02-Nov-2010 - Dungeoneering � The Warped Floors

SirHartlar

For those worthy enough to reach them, the Warped Floors delve another thirteen floors deeper underground. Six new bosses await dungeoneers here, such as the crazed human test-subject Blink, who has been driven mad by his love for portal magic. Use the room’s cover to your advantage and perhaps you’ll live to survive his furious attacks – but there are no promises. Then there are the hope devourers, behemoths with a hunger for an opponent’s faith. If you fall to this beast, you won’t be the first, or the last.

No Dungeoneering release is complete without challenge rooms, and this update comes with eight new combat and skill-based trials, including one Warped-specific room. This warped room will require sturdy constitution and a mind for puzzles, as you move from room to room through a labyrinth of portals.

With the deepest set of floors comes the final peak of our XP upward curve, allowing Prestige veterans to access the tastiest XP and token rates. Now there’s no excuse to stop at a mere level 99 - it’s onwards to true skill mastery and level 120!

If you’re a reward fiend, then worry not: there are eight new items for those with a token hoard big enough. The bone necklaces restore prayer points when you bury bones (a perfect complement to the bonecrusher), while a spirit cape will reduce the cost of your combat familiar’s special moves. Members might also get their hands on a tamed stalker pet, a curious creature with a nasty habit of collecting your eyelashes and toenail clippings...

Enjoy!

Mod Trick, Mod Chris L, Mod Liono and Mod Mark

The Dungeoneering Team

In other news...

The black mask has a new “Remove-charge" option to aid players wanting to sell their masks via the Grand Exchange.

Bob Barter, the Herblore expert at the Grand Exchange who decants your potions into 4-doses for you, will now accept noted potions.

The Daemnonheim boss Icy Bones now correctly drops his 'Troll scrawlings' - a part of the Dungeoneering journal.

The Yanille pet shop owner will now allow players to sell as many spirit shards as they like.

All skillcapes have now been reworked to use identical skill icons.

The Halloween event will now remain in-game until next week.

[hide=Patch Notes]Graphical

* The citizens of Lumbridge have had their animations updated.

* The wolf-fur sarong no longer stretches if worn while fishing.

* The Barbarian Assault role symbols have had their colours returned.

* Female pirates will now all have female voices.

* The cooking skillcape emote no longer clips on male players.

* The jury members in the court cases D&D have had their animations tidied up.

* The Tree Gnome Stronghold's swamp has had a ground tile re-coloured to match the surrounding area.

* The dragon kite no longer floats beside the player when walking across balance logs.

* The elite Black Knight caves have had the flooring altered to solve the flickering issues.

* The farming patches south of Falador have been altered to stop black lines appearing.

* Meeting History's Laura has had her head remodelled to be more human-shaped.

* A hole in the Lumbridge Catacombs has been filled in.

* The Burgh de Rott Ramble NPCs now hold their weapons correctly.

* The wall charts in the Observatory are no longer disappearing into the walls.

* An ogre Child in Oo'glog has had his chathead animation tidied up.

* The small orrery in player-owned housing will now rotate correctly.

* Players’ shields no longer show when the player is performing the Puppet Master emote.

* Rimmington's general store now has floors attached to the walls.

* The Third Age robe top no longer clips when performing certain actions.

Audio

* The dwarf handcannon now has a sound effect for its special attack.

* The foreman of Karamja’s shipyard now uses a more powerful punch sound effect.

* Black Heather now sounds a lot more female.

Quests and Achievement Diaries

* Beginning the Dealing with Scabaras quest has had a typo fixed.

* Veliaf no longer clones himself during the In Aid of the Myreque quest.

* The Myths of the White Lands and Swept Away quests now report the correct number of Quest Points that a player will receive upon completing them.

* Supreme Commander Bisi will now take into account the events that happened during Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf.

* A typo has been fixed in Troll Romance's quest journal.

* A typo has been fixed in Sir Tiffy's chat in The Void Stares Back.

Activities and Distractions & Diversions

* The Pest Control ammo store now stocks more adamant javelins.

* Great Orb Project barriers will no longer send players into walls, and can no longer be placed next to the altar by running.

* Razmire's store now stocks more swamp paste.

* Receiving a Shattered Heart statue bag and turning off the receiving of statue parts no longer conflict with each other.

* The elite Void Knights armours have had their names and descriptions tweaked for clarity.

Miscellaneous

* Karamja has had some blocking removed near the buildings.

* Hunting camouflage has been updated to have a greater effect while hunting.

* The H.A.M. court case has had some typos fixed.

* Diango's holiday items interface now has a scrollbar to allow players to see more than 48 items.

* Father Aerick now realises that his "gap in the fence" is actually now a paved archway.

* Flowers have had their names and descriptions altered for colour clarification.

* The Cooking Guild's store now has a stock of pie dishes.

* Kuradal has had a typo fixed when speaking about TzHaar tasks.

* Several Summoning special move messages have been removed from the game’s spam filter.

* Some blocking has been removed from around the prayer altar in the Zamorak church west of Goblin Village.

* The checks for giving a progress hat have been made more robust.

* Wyson now gives the correct number of lily seeds to players with little inventory space.

* The explorer’s ring's High- and Low-level Alchemy and Superheat Item spells now use a different interface to prevent confusion while alching.

