05-Nov-2010 - Free Player Forum Access Expanded

Nurse_Renard

so... guide to quickest 350 total on F2P? anyone?

Step 1. Bot it.

Step 2. ????

Step 3. Profit!

Step 4. Spam forums.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this thread and was like "WTF?! f2p area exspanded??!!"

then i realised it sayd access insted lolz.

anyway, 350 total is ither to high ar to low.

thay should jsut make it you must of been playing the game for at least 1 week total playing time (for both mems and f2p)

well turthfully i dont really care, never used the RSOF and probably never will.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Can't post on forums if muted.

When did they change that?

Your in-game status and your forum status used to be separate.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember, so since around '06 or so.

i remember jagex saying something about forum mutes efecting your rs use and rs mutes efects you forum use.

but i dont have the slightest clue when i remember that from.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

i remember jagex saying something about forum mutes efecting your rs use and rs mutes efects you forum use.

but i dont have the slightest clue when i remember that from.

If you're muted in-game, you can't post/access the forums. If you're muted on the forums, you can still talk freely in-game.

Makes sense imo

EDIT: Just found this on the RSOF. Thought it was quite interesting...

[hide]Trolls.png[/hide]

Edited by Frede173

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I want to know when they plan on allowing players to appeal RSOF bans. tl;dr, I was banned for something I didn't commit AND had proof but they dropped the hammer for "spamming".

Today, look in rants. How the hell do these clowns attain the right to post there but I cant? (I used to post there for Market based things)

Popoto.~<3

I want to know when they plan on allowing players to appeal RSOF bans. tl;dr, I was banned for something I didn't commit AND had proof but they dropped the hammer for "spamming".

Today, look in rants. How the hell do these clowns attain the right to post there but I cant? (I used to post there for Market based things)

Jagex don't read the rants forum so you can pretty much post what you want in there.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

They should make the forums atleast 700+, 350 is much too low <_<

Players with 350 total are still newbies... :^_^:

Players with 350 total don't even know there are forums.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Inconsistent decision.

It was a nice gesture to allow high exp f2p access to forums as a reward.

Now letting any f2p almost use the forums is a joke.

When they implemented this they should have added a section that f2p solely can post on and restricted them from other parts of the forums.

In what century willl those RS forums be overhauled to begin with, it's not user friendly and barely lets the user's personality come through.

Can't be. I got an in-game mute in 07 and I was still able to use the forums (coincidentally, it was to write a thread panicking about the mute I received while my account was hacked, heh.)

hzvjpwS.gif

Did anyone consider the page 50 monster?

It's gonna get soooo much food!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I don't think the levels matter one ounce on the maturity of the RSOF. I know no other games in which you need in-game achievements to use the forums. The problem is not the users but the staff and forum system. Impliment much more widespread moderating and report systems and the RSOF would be able to handle people of any levels. New players are the ones that need help the most and would utilize the forums, but currently they cannot. It is also not low level players that spam, those with levels spam just as much.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't think the levels matter one ounce on the maturity of the RSOF. I know no other games in which you need in-game achievements to use the forums. The problem is not the users but the staff and forum system. Impliment much more widespread moderating and report systems and the RSOF would be able to handle people of any levels. New players are the ones that need help the most and would utilize the forums, but currently they cannot. It is also not low level players that spam, those with levels spam just as much.

It isn't levels = maturity.

It is levels = ease of throwaway spam accounts.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Exactly.

It's also ridiculous to claim that a new player could possibly need any help at this point. The game has become a frustrating exercise in spelling everything out for the first 5 hours of gameplay. They don't need the forums until the game stops explaining every thing they walk by. I made it through my early RShood having been handed a stick and some mind and air runes (I chose mage as my class) and being sent on my way, tutorial island-free.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

True, but the other updates they've made to their boards, such as the level seperated communities, portray the picture that they're doing it to provide a better environment for their users. And while having it not open to every single person might prevent spamming, it is not solving that glaring problem. Which is why, from the viewpoint of a moderator, the RSOF is permanently crippled. Which is a true shame, really. With all those people, it could be a good community.

It's also ridiculous to claim that a new player could possibly need any help at this point. The game has become a frustrating exercise in spelling everything out for the first 5 hours of gameplay. They don't need the forums until the game stops explaining every thing they walk by. I made it through my early RShood having been handed a stick and some mind and air runes (I chose mage as my class) and being sent on my way, tutorial island-free.

Just because you don't need it spelled out for you does not mean others don't. You would be surprised how many assumed 'common knowledge' questions are asked on a daily basis on these forums let alone any other board, especially one as diverse as the RSOF. They are attempting to phase out the need for help sites. Always have been since the emergence of things like the Knowledge Base and the like. They're doing a good job, too. But our communities are established to the point that anything less than a major overhaul to their structures could start to change that.

hzvjpwS.gif

^Have you made a new account lately? I am not exaggerating when I say that there is not a single question a new player could possibly have. Except maybe "why the hell is this game holding my hand?? I just want to play!"

^Have you made a new account lately? I am not exaggerating when I say that there is not a single question a new player could possibly have. Except maybe "why the hell is this game holding my hand?? I just want to play!"

Yes I have. But it's pointless for us to make a new account, isn't it? We already know the game. We can't un-learn that. So we can't judge the content as easily as we could if we were completely new to the game. Someone completely new to the game could benefit more from the way the game is structured now versus Tutorial Island. We don't know. We don't see that kind of feedback.

Tutorial Island wasn't all that fast to get through either, might I add.

hzvjpwS.gif

I didn't even have Tutorial Island, and I prefer it that way. It was fun not knowing exactly what to do and finding new hidden things to do like the Cook's Assistant quest and getting lost in Draynor manner with no home teleport and getting owned by a dark mage. The game is leaning heavily towards completely eliminating that feeling of adventure, and that bothers me.

This is all off topic, though. The point is, your first 350 total levels are basically handed to you in the form of a context sensitive in-game guide, so why the hell would you need to post on the forums before you've even BEGUN to try the game? It flat out tells you how to do everything, and 350 total levels is no work at all. If you don't have the patience to figure out how to do stuff with that kind of guidance, then I really don't want you on the forums.