I was level 10 yet. So I spent my first couple members weeks just staying in the f2p area (was too afraid to go past where my newbie map showed), just doing normal noob stuff. The whole game was still new to me, so members stuff was no different. I remember doing gertrude's cat though, as my first member quest. It took me hours, haha.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

I think for me, I hit the TzHaar area, and enjoyed killing the TzHaar with pro melee on, then dying in the fight caves.

I also remember the level 90 being difficult...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The first thing I did upon becoming p2p was fletch. I bought alot of willow logs from the general store for i think it was 12 gp (back when you can buy the stuff other people sell to general stores) and oak logs for I think 6 gp. This was like a little bit at a time over months or perhaps even a year or so :P. When I did decide to get members (finally) it was by money order. I spent the few days of waiting chopping logs and killing chickens to make arrow shafts then headless arrows until I could make oak longbows. I was left with alot of oak logs left by the time i got the fletching level to make willow longbows.

When I first became signed up to receive RuneScape Membership, I remember the first task I pursued, without dispute, was a game of Castle Wars. I remember this so clearly because of how populated the World I played Castle Wars in was, and although I died quite a bit, I truly was consumed by how interesting Castle Wars, let alone members, itself was. Also, some of the players I encountered my first moments on RuneScape whilst playing Castle Wars also influenced my future goals, for example, I remember seeing a player with a rather quick, powerful weapon, and once I learned it was an Abyssal Whip, I immediately began working towards being able to afford an Abyssal Whip and achieving level 70 Attack.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png