Dungeoneering Suggestions

Grimy_Bunyip

I agree with all of them. PvP and Dungeoneering are a match made in heaven, although they'd have to be symmetrical maps, otherwise it will be nearly impossible to guarantee that both teams have equal opportunities at getting resources.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Before making updates to dg they need to fix the reward system, i dunno about p2p but in f2p its ridiculous, in f2p u unlock a reward, but then you need like 12 lvls higer to actuallly have enough money to be able to pay for it and even then you might need even more if you have spent tokens on other stuff.

They shouldnt update it until they fix it, Jagex must of been drunk while doing the reward system...

SUPER.gif

New suggestion! :D

I present this mode for three purposes:

-As a funner alternative to C1's

-To help players who have a small number of floors before reset, and can't find teams for them.

-Provide a challenge for more competent boss fighters.

You start off, provided with a set amount of resources.

After you and your team prepare, you enter the gauntlet.

After you enter, you cannot exit to restock on materials.

You fight the 6 bosses for a floor type (frozen, furnished, abandoned, occult, warped) in a row.

Death may or may not be permanent (I don't want to consider balancing details in this thread)

Upon completion, all floors of the type are cleared off.

You can do a gauntlet without XP loss so long as you have a single floor from the floor type incomplete.

That way say, if you have only floor 43 left

and another player has only floor 47 left

You can do a gauntlet mode together in spite of the lack of common floors.

And of course you can do a single frozen gauntlet to clear 1-11 in a single go.

I also won't comment on how much xp/tokens this mode will give since I don't want to consider balancing details in this thread.

Naaxi.png

I'm really wondering why such a small, yet huge improvement isn't suggested:

being able to see your own floors (which you have open or finished) without going into a team!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Some very nice suggestions (more weapon add-ons and extra binds would be awesome), but the pvp and race suggestions could be troublesome to implement. It reminds one of SC or GOP, and in these minigames, people basically never play the games the way "they're supposed to" - there's cc's specifically made for maximizing the xp you can get, which totally removes the whole idea of the minigames.

I.e., a SC cc is made specifically for skilling, meaning no combat is allowed, and people do follow these rules. The players skill for 20 minutes, getting max xp, and Sc isn't Sc as Jagex wanted it to be. The same thing applies to GOP - "50-50-cc's", where the two teams get a specific amount of altars to lure the stars/orbs.

Even lowering the xp you get isn't a solution, as people would just stick to normal dungeoneering, leaving pvp dungeoneering or racing completely unused. Yeah, a clan or two might do a fight once in a while, but it's definitely not what would be the purpose.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I'm really wondering why such a small, yet huge improvement isn't suggested:

being able to see your own floors (which you have open or finished) without going into a team!

done :P

Some very nice suggestions (more weapon add-ons and extra binds would be awesome), but the pvp and race suggestions could be troublesome to implement. It reminds one of SC or GOP, and in these minigames, people basically never play the games the way "they're supposed to" - there's cc's specifically made for maximizing the xp you can get, which totally removes the whole idea of the minigames.

I.e., a SC cc is made specifically for skilling, meaning no combat is allowed, and people do follow these rules. The players skill for 20 minutes, getting max xp, and Sc isn't Sc as Jagex wanted it to be. The same thing applies to GOP - "50-50-cc's", where the two teams get a specific amount of altars to lure the stars/orbs.

Even lowering the xp you get isn't a solution, as people would just stick to normal dungeoneering, leaving pvp dungeoneering or racing completely unused. Yeah, a clan or two might do a fight once in a while, but it's definitely not what would be the purpose.

I don't flesh out ideas 100% in this suggestion thread.

Just because, any good author, inventor, or in this case, developer, never takes suggestions directly from his customers/fan base, unless it's just a very simple suggestion

this is the reason I don't go into balancing details such as whether or not metagamers will play it not how it is meant to be played.

I mean the solution isn't terribly hard.

Just give it no XP/Tokens, or just very little.

Then nobody would want to play it except to have fun.

Or maybe the developer WANTS it to be a good source of xp/tokens, or maybe he wants it to be exploited.

my point is there exists a million solutions to this dilemma

It's best we not delve into it in a suggestion thread.

If i were to post this onto the RSOF max forums (which some of these suggestions have been posted on the max forums thx to a friend)

I wouldn't want a jmod to get bored reading halfway thru it.

get to the juicy points, and get to it quick, then stop typing is the best way to get suggestions out there IMO.

Naaxi.png

I support your boss gauntlet idea! Gives me a better incentive for bossing :D

xp has to be less than regular large doings though, otherwise everyone will just boss spam.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...