* Quick falconry is now a lot quicker, and is now labelled Falconry.

* Slayer creatures can no longer be attacked with a low Slayer level using a Spirit Kyatt.

* Tarn's Lair will no longer inform the player about prayer running out twice.

* The Wise Old Man now realises that Kayle doesn't use a bow.

* The grapple point west of Castle Wars now functions correctly. [/hide]

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, let's see if the new rewards are any good. :D

First post :D

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Kbase isn't updated with the rewards yet. Guess we'll have to see ourselves.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Use the rooms cover to your advantage and perhaps youll live to survive his furious attacks but there are no promises.

Sounds like Nomad to be honest.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Bob Barter, the Herblore expert at the Grand Exchange who decants your potions into 4-doses for you, will now accept noted potions.

Grrreeeaaattt.... extreme pots can't be noted.

Update looks good- atleast on paper.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ARGH :wall:

Updaye looks awesome though. Hopefully I'll be able to try out Warped floors when I get around to dungeoneering some again.

Update looks good- atleast on paper.

It can't be stored in BoB either, so messed up.

Please remember everyone, we're VERY interested in pics of new rewards, new items, new monsters and of course the BOSSES! Please post pics as .png and you will of course be credited for contributions :thumbsup:

I'm just 73 dung so I won't be able to see any of this firsthand this side of christmas probably :-P

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Aye I realized the xpot thing too.. I got 4k spec recovers I'd want decanted. Still, warped floors! Just finished my regular abandoned one with 10 secs on the clock.

Buring necklaces: require 30/60/90 prayer and dungeoneering, restore 1-3 ppoints per bone (depending on type and level).

Stalker is just a pet.

Cloak reduces familiar scroll usage.

Amulet of zealots: reduces pray bonus by 8 (a minus 8 penalty to your prayer points?), improves power of single-stat boosting prayers.

Surgebox holds wave/surge spell runes.

And scroll of cleansing, saves seconds and time :thumbup:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I wonder if the bone crusher and the prayer necklaces can work together (the bone crusher converts exp .. but you can always hope)

EDIT: The only good new item IMO is the Celestial Surgebox.

Looks like it reading the post.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

[16:13:59] Mike: Amulet of Zealots, 40k. +2 to each attack, -8 penalty to prayer points, improves effect of prayers used on single skill (so not piety, but like the +15 strength one)

[16:14:23] Mike: Spirit Cape 45k, +3 to each defence, reduction of cost of combat familiar scrolls

[16:14:51] Mike: Split DRagontooth necklace, 17k. requires 60 prayer ( and I assume dung) 1 prayer point for normal bone, 2 for baby dragon and wyvern

[16:15:11] Mike: Celestial Surgebox 65k - used to store wave and surge spells

[16:15:40] Mike: Sneakerpeeper Spawn - 85k - 80 dungeoneering. Pet stalker

[16:16:05] Mike: Demon Horn Necklace, 35k - 90 dungeoneering (prayer too), 1 prayer for normal, 2 for baby dragon/wyvern, 3 for dragon/ourg/frostdragon

[16:16:41] Mike: Scroll of Clensing, 20k - chance make potions quicker + save secondary item

[16:17:27] Mike: Twisted Bird Necklace - 8.5k - 1 prayer point per normal bone (30 prayer)

The new rewards.

Ones without a level can be used at 73 dung

I wonder if the bone crusher and the prayer necklaces can work together (the bone crusher converts exp .. but you can always hope)

Looks like it reading the post.

Well then I might use it at hellhounds tasks for example :P (cannon + this at the resource dungeon ...) It might actually save 1 of the 3 prayer pots I use rofl.

The newpost said they compliment each other so I would imagine so

chumley.png

Rewards are crap. :thumbdown: What a fail update, and it was an update that goes above level 100. :rolleyes: Had members canceled but renewed for this update. :thumbdown:

[16:13:59] Mike: Amulet of Zealots, 40k. +2 to each attack, -8 penalty to prayer points, improves effect of prayers used on single skill (so not piety, but like the +15 strength one)

[16:14:23] Mike: Spirit Cape 45k, +3 to each defence, reduction of cost of combat familiar scrolls

[16:14:51] Mike: Split DRagontooth necklace, 17k. requires 60 prayer ( and I assume dung) 1 prayer point for normal bone, 2 for baby dragon and wyvern

[16:15:11] Mike: Celestial Surgebox 65k - used to store wave and surge spells

[16:15:40] Mike: Sneakerpeeper Spawn - 85k - 80 dungeoneering. Pet stalker

[16:16:05] Mike: Demon Horn Necklace, 35k - 90 dungeoneering (prayer too), 1 prayer for normal, 2 for baby dragon/wyvern, 3 for dragon/ourg/frostdragon

[16:16:41] Mike: Scroll of Clensing, 20k - chance make potions quicker + save secondary item

[16:17:27] Mike: Twisted Bird Necklace - 8.5k - 1 prayer point per normal bone (30 prayer)

The new rewards.

Ones without a level can be used at 73 dung

Disappointing.

C1Geq.png

The ONLY thing I'm interested in, and am barely interested in at all because I havn't bothered buying the prayer, is if:

This works with augury/rigour?