9-Nov-2010 - Bank Op and Equip Screen Update (BOAESU)

Pirkka

The Pyramid Plunder mummy will now try to attack whatever player spawned it.

No, no wait, this is the best update in the last two years. Stupid noobs opening the sarcophs now get what they deserve.

Total Agreement. +2

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players will find they have temporary immunity from random events should they die to the Corporeal Beast, to allow them the opportunity to reclaim their losses.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

[hide=Quote Wall]

Why not use three right-clicks when three left-clicks do the job?

How the hell does this make RCing faster?

[hide=New bank interface]bankupdate.png[/hide]

Unless it is rather fail the update implys you can do right-click fill with bank open and it will fill from essence in your bank not just you inventory.

You have to close the bank regardless of the new update to fill up the abyssal BoB. Only now you have the *ahem* convenient option of doing three right-click -> left-clicks instead of just waiting until you close the bank and using three left-clicks only to fill the pouch.

There's no way on Earth this update makes RuneCrafting using the ZMI any faster, and baring in mind ZMI is within reason the fastest way of training RCing, I don't understand how this makes RuneCrafting itself any faster.

The only logical way this update could make ZMI faster is if you could fill BoBs while in the bank interface, and as far as I can tell, you can't.

[/hide]

You seem to of missed my point entirely.

The update implies that you open bank with EMPTY inventory aside from pouches then right-click fill pouch and essence will go direct from bank > pouch.

If this is not the case it will still be a bit faster, unless you are utterly useless at right-clicking as you cut out shut bank > open bank cycle

Whether you can fill from the bank or from the inventory is completely and utterly irrelevant. You still have to load the bank up twice in order to fill the abyssal BoB. That's the fundamental flaw.

Ugh, now you can't click off the bank screen which is annoying when you're smithing in Edgeville. Poop, now we have to cross the interface off or click on the minimap.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

[hide=Quote Wall]

Unless it is rather fail the update implys you can do right-click fill with bank open and it will fill from essence in your bank not just you inventory.

You have to close the bank regardless of the new update to fill up the abyssal BoB. Only now you have the *ahem* convenient option of doing three right-click -> left-clicks instead of just waiting until you close the bank and using three left-clicks only to fill the pouch.

There's no way on Earth this update makes RuneCrafting using the ZMI any faster, and baring in mind ZMI is within reason the fastest way of training RCing, I don't understand how this makes RuneCrafting itself any faster.

The only logical way this update could make ZMI faster is if you could fill BoBs while in the bank interface, and as far as I can tell, you can't.

[/hide]

The update implies that you open bank with EMPTY inventory aside from pouches then right-click fill pouch and essence will go direct from bank > pouch.

If this is not the case it will still be a bit faster, unless you are utterly useless at right-clicking as you cut out shut bank > open bank cycle

Whether you can fill from the bank or from the inventory is completely and utterly irrelevant. You still have to load the bank up twice in order to fill the abyssal BoB. That's the fundamental flaw.

Well if your over 75 rc you have to bank three times so it would help them.

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

lobstergloves.png

It's official. Barrows gloves are better than a lobster in every regard.

In all seriousness though, excellent update, I love it all :D

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Players will find they have temporary immunity from random events should they die to the Corporeal Beast, to allow them the opportunity to reclaim their losses.

ONLY TOOK 24 KARIL SETS, 15 BERSERKER RINGS, 10 Z SPEARS, 15 D SDTONE (I)s AND 2 FURIES, TY JAGEX

Ever got tired of closing and re-opening the bank so many times when youre equipping your character? In this weeks update, weve updated the banks inventory view to offer right-click options on certain items. Youll be able to equip weapons and armour

Yaj, good update :D

The Varrock apothecary has discovered a way to create more than one Strength potion at a time.

Hmm, helpful1 :thumbup:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Well if your over 75 rc you have to bank three times so it would help them.

Yup. 60 rc forgets about somewhat higher-levelled runecrafters :rolleyes:.

Anyway, good update.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It doesn't work to fill your pouches when you have pure essences in your bank but not in your inventory. That would have speeded up runecrafting quite a bit. As it is now it does make a slight difference though, since as you say, you don't have to close/open the bank several times. But the difference is still very small, if you don't have a slow computer so you bank takes a long time to load. I use the new right-click feature while in my bank when I rc now, but I have noticed that the difference in-between using this tactic and the normal one, of closing/opening the bank, is very, very small. The difference is less than a second for me.

