Tip.It Times - 7th November 2010 (Writing Contest Winners!)

Racheya

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

This week we have our regular articles along with the winning fictional and editorial articles from our recent writing competition :)

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

yeh it sucks that they purposely put members doors..................it sucks that theyy have that cap

they shuld have just made it sliding instead of half exp...

f2p shuldnt be faster than members no but why an 89 train faster tan memberS?

StarViv.png

Definitely an awesome week! I enjoyed reading all four articles:

Xp Cap: I definitely agree with you. I never understoof why they have done it like this, and their excuse for the members' doors in dungeoneering is pathetic. There's still a lot left to be done here.

Storyline: yes, yes and yes! I'm on my way to the questcape at the moment, and it really makes a world of a difference if it's some random quest like one small favour or one that actually has a story to appeal.

Fictional 1: You, sir, are awesome. I thorougly enjoyed reading those detailed descriptions, and until now this is the best fictional I have read. Period. I hope there's more to come =)

Fictional 2:Looks interesting, but I guess I'll have to wait to see how it evolves. No comment atm.

For those that have embarked on the adventure that is reading the 1st part of the eight-parter: the real story is yet to begin :)

So I understand it if you cannot comment on it ;)

I would like to ask you to (and I will ask this for the next 6 weeks too) to rethink and repeat your thoughts on it by the time it is finished (somewhere close to new years)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I Love fictional articiles, as i rarely read the other articiles as i find them opinion pieces and most ppls opinions don't match

But ye looking forward to the rest of these 2 stories <3

Don't let me down ts_Stormrage, you got somthing quite interesting with your story going

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I wont :D

Some artwork was meant to accompany every issue, but that didnt turn out right for this one... (a scanner broke etc)...

I will see if it can be added once I have it in hands :)

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Sees_all's article was amazing, it really helped convey the feelings of that 5% who are cursed with higher combat on f2p worlds. =D>

In any case I would also like to applaud the creative pieces... They were pretty fun to read

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Sees_all's article was amazing, it really helped convey the feelings of that 5% who are cursed with higher combat on f2p worlds. =D>

In any case I would also like to applaud the creative pieces... They were pretty fun to read

You're too kind.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I wont :D

Some artwork was meant to accompany every issue, but that didnt turn out right for this one... (a scanner broke etc)...

I will see if it can be added once I have it in hands :)

You better not >=)

And woot =D

my favorite part of tip.it times has always been the stories, should resolve to put out alot more of em in 2011 for people like me, tbh.. :pray:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Lets first bring this one to a proper end...

And by then I'll probably want to write editorials instead of fictionals, cuz thats what I normally do (this is the first proper fictional i've ever written)...

But I promise you that if I get a good idea; I'll write it down :D

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Considering that level 3 leechers - who I consider a different breed from real level 3 skillers as night is different from day - are the player-found solution to the 50% experience cap, Jagex will likely not do anything else about it or put their fix at the very, very bottom of the priority list. But good on you Sees to air the dirty laundry, so to speak.

Nothing more permanent than a temporary measure. Heh. :roll:

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Thanks for the positive comments. I however will likely not be able to continue writing my story until Christmas break in December, as my classes are very demanding of my time, and have even caused me to stop playing Runescape.

The editorials were a good read, and brought up some interesting points. I can't imagine trying to get through Dungeoneering on F2P with the severe limitations Jagex has put in place.

Ts_Stormrage, I like what your writings reminded me of as I read it. Growing up on a farm all my life, we lived out in the bush in the middle of nowhere, near a lake. I could relate to the need to get enough firewood for the winter, to have to catch fish (as we do it every winter commercially), and the hunting of animals (generally deer) to fill the freezers. I love when I can relate to the story, even in a small way because it brings me into the story. I'm looking forward to how the story develops over the course of the next few weeks. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I was pleasantly surprised by Sees_all1's article. It clearly explained an inconsistency in Jagex's policies without just ranting and, better yet, addressed the solution. It was nice to see an article that commented on an article rather than just explaining it, and was one of the best Times articles I've seen in the past couple of months. Kudos to him/her.

mythrandir.png

Lets first bring this one to a proper end...

And by then I'll probably want to write editorials instead of fictionals, cuz thats what I normally do (this is the first proper fictional i've ever written)...

But I promise you that if I get a good idea; I'll write it down :D

My comment wasn't just directed at you but all story makers here at Tip.it, But yes I am a fan of your writing Ts even if sometimes I may not agree with it.

What i'd love to see personally is a fictional story based on the events that happened in While guthix sleeps, Nomads Requiem, and The Lastest elf quest (temple of light?, not sure)

One of the not so 'typical' articles, finally. Sees_all should be nominated for the Editorial panel, in fairness. Actually agreed with most of the points addressed. (Damn long though, 1477 words!)

This is why Free to Play worlds is so... unappealing. Inconsistent, laggy, and just plain irritating.

About the other articles; I never read fictionals, I'd rather read a novel. The quest article was a bit of a drag, couldn't be bothered to read it.

About the other articles; I never read fictionals, I'd rather read a novel. The quest article was a bit of a drag, couldn't be bothered to read it.

Ok, we get it, there are about 5 of you regulars who don't "waste their time" reading our fictional pieces. There is no need to remind us about it every week we post one. :wall:

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

I definitely agree with the dg article. Now with occult and warped floors, no high level P2P player would use F2P. Granted that people who haven't reached that point would then use F2P worlds until then, SA's recommendation of some sort of scaling factor would make much more sense.

Ok, we get it, there are about 5 of you regulars who don't "waste their time" reading our fictional pieces. There is no need to remind us about it every week we post one. :wall:

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than 5 people who skip the fictionals. Don't kid yourselves now ;)

As for the DG Article: I completely agree, and I was genuinely surprised when I found out that f2p worlds still had the members doors. Another example of Jagex having poor communication and consistency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

YES!

I completely agree with the writer on this topic. I am afraid to level up any combat skill anymore, because I don't want to reach 90 cmb. That while I have only one character I use, a pure F2P that I have since early 2001. It's a shame, I would love to do some pvp/fog. Guess that'll have to wait till I get 120 dung =/

siggyanimatoin5dt.gif

--- Since januari/februari 2001 ---

The Grand Exchange Search Extension

Stupid xp caps and member doors. Bah. Agreed, it's a good article.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

I read somewhere that Jagex sometimes read the Times. I consider it ironic that if it'd reach their eyes faster than feedback in their own forums.

I was hoping this would get published, if only for the fact that Jagex might reads it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than 5 people who skip the fictionals. Don't kid yourselves now ;)

... So I took some license on the number :roll: My point is, every time someone writes a fictional piece; there is a small minority who decides to tell them their efforts aren't even worth the time of day. If you don't read our fictionals, imagine how us fictional writers feel about reading your opinions.

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"