What was the first thing you did when you got members for the first time?

Knitewulf

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the first day exploring and did some quests and tried out all the skills. Then, I cut and fletched willows almost nonstop for 2 months. By nonstop I mean maybe an hour a day, but my parents stopped paying cause they thought I was spending too much time playing games. I was really sad that I didn't spend my time doing something else. Everything I did in f2p after this was to prepare for when I could get members again, and I remember I had 70 attack, 60 defence and about 40 strength at one point.

CATHERBY!

OMFG ITS A FISHING SPOT RIGHT NEXT TO BANK, IM GONNA CATCH SWORDFISH SO FAST NOW.

So true. This is when fishing became profitable, instead of just free fish to continue killing Lesser Demons with on Karamja. Fire plz.

I remember being completely fascinated about charged Glory Amulets. Better than a Power Amulet and I can teleport with it? I do believe I was in the Falador mining caves when I obtained membership. All I could do was message my friends with the good word and ask a couple of them what I should do now.

Training agility at gnome course (just wanted to get faster, cause I realized I'd have to walk a lot in the first days). Of course getting there was a pain, getting over WWF was a bit of a hassle, so I gave up and chartered to Catherby from Port Sarim.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

pickpocketed some men

This too...

me three :)

spent like 1 hour pick pocketing men and then i went to catherby. knew no one in mems and got lost. spent next 2 hours trying to get out of mems :)

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

I'd say being a new member is the best feeling in Runescape. You're (somewhat) knowledgeable about the mechanics of Runescape, but you get that feeling of being a complete noob with so much opportunity, again. So much new content to explore.

I knew that i was going to be a member soon (was waiting to receive the cash from my first job), so i planned everything. The first minute, i entered taverley, did herblore quest/lost city, etc etc. Next day no lifed fletching like 70 with 18k willow logs in falador bank (ah i remember so well lol). Tbh, my best rs week for sure.

Skiller11101.png

I bought a rune halbred for 100k, and went to kill moss giants over the rocks.

Good days..

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was early 2004, ran over white wolf mountain. Dropped a big one when i saw how close you could fish lobbies to a bank.

Sat there for like 2 hours and 'made bank'.

First goal I had after becoming a member and checking the stuff out was completing every quest, took around a week and I remember it being really fun at the time. Wish I enjoyed questing now as much

Winarr.png

Went through the Taverly gate, started the Witch's House, went to Catherby... and that's all I remember.

All the people saying they looked at fairy rings/familiars/god swords make me feel old :unsure:

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

• 3 weeks later...

Taverley gate - did druidic ritual in 2004/2005 - herblore from 1 to 4, I could make attack pots! I thought OMG, now I have att and str pots, I will own! haha

I also knew there were dragons to kill, so I went to lvl 13 wildy next to the castle in full rune, including rune kite ( i know, no ant-dragon) and I almost killed my first green dragon before I was roasted and died. I still remember the lol's from the other members there... great time

Greetz

Wozzels

Tavelery gate.

It was like a month after members came out. Started the Druidic Ritual Quest, killed some random druids.

I didn't even prepare for getting members, all I did was stand at the gate 2 weeks after my mum mailed a cheque to Jagex.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Took a canoe to barb village. Bought a glory at the GE. Tele'd to edgeville because I couldn't use the shortcut haha!

Then I got a guided tour by a guy called Dragon Kin, and then I trained my agility :) .

I'm not an efficienado.