I still think that the new update is good though. The equipment screen/bank screen combination is great and I'm sure that this update is more useful for training other skills than rc, in bigger and more ways.

But it is bad that you can't fill your bobs inventory from your bank. As someone said before me, that is a mayor flaw. Fix that for the next update, Jagex :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Really?

wtfgn.png

So how about reinbursing the THOUSANDS of players JaGeX scammed into thinking it was up to 10% and up to 20%? I want my tokens back.

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

09-Nov-2010 12:08:07

I've had a chat with Mod Chris L, who knows the code better than I do.

Suppose the shield has a melee damage absorption percentage of 14, and you get hit for 300 damage in melee.

The reduction is:

(300 - 200) * 14% = 14.

The remaining damage is therefore (300 - 14) = 286.

The Dungeoneering kiteshields tend to use 14% and 7%, not whatever the KB says.

Unfortunately the guys who write the KB don't always get the most up-to-date version of the information. If the game gets changed slightly just before launch, they KB often won't get updated to match. The KB guys are very happy to fix things when they're pointed out via the bug report form.

Gl JaGeX with floods of rants.

Ergh... I KNEW this update was ganna have something bad in it. I was dreading it.

It really makes it much less convenient not being allowed to close bank by clicking outside of it than any advantages giving by the update.

I suppose the developers didnt know that people just click outside the bank rather than zooming in to find the little 'x' button each time they doing anything like smithing.

Now its either click the little 'x' or the map that is across the screen.

*Waits for jagex surprise that people do this and that they didnt know about it* What is wrong with them lately.

I dont give a damn about the update because it gives less than what it takes. I really was so cringing this release I cant express how much I was hoping I would be wrong about them doing something like this. I logged in with fingers crossed this morning. I even thought that this is what the problem might be.

Ergh..!

Really?

wtfgn.png

So how about reinbursing the THOUSANDS of players JaGeX scammed into thinking it was up to 10% and up to 20%? I want my tokens back.

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

09-Nov-2010 12:08:07

I've had a chat with Mod Chris L, who knows the code better than I do.

Suppose the shield has a melee damage absorption percentage of 14, and you get hit for 300 damage in melee.

The reduction is:

(300 - 200) * 14% = 14.

The remaining damage is therefore (300 - 14) = 286.

The Dungeoneering kiteshields tend to use 14% and 7%, not whatever the KB says.

Unfortunately the guys who write the KB don't always get the most up-to-date version of the information. If the game gets changed slightly just before launch, they KB often won't get updated to match. The KB guys are very happy to fix things when they're pointed out via the bug report form.

Gl JaGeX with floods of rants.

The chaotic shield soaks up to 10% of all received melee damage and up to 20% of all received ranged damage. Magic damage is not soaked up at all.

so the damage reduction only applies to any damage over 200...

fishing.gif

even if you replace the 10% with 7% and the 20% with 14%, you'll still never soak up to that much of all the damage. it only reduces damage over 200. the people who wrote the knowledge base completely misunderstood the way the shields work

and the wording on the equipment screen "absorb magic" is completely misleading as well. that also suggests that X% of all damage received of that style is absorbed

fishing.gif

Haven't logged on yet to try the Bank update.

However:

I'm sorry?

temporary immunity from random events

'scuse me.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Logged off last night in the middle of doing MEP2. I got on today, and was like... "Uhhhh.... what the hell am I wearing?" Turns out they thought mourner clothes needed an update.

mourner.png

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I like the change to mourners gear. The old mask didn't fit in with the time frame. The new gear looks like plague doctor ish, which does fit in.

I guess this update means a lot of new work for the Crew with all the weights to add onto the Item Database.

Also, on the shield above, it does say up to 10%, not a direct 10%. I believe it is your assumption that you got 10%, so it is your fault you are disappointed.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

lobstergloves.png

It's official. Barrows gloves are better than a lobster in every regard.

In all seriousness though, excellent update, I love it all :D

Hell I even love that update there.

Jesus Christ, can't you just admit that you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not wrong.

the expression for overall dg shield damage reduction should be ntegral(0.14(x-200)/x,x,200,max)/max. this evaluates to about 1 percent against a 300 max, 2 percent against a 400 max, 3.3 percent against 500 max. those percentages are halved for the secondary style damage reduction

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top